Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

My father was big into video recording everything when I was little.  He rigged up a board that held the camera in the middle and had flood lights on either end.  We always had to wait at the top of the stairs until he was ready before coming down on Christmas morning.  Felt like an eternity.  When he was finally ready, we got blasted with those lights in our face.  Surprised that none of us ever fell down the steps. 

I have a box of those old videos somewhere.  I really should send them to one of those services to get them converted to digital.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We always had to wait at the top of the stairs until he was ready before coming down on Christmas morning. 

Oh, that sounds familiar.  The one reel I watched had Christmas on it.  I was in my pajamas, with a cowboy hat on, wearing a couple six guns.  Do they even sell those for kids these days?

As far as teenagers and driving, I don’t miss those days at all.  My kids crashed so often, I was getting a frequent customer discount at the body shop.  Nothing serious, but they kept losing mirrors, running into stop signs, and sliding off the road into trees in winter.  I know I had great restraint and patience during those years, and my first question was always to ask if they were okay.  Maybe I learned something from my own teenage experience, when I rolled a car at 17.  Came out without a scratch, and this was in the age before seat belts and airbags.  That was not my dad’s first question!

• Like 2

On 4/12/2021 at 4:22 AM, grapau27 said:

🤞Good luck to Mike today.

On 4/12/2021 at 4:25 AM, dani negreanu said:

🤞 Same here, Renee.🥰

He is doing ok with just some pain, otherwise everything came out just fine. 😁

• Like 4

16 hours ago, h20skibum said:

My day started out with some lawn repair (topsoil, seed and mulch), but got rained out early. 

So I moved on to my next project, and now I have a dilemma.  I have this box of old 8mm videos that were taken by my parents in the late 1950’s to early 1960’s.  I have an old 8mm projector that I did a cheap lighting conversion on, and it shows them. 

Now my dilemma.  All of them are labeled with what is on them, except one.  Do I chance watching it?   It could be anything from finding out who really shot JFK, to a video of mom and dad doing some things I really wouldn’t want to see. 😱 😬 

What would you do???

5041B89F-A26E-437C-A2EA-2646D9EEE856.thumb.jpeg.c1d4b03759f00ceaa0bb966b9742bea1.jpeg

If you don’t watch it, it will probably bug you forever. I say go for it.

4 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Nice car. You probably won’t see him much anymore. 😁

Lol, the only time we see him now is when he comes up from the basement. Other than now being able to go to his friends house he really doesn’t go out much.  The car was more for this fall when he heads off to university. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Crystal - You're going to love the weather in Florida, but you're going to miss those beautiful mountain hikes.  

Beach walks and ocean sunsets should help to make up for it. 😀

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

One very happy teenager here today.  Picked up his first car. 

Looks great. I am sure Toby will love it. I wonder when they will call again and ask about the wheels and rims now they are stuck with them. 

16 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Looks great. I am sure Toby will love it. I wonder when they will call again and ask about the wheels and rims now they are stuck with them. 

LOL, when we picked it up he asked if we still wanted him to keep looking for a set.  Also tried to tell us that he would have checked the date code and not sold them to us....sure. In hindsight maybe I should have bought them and pout them on while Toby is learning to drive stick

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Beach walks and ocean sunsets should help to make up for it. 😀

And fresh seafood.  And driving distance to ports.  And no state income tax.  And...  Combined with the warmer weather, it's definitely a no-brainer for me.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, singinalot said:

agree @bobmaclibertyand @A&L_Ont

thus why I did that hike on Friday. I *needed* water....any kind of water view.  🙂 

We're expecting more snow later this week. 😞 😞 😞

I have spent hours and hours at this point doing everything needed for the finance company for the FL house. Just when I thought I was done, they sent more requests last night. LOL good news is they finally got the elevation certification so we can move forward with picking flood insurance.  yuck.

Pauline has finished her work for the week so a nice water view for us.

It is 18.27pm and 47°F.

Graham.

16183347310011656417379485779721.jpg

• Like 6

57 minutes ago, singinalot said:

LOL good news is they finally got the elevation certification so we can move forward with picking flood insurance.  yuck.

Yuck that you need to pay for it, but I believe that it's all Federal backed and has a fairly set price based on the flood zone that you're in.  Probably not a lot of shopping required.  Other's who have been in FL longer can better comment.

59 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That's for sure.

Not sure if you have that same condition as we do...."No adult male drivers under 25" condition listed by car insurance company.....I think it is. 

Poor parents of the boys get slammed with that.  😮   Guess the girls are too sweet.  😉 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Not sure if you have that same condition as we do...."No adult male drivers under 25" condition listed by car insurance company.....I think it is. 

Poor parents of the boys get slammed with that.  😮   Guess the girls are too sweet.  😉 

No, no  conditions like that up here.  In fact the rates between my daughter and son were nearly identical.. The insurance companies up here no longer discriminate nearly as much as when I first started driving

• Like 1