Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 hours ago, helen haywood said:

No, no!  The cat is their “pet” in their car who isn’t allowed out.  Love the Golden puppies...puppy breath...💕

Ahh, I didnt realize the cat was in same car.  I'll have to play closer attention next time I see it on tv.  Too cute!😺

• Like 3

7 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Pool furniture went out today even thought the pool is not opened yet. It is a bit early but the weather today is 77F, feeling like 81F. Much warmer than normal but we will accept it. 

731B45C0-C178-4F8A-A47B-F9D4BF311F66.thumb.jpeg.948e52491fdd6e62163dcdc83697d276.jpeg

Beautiful!  Does Lucy claim a lounge chair by the pool too?  Chair hog!!😺

• Like 3

I moved from Florida in 1999,  from a home that had a pool.  I have no desire to have another one to take care of. Of course, fire ants love to build their nest right next to the filters. But when they start biting, the perfect solution is to jump in the pool. They don't last long in the chlorine water.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Ahh, I didn't realize the cat was in same car.  I'll have to play closer attention next time I see it on tv.  Too cute!😺

When seeing all of you rave about the Subaru's commercials with dogs and a cat, I got curious (curiosity killed the cat?😉) and googled it.

Good one 👍 and the Outback, or was it Forester?, look like cool cars 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Drove up to Lake Erie today.  Nice lunch, then walking the peninsula. 

Lighthouse at waterworks 

A3B581AE-D203-4F71-BC14-33906882569C.thumb.jpeg.2763bdf4cf9abf39ad5e1f160e012202.jpeg

Air temperature was 83° at the beach. 

39F537BC-4664-486D-9CB6-3D6DAD96CD81.thumb.jpeg.d96a9ff1f6bcdadbedb913b36cd2ebc5.jpeg

I think there were more people on the beach than were on the beach when we were in Ft. Lauderdale last month. No one in the water here though. Water temperature was 39°.  Wet suit weather. 

86164D5D-FF53-46F9-A7CA-E8A904A7D2F6.thumb.jpeg.4a67d06a0d491d4689b64aa790c7bb3e.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, voyager70 said:

Graham, curious and admittedly have not been keeping up with current news regarding Prince Phillip, are Harry and Meghan attending funeral and how will they be (or expected to be) received?

It is highly unlikely Meghan will fly to the UK because she is pregnant and has a young child.

Harry will have to isolate for 5 days and get a negative covid19 test after arriving in the UK.

The funeral is 3pm on Saturday 17th April so he will need to be here in the next 24-36 hours.

I think the British public will welcome Harry but relations might be a bit tense with some members of the Royal Family.

The funeral will be televised but will be a private funeral with only 30 family there.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Prince Philips funeral will be on Saturday 17th April at 3pm.

Screenshot_20210410_194052.jpg

I didnt think she would want to fly internationally during the pandemic and being pregnant.   Very sad for everyone, sounds like Prince Philip will have the type of funeral he wanted instead of a big gathering.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Beautiful set up.  Installation of Unilock pavers begins next week on ours. Will be done in 2 weeks (so the contractor says LOL).  May I ask the make of your dining set & pool loungers?  I’m having trouble finding ones that match (and don’t have cushions).  

Check out wayfair.com  I just bought a patio/dining set that looks very similar to their set. I ordered online.  Supposed to arrive by end of next week.  

Only thing is we will have to assemble it.  I'm sure instructions will be another language.

Edited by Sunshine3601

Pretty good week here.. I got my first shot Thursday (finally) and we finally received our stimulus check today. Had repairs done to our 2004 ford escape and 2010 ford fusion so most of stimulus will pay that off.  Our new puppy is finally house broken if only we can control her biting.

/

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I didn't remove a cover, or vacuum, no chlorine added, no pump to turn on, and it will be some time before the heater does anything at all...20200112_170048.thumb.jpg.b12de6ecdddb48f08453eee77bea239c.jpg

When I was a little girl, my grandfather (who owned a bungalow near the ocean in Queens, NYC - yes that is technically the western part of Long Island) .... told me he turned the ocean on with a faucet each year.  

He is long gone, Ocean Boy, but he might still be helping you (and a lot of other people) out. 

🌊 💙

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, mets07 said:

When I was a little girl, my grandfather (who owned a bungalow near the ocean in Queens, NYC - yes that is technically the western part of Long Island) .... told me he turned the ocean on with a faucet each year.  

He is long gone, Ocean Boy, but he might still be helping you (and a lot of other people) out. 

🌊 💙

Rockaway Beach?  Lovely memory of your grandfather.

• Like 2

We did have a Subaru for a weekend when we went to the Pebble Beach Concours.  It didn’t blend with the other cars in the parking lots, but I had no issues parking it anywhere. It was safe from theft and could hop a curb with no issues at all. Thrifty on gas too. 

AA403ADF-646F-4DEF-8B35-616F3053FE34.thumb.jpeg.63d4e19bcebd91718fb32d71d4ac20f7.jpeg

The rest of these cars were in the parking lot with us at one of the golf courses. They were just daily drivers, LOL. Probably just this one weekend if the year.  😉😆

239195AD-29C7-415C-98E6-A6B0E2B3A166.thumb.jpeg.42f34a35a946ed8bbdc2ffa20468b006.jpeg

C52DB88C-3E52-4BB2-A4F6-AF784E4C135A.thumb.jpeg.60e5a91de26ce5922411353cfc20d4f3.jpeg

BE87CECD-D354-4582-AB89-0E7C5A34FFB9.thumb.jpeg.1a9d59ccf4f081e44de49149fdbb311e.jpeg

7554F375-9B30-4BF7-9BCE-C13217DA2A05.thumb.jpeg.8395f259fa32b3b770f9b937733cec12.jpeg

FDD2EE1F-8844-4337-9B9C-E41B85CD3CAC.thumb.jpeg.0f24055ecc2df525d3ff15b47a7b002b.jpeg

39E38853-90A5-4722-B044-76A5B2481F79.thumb.jpeg.4f5e1122ebbc0a0a67e455384fee9aaf.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

I have been reading this thread since Dani started it so many months ago. I have responded with emojis if I liked/agreed with someone’s posting,but I want to,

respond to mets07 post about Breezy Point.  

Being a Queens kid myself, I had friends who spent a good amount of the summer at Breezy Point beginning n the 1960s. Do you happen to know a family with the last name,Reilly?

The son and daughter’s names are Billy and Patti. 

This might be a small world story .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

We did have a Subaru for a weekend when we went to the Pebble Beach Concours.  It didn’t blend with the other cars in the parking lots, but I had no issues parking it anywhere. It was safe from theft and could hop a curb with no issues at all. Thrifty on gas too. 

AA403ADF-646F-4DEF-8B35-616F3053FE34.thumb.jpeg.63d4e19bcebd91718fb32d71d4ac20f7.jpeg

The rest of these cars were in the parking lot with us at one of the golf courses. They were just daily drivers, LOL. Probably just this one weekend if the year.  😉😆

239195AD-29C7-415C-98E6-A6B0E2B3A166.thumb.jpeg.42f34a35a946ed8bbdc2ffa20468b006.jpeg

C52DB88C-3E52-4BB2-A4F6-AF784E4C135A.thumb.jpeg.60e5a91de26ce5922411353cfc20d4f3.jpeg

BE87CECD-D354-4582-AB89-0E7C5A34FFB9.thumb.jpeg.1a9d59ccf4f081e44de49149fdbb311e.jpeg

7554F375-9B30-4BF7-9BCE-C13217DA2A05.thumb.jpeg.8395f259fa32b3b770f9b937733cec12.jpeg

FDD2EE1F-8844-4337-9B9C-E41B85CD3CAC.thumb.jpeg.0f24055ecc2df525d3ff15b47a7b002b.jpeg

39E38853-90A5-4722-B044-76A5B2481F79.thumb.jpeg.4f5e1122ebbc0a0a67e455384fee9aaf.jpeg

You actually went to the BIG Pebble Beach Concours d'elgance in LA? Envious.

On 4/8/2021 at 3:59 PM, Sheal said:

I feel bad for the cat not knowing what it was getting into. Hope it didn't get sick or a hangover.

Agreed. Horrible people. 🤬

@Mets FanHappy Belated Birthday

@A&L_OntHappy Belated Birthday to your Mom. Looks like y’all had a great time. Owen is definitely getting taller.

@LionesssI do the same thing. I just let M8ke take care of it. 😁

@grapau27Sorry to hear about Prince Phillip. ThemQueen must be devastated.

I was 14 pages behind and still trying to get caught up, but I’m working on it. Not in CC jail, 🤣 but I just haven’t been on as much lately.

Congrats to the new car owners. I think it was George in Dallas that was wanting a mid sized suv. I absolutely loved my Toyota 4Runner, but that was 20 years ago so I don’t know what they are like now. I was wanting to look at them, but they didn’t tow enough so I ended up with the Denali. I would have seriously looked at them otherwise. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@ReneeFLL

Hopefully, Mike's surgery went well and you're celebrating you birthday in style 💐

Happy Birthday, Renee 🌷

Thanks. The dr called and said it went well, but there was one small thing ( I think) that apparently the anesthesia can cause, but it’s not that big of a deal. Sometimes the anesthesia will cause a person to not be able to pee. He was in recovery longer because they kept having him drink water/juice. Still didn’t work so they put in a catheter. That fixed it, but since it’s the weekend he has it in till Monday when he goes back. He is absolutely not a happy camper. 

Normally we always stay at the hospital when one of us has surgery. Since they did away with the comfy waiting room for the surgery floor due to covid I decided to head back home. Thank goodness I did. I left the hospital at about 8:00am and didn’t pick him up until about 9:30pm. 😳  I do want to talk to the dr to get more info. Mike was supposed to be his second surgery and be done about 12:30 with a couple of hours recovery time. He didn’t get out until about 2:30. If the dr took another patient ahead of him that’s fine, but if he was still the second patient I want to know why he was in surgery that long. Makes me wonder if things really went fine or if they just turned out fine in the end. Maybe the first patient took longer? 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

My birthday was spent in bed most of the day with Mike. I have been catering to him since he has been in bed all day and only gotten up for the bathroom. Truth is he really hasn’t needed or wanted much, but I’m here the second he wants something. This is the only time he lets me attend to him like this is when he’s really sick or hurting which is rare. I wouldn’t have it any other way for my birthday. I’m just glad he is ok. We can always celebrate my birthday another day.

15 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

There's a similar show about private airplanes being repossessed.  They need to find the plane, make sure that it can safely fly, and then take off from wherever the plane is...without anyone noticing.  It's one thing to back a tow truck up to a car and drive away.  It's a completely different thing to jump in a plane you've never seen before and fly away. 

I used to watch it. One of the repo guys lived in Central Florida. Those were some crazy repos. I remember one guy they kept tracking around the world, but he was always one step ahead of them. They finally caught up to him and got the plane.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 4

I loved my catheter! When I had my second hip replaced, after waking me up multiple times all night, they came in about 4AM and wanted to remove it. I told the nurse to go away, and that I wanted to sleep, and they could remove it when it was actually morning! :classic_rolleyes::classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If I had my way, I’d fill it in but my wife likes it so I’m stuck with maintaining it. In 20 years I’ve been in less than a dozen times. 

id take your “pool” any day of the week. 

We also didn’t use our pool in the first 15 or so years. That changed when I discovered sitting in the pool with a drink in hand is very relaxing. 🥂

6 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@ReneeFLL. HAPPY BIRTHDAY and many more!!!🤩  Hope you are enjoying your special day💐

Thanks for the birthday wishes. I am happy staying home, but not sure it was a special day as I hit the big 60. 😱 Oh well, like they say it’s just a number.

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

@ReneeFLL Happy Birthday!!! Hope have had a great day. 

Thanks for the birthday wishes. We didn’t go out but I was very happy to be here with Mike.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Thanks. The dr called and said it went well, but there was one small thing ( I think) that apparently the anesthesia can cause, but it’s not that big of a deal. Sometimes the anesthesia will cause a person to not be able to pee. He was in recovery longer because they kept having him drink water/juice. Still didn’t work so they put in a catheter. That fixed it, but since it’s the weekend he has it in till Monday when he goes back. He is absolutely not a happy camper. 

Normally we always stay at the hospital when one of us has surgery. Since they did away with the comfy waiting room for the surgery floor due to covid I decided to head back home. Thank goodness I did. I left the hospital at about 8:00am and didn’t pick him up until about 9:30pm. 😳  I do want to talk to the dr to get more info. Mike was supposed to be his second surgery and be done about 12:30 with a couple of hours recovery time. He didn’t get out until about 2:30. If the dr took another patient ahead of him that’s fine, but if he was still the second patient I want to know why he was in surgery that long. Makes me wonder if things really went fine or if they just turned out fine in the end. Maybe the first patient took longer? 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

My birthday was spent in bed most of the day with Mike. I have been catering to him since he has been in bed all day and only gotten up for the bathroom. Truth is he really hasn’t needed or wanted much, but I’m here the second he wants something. This is the only time he lets me attend to him like this is when he’s really sick or hurting which is rare. I wouldn’t have it any other way for my birthday. I’m just glad he is ok. We can always celebrate my birthday another day.

I used to watch it. One of the repo guys lived in Central Florida. Those were some crazy repos. I remember one guy they kept tracking around the world, but he was always one step ahead of them. They finally caught up to him and got the plane.

Renee.

Sending you both our very best wishes and hopefully Mike recovers quickly.

Maybe they wanted to do keyhole surgery and decided to do conventual surgery instead and needed a general anaesthetic.

My Late dad had 2 inguinal hernia operations with mesh put in.

Take care.

Graham & Pauline.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, grapau27 said:

The funeral is 3pm on Saturday 17th April .

The funeral will be televised but will be a private funeral with only 30 family there.

Prince Philip's death is prominently reported here, especially since he visited his mother' grave in Israel and planted a tree in her memory in the "Righteous Among the Nations" Garden.

Middle page in the most popular newspaper. May he RIP.

20210411_103234.jpg

• Like 3