Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

33 minutes ago, Keksie said:

The Blue Angels will sometimes practice in our area.  They are amazing and so much fun to watch.

There is a air show every year in Ft Worth and they have either the Blue Angels ot Thunderbirds performing each year , company my wife works for always host them . Really great watching the show.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, George C said:

I am a diehard Yankee fan my entire life , hard not to be growing up with Mickey Mantle playing center and Yogi catching , my two favorite gifts I received from my wife was a autographed ball and plaque signed by Mickey. Remember as a kid having conversations on who was better Mickey, Willie or the Duke.

I am a (not quite so much anymore) diehard Red Sox fan.  Better not get into a Red Sox vs. Yankees "discussion".  That would put some of the other heated discussions on CC to shame.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Actually ended up being a wine and watch the Masters tournament on TV...as indeed it rained all afternoon.  Quite the storms...some areas of Florida received large hail.  Luckily no chunks of ice hitting the land yacht...but chunks of ice did hit Bucky's rum drink.  😉 🥃

Unfortunately, a mostly boring Masters this year.  Thought maybe Xander had a shot until 16.  Jordan couldn't seem to get things going all week.  Congrats to Hideki Matsuyama.  Sounds like he will be a national hero as the first Japanese winner of a golf major in a golf crazed country.  I wouldn't be surprised, as they suggested on the broadcast, if he was chosen to light the Olympic flame...maybe along with Tsubasa Kajitani who won the Augusta National Women's Amateur a couple of weeks ago.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

My nephew, an Ex-New Yorker, named his dog "Shea".

Reminds me of the story of a diehard Detroit Red Wings fan whose last name was Arena.  They named their first born Joe Louis so that his full name would be Joe Louis Arena, where the Red Wings played at the time.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Laura is watching. 

Amelia taped itand is watching it now.

50 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Since Linda's balcony is both east and south facing, we can look for them from the west.

Their view is easily worth several hundred $ per seat

Parking going to be a nightmare, luckily they have a 2 car garage

My brothers condo is a 1/4 mile from Lori Wilson Park. We will be on his balcony watching the show.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, cruisingpeople said:

Amelia taped itand is watching it now.

My brothers condo is a 1/4 mile from Lori Wilson Park. We will be on his balcony watching the show.

We're in Royale Towers. 8th floor.

We should be eye level with a few of the planes.

20210412_093648.thumb.jpg.09597d09565cc5e300d97b599e43ecf0.jpg

Gonna be a bad day to be a pelican

20210412_093713.thumb.jpg.22d2500dd7b336fa7cf4c16ea0c2808a.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Coming to a beach near you 😁

Screenshot_20210412-081537_Chrome.thumb.jpg.682a7f82139eeb0ef93bd828dc9ae511.jpg

And by "you", I mean me😉

This is Blue Angels, maybe 10 years ago

Screenshot_20210412-080733_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4d6c578e8cdcb4876afab0105bca2103.jpg

Really expensive toys 

Screenshot_20210412-081501_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6cf2de12070933705397c82da0fdd23f.jpg

Looks like something that I need to add to my to do list.  Are there hotel rooms available during the show or does the entire area get booked?

3 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Looks like something that I need to add to my to do list.  Are there hotel rooms available during the show or does the entire area get booked?

Probably to late now. Hilton next door is the host hotel. They've been marketing this for months.

https://cocoabeachairshow.com/schedule-of-events/

Edited by John&LaLa

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

We're in Royale Towers. 8th floor.

We should be eye level with a few of the planes

We will be in the Beach Winds Condos. I believe the 4th floor. Should be a good vantage point.

Supposedly going to the roof on Sunday. (Not confirmed).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Probably to late now. Hilton next door is the host hotel. They've been marketing this for months.

https://cocoabeachairshow.com/schedule-of-events/

Thanks.  Couldn't do it this year anyway since we already have plans for this coming weekend.  I'm asking for next year.  The link you gave shows several hotels, in addition to the host Hilton.  Adding it to my bookmarks.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cruisingpeople said:

We will be in the Beach Winds Condos. I believe the 4th floor. Should be a good vantage point.

Supposedly going to the roof on Sunday. (Not confirmed).

We're not allowed up there now that we spent 2 million $ on a new roof😉

Roof access was the reason I agreed to be on board a few years ago. I'll have HOA president on speed dial if I see anyone up there 😉

5 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Thanks.  Couldn't do it this year anyway since we already have plans for this coming weekend.  I'm asking for next year.  The link you gave shows several hotels, in addition to the host Hilton.  Adding it to my bookmarks.

First beach show in 8-10 years. Hope it continues

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Sun n Fun air show is in Lakeland this weekend. Our business is across the street from the airport where they all take of and land so we have a great viewing area. We cater food and bring in bounce houses and other fun things for the kids. They spend at least a week practicing so we get a great preview along with a lot of noise and the walls shaking. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Harry has arrived back in England and is isolating at his previous home in Kensington palace.

I'm sure he'll bring comfort to his Grandmother.  Hopefully, the rift with the royal family can be healed during this time of sorrow.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Reminds me of the story of a diehard Detroit Red Wings fan whose last name was Arena.  They named their first born Joe Louis so that his full name would be Joe Louis Arena, where the Red Wings played at the time.

Some people are just mega fans.

13 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I'd love to see it. 

We sailed from Fort Lauderdale on the first day of the air show there a few years ago.  We boarded the ship as soon as we could and went right to the pool deck to get good spots at the back of the ship.  We watched the air show for hours with a bunch of people from the roll call.  Was really neat to see.  We had booked a hotel directly on the beach for the night before and were lucky enough to see the Thunderbirds practicing right after we checked in.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, George C said:

There is a air show every year in Ft Worth and they have either the Blue Angels ot Thunderbirds performing each year , company my wife works for always host them . Really great watching the show.

The Blue Angels flew over my area in Collin County last Spring. Beautiful and patriotic to see but if you blinked you would miss them.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, George C said:

I am a diehard Yankee fan my entire life , hard not to be growing up with Mickey Mantle playing center and Yogi catching , my two favorite gifts I received from my wife was a autographed ball and plaque signed by Mickey. Remember as a kid having conversations on who was better Mickey, Willie or the Duke.

From the TV show Brooklyn Bridge: Little Natey asks his brother Allen why Jackie Robinson was traded.  Allen replied "for a better contract, more money" Little Natey responded shocked "You mean they get paid"? Not a Yankee story but shows the innocence of a young boy's love of the game.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, singinalot said:

We had a pretty busy weekend. I left work early on Thursday and went to the title company to sign the closing paperwork for the sale of the house here. Funds showed up in my account Friday afternoon. $$$

Friday morning I woke up, grabbed the dog, and drove about an hour away to Rampart Reservoir.
https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/colorado/rampart-reservoir-via-rainbow-gulch-trail

I had never been out there before, but my boss recommended it to me and I’m very glad I went. The rushing water through the stream and the calmness of the reservoir were just what I needed. It was a little over a 4 mile hike and I only saw 2 people the entire time. Sam had fun chasing the geese 😉B1455F8A-5F0C-4528-9F16-2CAB0A5187BB.thumb.jpeg.aa5efdec1b8b3f258a1dd25ddcc703da.jpeg

66D37BDF-51B1-4360-8197-3531BBB329AF.thumb.jpeg.993653f5adce7c61dc0e7d397f9fa9b4.jpeg

9197CD5A-1A3C-4C5E-8CAE-73CAD9B90800.thumb.jpeg.9b8c75d745ae1917f09b01110b16b061.jpeg

5A27DD98-9210-4606-AF6C-090FCA135E62.thumb.jpeg.815c6501e6b465a966d956fe24724c89.jpeg

3494CBDC-00ED-4671-8EE0-020D77F2B547.thumb.jpeg.6f05977bac24ba4f3776194bad779d22.jpeg

So tranquil. Nice place for a relaxing walk.

48 minutes ago, singinalot said:

We had a pretty busy weekend. I left work early on Thursday and went to the title company to sign the closing paperwork for the sale of the house here. Funds showed up in my account Friday afternoon. $$$

Friday morning I woke up, grabbed the dog, and drove about an hour away to Rampart Reservoir.
https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/colorado/rampart-reservoir-via-rainbow-gulch-trail

I had never been out there before, but my boss recommended it to me and I’m very glad I went. The rushing water through the stream and the calmness of the reservoir were just what I needed. It was a little over a 4 mile hike and I only saw 2 people the entire time. Sam had fun chasing the geese 😉B1455F8A-5F0C-4528-9F16-2CAB0A5187BB.thumb.jpeg.aa5efdec1b8b3f258a1dd25ddcc703da.jpeg

66D37BDF-51B1-4360-8197-3531BBB329AF.thumb.jpeg.993653f5adce7c61dc0e7d397f9fa9b4.jpeg

9197CD5A-1A3C-4C5E-8CAE-73CAD9B90800.thumb.jpeg.9b8c75d745ae1917f09b01110b16b061.jpeg

5A27DD98-9210-4606-AF6C-090FCA135E62.thumb.jpeg.815c6501e6b465a966d956fe24724c89.jpeg

3494CBDC-00ED-4671-8EE0-020D77F2B547.thumb.jpeg.6f05977bac24ba4f3776194bad779d22.jpeg

Stunning photos.