Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm sure his Grandma, the Queen, will be very happy to see him.

It's reported that he flew in yesterday. Needs to isolate for 5 days then get a negative PCR test. Hopefully will be a time to reconcile 

• Like 3

Our next stage in our road map to lift the lockdown is today. Non essential shops to open. Outdoor pubs and cafes can open, gyms and hairdressers and beauty saloons are opening today also. Just off to the gym, and having a patch test at the saloon later this morning  👍

We're also in the middle of a snow storm, hubby just gone out to scrap my car for me 😊

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, sgmn said:

We're also in the middle of a snow storm, hubby just gone out to scrap my car for me

We are also experiencing a very unusual spell of cold weather, with snow in the north.

It seems "someone" confused April with January...😉

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I hope his recovery is speedy and all goes well with removal of the catheter.  Eric has had them for a couple surgeries over the years and his never a happy camper if he still has it in when he gets home.   He took one out himself once.  I didnt want to be anywhere near him while he removed it.

Thanks for the well,wishes. Hopefully it should come out tomorrow, well actually today.

• Like 3

Currently sunny and 35°F.

I got home 20 minutes ago after finally getting a haircut at my barbers after 15 weeks lockdown.

Our non essential shops,gyms, hairdressers open again today.

Lots of pubs and restaurants have been setting up large outside marquees for today's outdoor openings.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You could easily substitute "CC" for "movie" in that sentence.🤣

Actually ended up being a wine and watch the Masters tournament on TV...as indeed it rained all afternoon.  Quite the storms...some areas of Florida received large hail.  Luckily no chunks of ice hitting the land yacht...but chunks of ice did hit Bucky's rum drink.  😉 🥃

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

It is a similar afternoon here. I’m watching the Masters and enjoying some popcorn. 

Exactly what we did.  😉   But the "house" was a bit different.  Couped up in the house on wheels for the afternoon due to storms.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, voyager70 said:

Anyone watching Food Network Tournament of Champions?  Love this show.  My man Darnell just advanced to the semifinals.  Now watching Maneet vs. Christian.  Antonia vs Jet up next.  This is awesome.

Laura is watching. 

Schedule just posted, might be same both days, so we can leave early on Sunday to beat traffic home. Or just hang out, who knows.

Opening Ceremonies
Invocation
National Anthem
C-17 Globemaster III Demo
F-22 Raptor Demo
Air Force Heritage Flight
Mike Wiskus in the Lucas Oil Pitts
B-52 Stratofortress Bomber
John Black in the Super Decathlon
Valiant Air Command Warbird Parade
(C-47 TICO Belle B-25 Bomber, TBM, T-6, PT17)
B-1 Lancer Bomber
GEICO Skytypers
A-10 Warthog Demo
Mike Wiskus in he Lucas Oil Pitts   
U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Coming to a beach near you 😁

Screenshot_20210412-081537_Chrome.thumb.jpg.682a7f82139eeb0ef93bd828dc9ae511.jpg

And by "you", I mean me😉

Screenshot_20210412-080733_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4d6c578e8cdcb4876afab0105bca2103.jpg

Really expensive toys 

Screenshot_20210412-081501_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6cf2de12070933705397c82da0fdd23f.jpg

I like how they sneak up on you.  One year, standing on the beach, we were watching 3 or four of them out over the ocean when unknown to us, one of their buddies came ripping in full steam directly from the west behind us and then overhead of all of us.  Wow!!  Goosebumps and lots of roar!  

Luckily did not have to change my shorts.  😮 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

I like how they sneak up on you.  Once year standing on the beach to watch this, we were watching 3 or four of them out over the ocean, when unknown to us, one of their buddies came ripping in full steam directly from the west behind us and then overhead of all of us.  Wow!!  Goosebumps and lots of roar!  

Luckily did not have to change my shorts.  😮 

Since Linda's balcony is both east and south facing, we can look for them from the west.

Their view is easily worth several hundred $ per seat

Parking going to be a nightmare, luckily they have a 2 car garage

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, mets07 said:

Of course, what would life be like without local rivalries? 

I am a diehard Yankee fan my entire life , hard not to be growing up with Mickey Mantle playing center and Yogi catching , my two favorite gifts I received from my wife was a autographed ball and plaque signed by Mickey. Remember as a kid having conversations on who was better Mickey, Willie or the Duke.

• Like 2