Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

We had a lovely church service this morning and the organist played our National Anthem in memory of Prince Philip.

Afterwards we took some goodies through for our Sarah and stopped now to look at Azura docked at Newcastle.

It was bright sunshine 2 minutes ago and now it is snowing.

16181451459992070679807766973819.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Prince Philip's death is prominently reported here, especially since he visited his mother' grave in Israel and planted a tree in her memory in the "Righteous Among the Nations" Garden.

Middle page in the most popular newspaper. May he RIP.

20210411_103234.jpg

There's an Israeli cafe/store here in Dallas that sells the Jerusalem Post and the Yediot. Best felafel outside of Tel Aviv.

• Like 1

I hate the guilt stories when people ask you to switch from your aisle seat on a plane.  I've had a young couple that said they were just married and on their way to their honeymoon.  Would I switch so that they can sit together?  Also had a mother and young daughter who were not seated together and asked me to switch.  Both times I ended up in a middle seat.

A good seat switching story.  I was already seated at the window in 1A (first class bump) and another guy was already on the aisle in 1B.  We were comfortably seated with a drink while the rest of the plane boarded.  People were stopped in the aisle waiting for space to open up further back.  There was a young soldier, wearing fatigues, who was standing right next to us.  The guy in 1B asked the soldier what seat he was in.  The soldier replied and the 1B guy said "let's switch seats to thank you for your service".  I talked to the soldier a bit and he had never flown first class before.  Really nice gesture.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, dbancroft said:

Pretty good week here.. I got my first shot Thursday (finally) and we finally received our stimulus check today. Had repairs done to our 2004 ford escape and 2010 ford fusion so most of stimulus will pay that off.  Our new puppy is finally house broken if only we can control her biting.

Definitely a good week!

23 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

A good seat switching story.  I was already seated at the window in 1A (first class bump) and another guy was already on the aisle in 1B.  We were comfortably seated with a drink while the rest of the plane boarded.  People were stopped in the aisle waiting for space to open up further back.  There was a young soldier, wearing fatigues, who was standing right next to us.  The guy in 1B asked the soldier what seat he was in.  The soldier replied and the 1B guy said "let's switch seats to thank you for your service".  I talked to the soldier a bit and he had never flown first class before.  Really nice gesture.

Wow...great story...thanks for sharing.  And what a lovely thing that former seat mate did.  🙂  That is wonderful how the world has changed it's views about military service people.  

Bucky had the opposite reaction when he returned from 2 tours of Vietnam.  Happily reactions have been a positive change now for our  young military members.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 7

Just a thought to the biting puppy.

When puppies play, the only way their siblings know they are playing to rough is to make a horrible screech.  Then the puppy that is playing to hard will usually stop.  So, anytime your puppy touches you with his teeth, whether it hurts or not, squeal.  Do not spank him.  Most of my dogs will immediately begin licking you.  Which is the response you want.  Try it.  

Another thing that is really useful when dogs are doing something you don’t like, put 3 or 4 pennies is a metal container and shake it(I find aluminum bud light bottles work best with some duck tape keeping it closed.  If the behavior doesn’t stop (my dogs it was usually barking), the beer can tossed in their general direction will usually end the behavior instantly.  After a few times, all I have to do is reach for the bottle and jumping, barking out of control behavior ends.  

Just my personal suggestions after 60 years of insane terriers.  

Good luck, puppies are wonderful

• Like 5

10 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Being a Queens kid myself, I had friends who spent a good amount of the summer at Breezy Point beginning n the 1960s. Do you happen to know a family with the last name,Reilly?

The son and daughter’s names are Billy and Patti. 

This might be a small world story .

Hi MJSailors, I did not know that particular family, but they probably lived on a different "Walk" as the streets were/are called.  It was a great place to spend summers. My parents owned a bungalow for a few years, rented for another, and my grandparents lived there for many years. 

A lot of NYC firefighters and police officers live there. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Another thing that is really useful when dogs are doing something you don’t like, put 3 or 4 pennies is a metal container and shake it(I find aluminum bud light bottles work best with some duck tape keeping it closed.  If the behavior doesn’t stop (my dogs it was usually barking), the beer can tossed in their general direction will usually end the behavior instantly.  After a few times, all I have to do is reach for the bottle and jumping, barking out of control behavior ends.  

My step mom got a miniature schnauzer last year and about 8 months in learned of this.  Instantly stopped the bad behaviour. 

11 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Just a thought to the biting puppy.

When puppies play, the only way their siblings know they are playing to rough is to make a horrible screech.  Then the puppy that is playing to hard will usually stop.  So, anytime your puppy touches you with his teeth, whether it hurts or not, squeal.  Do not spank him.  Most of my dogs will immediately begin licking you.  Which is the response you want.  Try it.  

Just my personal suggestions after 60 years of insane terriers.  

Good luck, puppies are wonderful

Laura has started using a squirt bottle on Her Royal Highness.

I'll mention the pennies

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Renee.

Sending you both our very best wishes and hopefully Mike recovers quickly.

Maybe they wanted to do keyhole surgery and decided to do conventual surgery instead and needed a general anaesthetic.

My Late dad had 2 inguinal hernia operations with mesh put in.

Take care.

Graham & Pauline.

Thanks Graham. They did robotic surgery to put the mesh on.

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Please add mine and speedy recovery to Mike.

Thanks Bonnie.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

We had a lovely church service this morning and the organist played our National Anthem in memory of Prince Philip.

Afterwards we took some goodies through for our Sarah and stopped now to look at Azura docked at Newcastle.

It was bright sunshine 2 minutes ago and now it is snowing.

16181451459992070679807766973819.jpg

We have just drove along to the beach with some ice creams.

16181500237526029223766130452061.jpg

• Like 5

Plan for the day:

1. Go for a walk

2. Spend about an hour at the driving range pretending like I am improving my golf game.

3. Spend several hours in front of the television watching Sunday at the Masters.

Would love to see Will Zalatoris win today.  He's going to feel pressure like he never has in his young life.

• Like 1

Land Yacht fridge is packed again...waiting for departure.   Normally would right leave now, but big storms are coming in within an hour or two.  Will wait out the first round then head out.  Not fun setting up in a site or driving on the road in a thunderstorm!  😮

Nice thing about taking off with the motor home...everything is always packed and ready to go except for food and wine (most important to pack).  Pretty easy to do these two or three night ventures. 😉 

Spending a couple of days at the beach again at Port Canaveral.  

• Like 8

1 minute ago, island lady said:

Land Yacht fridge is packed again...waiting for departure.   Normally would right leave now, but big storms are coming in within an hour or two.  Will wait out the first round then head out.  Not fun setting up in a site or driving on the road in a thunderstorm!  😮

Nice thing about taking off with the motor home...everything is always packed and ready to go except for food and wine (most important to pack).  Pretty easy to do these two or three night ventures. 😉 

Spending a couple of days at the beach again at Port Canaveral.  

Sounds lovely Pat.

I hope the weather improves and you both have a safe and wonderful time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

Sounds lovely Pat.

I hope the weather improves and you both have a safe and wonderful time.

Thanks Graham.  I have my book packed if it is raining all day, plus lots of DVD movies we keep in there to play...and I tossed in some microwave popcorn. 

Could be a movie, popcorn, and wine afternoon.  😉 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

Thanks Graham.  I have my book packed if it is raining all day, plus lots of DVD movies we keep in there to play...and I tossed in some microwave popcorn. 

Could be a movie, popcorn, and wine afternoon.  😉 

🥂👍

Thank you for your reply, mets07. “Breezy” was/ is a very good place to relax in the Summertime.

I grew up in Forest Hills. My grandparents had a farm on Eastern Long Island. I spent many happy Summers there, learning to swim in Peconic Bay.

My DH and I moved from Queens to the “East End” 37 years ago. We enjoy being near the LI Sound and Peconic Bay with a community beach less than a three minute drive away.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, vettprincess said:

You actually went to the BIG Pebble Beach Concours d'elgance in LA? Envious.

Yes, we went in 2017. We flew to San Fran and drove to Monterey.  Our hotel was there and was base. 

If folks are interested I could post some pics from the 5 day whirlwind. It would included cars, golf courses and Alcatraz.  

Let me know what you all think. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Yes, we went in 2017. We flew to San Fran and drove to Monterey.  Our hotel was there and was base. 

If folks are interested I could post some pics from the 5 day whirlwind. It would included cars, golf courses and Alcatraz.  

Let me know what you all think. 

Alcatraz would be very interesting.

• Like 2