Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

9 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

If folks are interested I could post some pics from the 5 day whirlwind. It would included cars,  and Alcatraz.  

Let me know what you all think. 

6 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Alcatraz would be very interesting.

Another vote for Alcatraz [and cars😉

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I do want to talk to the dr to get more info. Mike was supposed to be his second surgery and be done about 12:30 with a couple of hours recovery time. He didn’t get out until about 2:30. If the dr took another patient ahead of him that’s fine, but if he was still the second patient I want to know why he was in surgery that long. Makes me wonder if things really went fine or if they just turned out fine in the end. Maybe the first patient took longer?

That's a possibility.... they can't really know for sure.

Just to give you an example -- I was in a private hospital in Brussels, about to give birth.

I was hospitalized there for a month before, since our 2nd son decided that he is in a rush to get acquainted with his older brother... and I had contractions at the beginning of the 7th month. They managed to delay the birth for a month, and every one by that time knew us.

A stressful day at this exclusive hospital was 1 birth per day, and DH suddenly realized that another woman was brought in the delivery room. He asks the midwife how are they going to cope, and she says: "don't worry, this one will take some good hours to deliver, and your wife is almost there..." 

After a few minutes DS2 made his appearance, they just managed to put him on my DH without cleaning, anything, left me there "just hold him for a minute"....

and rushed to assist the other one.... "some good hours"??? some good minutes at best 🤣

• Like 3

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Yes, we went in 2017. We flew to San Fran and drove to Monterey.  Our hotel was there and was base. 

If folks are interested I could post some pics from the 5 day whirlwind. It would included cars, golf courses and Alcatraz.  

All pics very much welcomed, whether cars, golf, or Alcatraz. The 17 mile drive is just gorgeous if that’s in your photo library. 

Unfortunately, we will miss the Amelia Concours this year. It got push back from March into May due to Covid. We will be back in Ohio then selling our house. Oh well, probably won’t be the full experience this year anyway and there will be many years still to come. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mo&fran said:

Thanks for providing that link.  I remember looking it up at the time. I knew it was owned by one of those Uber-rich Russians.  They seemed to be having a competition on who could have the biggest, or most expensive yacht.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Plan for the day:

1. Go for a walk

2. Spend about an hour at the driving range pretending like I am improving my golf game.

3. Spend several hours in front of the television watching Sunday at the Masters.

Would love to see Will Zalatoris win today.  He's going to feel pressure like he never has in his young life.

Change of plans.  It's cooler and rainy here today so no walk or driving range.  Instead, lots of TV, recliner, and refrigerator action.  Hoping that Hideki Matsuyama doesn't build on his 3rd round Masters lead and that we get a typical Sunday finish.  Masters Sunday is my favorite golf day of the year (apologies to Graham and our other UK friends here 😁).

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Thanks for providing that link.  I remember looking it up at the time. I knew it was owned by one of those Uber-rich Russians.  They seemed to be having a competition on who could have the biggest, or most expensive yacht.  

He also has a sailing yacht with the same name. 600Mil for that one.

5 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Every now and then I think about what it must be like to have that kind of money.  A billion dollars probably generates at least $50M a year in interest.  It would be a nice challenge to have to spend $50M a year or your wealth grows even more.  A $300M yacht plus what is likely several million $ a year in operating costs would make that challenge easier.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

The front section looks like an upside down boat.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Check out wayfair.com  I just bought a patio/dining set that looks very similar to their set. I ordered online.  Supposed to arrive by end of next week.  

Only thing is we will have to assemble it.  I'm sure instructions will be another language.

Thanks, I’ve looked on Wayfair. They have several dining sets I like but can’t find matching pool chaise loungers.  I’ll look again though. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Change of plans.  It's cooler and rainy here today so no walk or driving range.  Instead, lots of TV, recliner, and refrigerator action.  Hoping that Hideki Matsuyama doesn't build on his 3rd round Masters lead and that we get a typical Sunday finish.  Masters Sunday is my favorite golf day of the year (apologies to Graham and our other UK friends here 😁).

It is a similar afternoon here. I’m watching the Masters and enjoying some popcorn. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Beautiful set up.  Installation of Unilock pavers begins next week on ours. Will be done in 2 weeks (so the contractor says LOL).  May I ask the make of your dining set & pool loungers?  I’m having trouble finding ones that match (and don’t have cushions).  

They are American made by Telescope Casual. The far two chairs are actually rockers.  We got to choose our fabric which doesn’t sun fade and are mold and mildew proof. The chairs and table bases are made from aluminum.  The end tables and large table tops are made from Marine Grade Polymer.  

We have had them for 5 years and would buy their product again. 

Hers’s the link to their site. 

https://www.telescopecasual.com/

• Like 1

5 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Yes, we went in 2017. We flew to San Fran and drove to Monterey.  Our hotel was there and was base. 

If folks are interested I could post some pics from the 5 day whirlwind. It would included cars, golf courses and Alcatraz.  

I almost went a couple of years ago with a car friend but scheduling conflicts. We had a concours d.  like that here in Mpls on Lake Minnetonka. I volunteered for it and was it was a wonderful experience. Big lake, cars, antique boats and some cycles on the grass, a site to behold. Pebble Beach is where the Bob Hope classic was played.

Yes, post some car photos and Alcatraz if you can.

6 hours ago, island lady said:

Thanks Graham.  I have my book packed if it is raining all day, plus lots of DVD movies we keep in there to play...and I tossed in some microwave popcorn. 

Could be a movie, popcorn, and wine afternoon.  😉 

Sprite and Makers Mark

Plus our version of 'All Dressed'

20210411_170045.thumb.jpg.7124d888cc78336f657bfd574c0f4a66.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Any photos from the "lemon" version

Edited by John&LaLa

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Any photos from the "lemon" version

With only 4 days in Monterey we didn’t make it to the Concours d'Lemons nor the 24 Hours of Lemons race at Laguna Seca. It looked up where it was but time didn’t permit. If we go again we will make it there. 

I’ve spent a bit of time figuring out what photos to post from all of them, so I might start after supper tonight. I might do posts it like a mini “live” review.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, mets07 said:

Hi MJSailors, I did not know that particular family, but they probably lived on a different "Walk" as the streets were/are called.  It was a great place to spend summers. My parents owned a bungalow for a few years, rented for another, and my grandparents lived there for many years. 

A lot of NYC firefighters and police officers live there. 

And unfortunately Queens saw many casualties in 911 because of the high population of first responders.

My cousins lived in Belle Harbor and it was always a treat visiting them from Manhattan where I grew up.

Are you a Mets fan? Many Dodger fans became Mets fans when The Dodgers left (abandoned) Brooklyn for LA. Lonnng time ago. 1957

8 hours ago, grapau27 said:

It was bright sunshine 2 minutes ago and now it is snowing.

16181451459992070679807766973819.jpg

Ha, we had the same down in the south. Warm enough to sit out in the garden and then an hour later a snow storm ❄️

• Like 2

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

They are American made by Telescope Casual. The far two chairs are actually rockers.  We got to choose our fabric which doesn’t sun fade and are mold and mildew proof. The chairs and table bases are made from aluminum.  The end tables and large table tops are made from Marine Grade Polymer.  

We have had them for 5 years and would buy their product again. 

Hers’s the link to their site. 

https://www.telescopecasual.com/

There are two local dealers who sell this brand, we’ll check them out.  Much appreciated 🙂!

• Like 1