Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Our farm manager and I used to fly to Alberta a couple times a year to go to cattle sales. We always booked the window and isle seat for the four our flight.

More often than not the middle seat remained empty. But this one time there was an older gent between us. We didn’t even get pushed 20’ back from the gateway and he was dropping the most deadly air biscuits we had ever smelt.🤢 It lasted for at least half the flight and thankfully decreased along the way. We never booked our seats that way again. 

Ewww...!!  😖

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Pool furniture went out today even thought the pool is not opened yet. It is a bit early but the weather today is 77F, feeling like 81F. Much warmer than normal but we will accept it. 

731B45C0-C178-4F8A-A47B-F9D4BF311F66.thumb.jpeg.948e52491fdd6e62163dcdc83697d276.jpeg

Very nice!  And very inviting looking.  🤗 Great job on the design.  Hope that was the end of your snow, and becomes real pool season soon!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vettprincess said:

Beautiful yard and furniture. A balmy 42 today with clouds and some rain. Snow on Tues.

Flying: I hate it and white knuckle the whole way. 3.5 to 4 hrs just to get to a cruise in FL. 

And have picked up awful sickness from people around me on a plane.

We will be moved to FL by fall and drive to a port.

I am in Florida and can drive to a port...but for some reason they won't let me drag my luggage up for drop off with the porters this last year.  😮😉 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Pool furniture went out today even thought the pool is not opened yet. It is a bit early but the weather today is 77F, feeling like 81F. Much warmer than normal but we will accept it. 

731B45C0-C178-4F8A-A47B-F9D4BF311F66.thumb.jpeg.948e52491fdd6e62163dcdc83697d276.jpeg

Pool open in OTOW😁

20210410_134423.thumb.jpg.a642bff5b673d283a7389ef1c54d4595.jpg

Didn't you get ❄ after opening it last year🤔

• Like 1

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Lovely pool area.

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Beautiful set up.  Installation of Unilock pavers begins next week on ours. Will be done in 2 weeks (so the contractor says LOL).  May I ask the make of your dining set & pool loungers?  I’m having trouble finding ones that match (and don’t have cushions).  

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Our farm manager and I used to fly to Alberta a couple times a year to go to cattle sales. We always booked the window and isle seat for the four our flight.

More often than not the middle seat remained empty. But this one time there was an older gent between us. We didn’t even get pushed 20’ back from the gateway and he was dropping the most deadly air biscuits we had ever smelt.🤢 It lasted for at least half the flight and thankfully decreased along the way. We never booked our seats that way again. 

Reminds me of the older gent standing in front of me at muster drill one time.  As if standing outside in oppressive Miami heat and humidity packed in like sardines wasn't bad enough I was forced to breathe in some of the worst gas I've ever smelt.  Eventually had to pull my T shirt over my nose so I wouldn't puke.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Very nice!  And very inviting looking.  🤗 Great job on the design.  Hope that was the end of your snow, and becomes real pool season soon!

It will be a bit cooler next week but that should be it until the fall. One neighbour was cutting his grass today, but he loves to be out of the house.  We also think that way he is also away from his wife because he cuts the lawn twice a week. 

25 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

Reminds me of the older gent standing in front of me at muster drill one time.  As if standing outside in oppressive Miami heat and humidity packed in like sardines wasn't bad enough I was forced to breathe in some of the worst gas I've ever smelt.  Eventually had to pull my T shirt over my nose so I wouldn't puke.

I gave the laugh emoji but really it could have been this one too. 🤮

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

It will be a bit cooler next week but that should be it until the fall. One neighbour was cutting his grass today, but he loves to be out of the house.  We also think that way he is also away from his wife because he cuts the lawn twice a week. 

I gave the laugh emoji but really it could have been this one too. 🤮

Yep!

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Exactly and the Royal Family are respecting this.

They will be wearing face coverings too.

Graham, curious and admittedly have not been keeping up with current news regarding Prince Phillip, are Harry and Meghan attending funeral and how will they be (or expected to be) received?

5 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

Graham, curious and admittedly have not been keeping up with current news regarding Prince Phillip, are Harry and Meghan attending funeral and how will they be (or expected to be) received?

Sorry, just read your previous post

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Last set of snow tires removed and stored away.  Pool vacuumed out after a long winter, chlorine added and the pump set to run a few hours every night to keep it from going green.  It will be another couple months before the heater gets turned on though. 

I didn't remove a cover, or vacuum, no chlorine added, no pump to turn on, and it will be some time before the heater does anything at all...20200112_170048.thumb.jpg.b12de6ecdddb48f08453eee77bea239c.jpg

• Like 11
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I didn't remove a cover, or vacuum, no chlorine added, no pump to turn on, and it will be some time before the heater does anything at all...20200112_170048.thumb.jpg.b12de6ecdddb48f08453eee77bea239c.jpg

If I had my way, I’d fill it in but my wife likes it so I’m stuck with maintaining it. In 20 years I’ve been in less than a dozen times. 

id take your “pool” any day of the week. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 2