Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

We're sometimes seeing on TV a show called "Repo" -- about reposition of car when the loan was not paid, usually only a month or two behind the payments.... Scary.

There's a similar show about private airplanes being repossessed.  They need to find the plane, make sure that it can safely fly, and then take off from wherever the plane is...without anyone noticing.  It's one thing to back a tow truck up to a car and drive away.  It's a completely different thing to jump in a plane you've never seen before and fly away. 

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

There's a similar show about private airplanes being repossessed.  They need to find the plane, make sure that it can safely fly, and then take off from wherever the plane is...without anyone noticing.  It's one thing to back a tow truck up to a car and drive away.  It's a completely different thing to jump in a plane you've never seen before and fly away. 

Yes, so true.  I watched the repo plane show a couple of times.  They do get into some hairy situations.  

Never saw auto rep show in the US, but I had a girlfriend a couple years ago that was going thru a divorce and stayed with us for a bit.  She had a Jeep and would hide it in school parking lot every night around the corner from us knowing repo people were after her.  About 2 weeks of doing this they got her.  They gave her time to get personal belongings out and off it went.  It destroyed her credit. 

We have never financed a vehicle as I like to avoid monthly payments for anything when possible.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I have owned two Subaru's in the past, one Impreza and one Forester, and absolutely loved them.  When I no longer need a truck I will buy another Subaru without question.  They are the ultimate ski buggy. 🙂 

In Juneau Alaska it felt like 50% of the cars there were Subarus. A mom from Owen’s hockey team is now on her second one. She loves them. 

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

Lisa would be proud... I have an issue with this one. Working on 2 deals right now. 🤪

I haven’t kept a car more than 3 years. Hence why we decided to switch over to leasing for our new one, just need to increase the annual mileage allowance.

We tend to keep our cars about 8 years.  We have 2 and they are "offset" such that we buy a new one every 4 years.  I think our next car, in another 2-3 years, will be an electric.  We rarely drive more than 10 miles a day now.  Tesla should have better competition in 2-3 years, especially if we aren't concerned about how far we can travel on a charge (Tesla's big advantage right now).

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Love it!!!!!!!

Off to Lowe's, thanks for sharing.

You are most welcome! 

Not a fan of hanging towels on the fridge, dishwasher, or oven handles, (though I do use a cute decorative one on the oven handle as occasional hand towel when Bucky has taken over the regular one 😉 ).  

Indeed purchased that towel rack at Lowes.  🙂 

14 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I do the exact same thing at our built in bar in the basement.    Eric mounted it at unseen location behind the bar that works perfect with the sink next to it.   

Funny how the simple things can make your life easier.  😉 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have read that Centurion has begun re-opening up some of their airport lounges but most have limited hours.    We usually try to fly first class when the price isn't too crazy.    Years ago I was on a southwest flight from PHL to FLL and I was the one stuck in the middle seat with this really annoying lady next to me.    I swore I would never do that again.   

And don't you love the ones that lay claim to the whole arm rest and overhang towards you on both sides.  😮  

Middle seats:  The torture chamber of airlines, created by demons.  👿

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

They do have the best commercials.  I like one I just saw the other night where the dog family arrives at a park and see the no animals allowed sign.  They dad doggy in drivers seat proceeds to open windows to let the pups run around...too cute!

I love that commercial!  All of their Golden Retriever car commercials are soooo cute!  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Forgot to mention... the 36K was paid 5 years ago....😁

We tend to keep cars for 9-10 years.

I'm driving a 2012 Nissan Sentra.   Bought it new and is very dependable.  Large trunk for a small car. When it goes, we'll buy another one.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Coralc said:

Nice! Ours is the dark green with tan leather. I really wanted green. And that car manual pouch is about 4 inches thick. It is a good thing it has a big glove box. 

Yours probably didn't come with a turkey though. :classic_biggrin::classic_tongue::classic_biggrin:

Timmy on New Car.JPG

We have five turkeys roaming the neighborhood!  One actually flew away from the dog across the street.  We can hear them gobbling at night but don’t know where they are living😳

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, island lady said:

And don't you love the ones that lay claim to the whole arm rest and overhang towards you on both sides.  😮  

WE were flying home from a cruise, AMS to ATL, and we selected the Delta comfort seats. DW and I prefer aisle seats, right across the aisle.  If must have been a 777, since the outside row  is 3 abreast. Well , the young fellow who had the center seat , show up, and said he needed an aisle seat, so would i switch with him. Hell no.

Edited by mo&fran
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, mo&fran said:

WE were flying home from a cruise, AMS to ATL, and we selected the Delta comfort seats. DW and I prefer aisle seats, right across the aisle.  If must have been a 777, since the outside row  is 3 abreast. Well , the young fellow who had the center seat , show up, and said hw needed an aisle seat, so would i switch with him. Hell no.

Oh I have had that happen as well.  Don't want a middle seat?...don't book one.  😉 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, island lady said:

When DH and I fly Southwest, 3 seat row, he takes the aisle seat, I take the window seat. If the plane isn't full, the middle remains empty. 

One time on AA to CA from NY a lady sitting in the aisle seat got upset with me when I had to wake her up to get past her to use the restroom. She was not a small woman so it was difficult to climb over her legs. I offered to give her my window seat but she declined. When I returned to my row she had fallen back asleep!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

When DH and I fly Southwest, 3 seat row, he takes the aisle seat, I take the window seat. If the plane isn't full, the middle remains empty. 

One time on AA to CA from NY a lady sitting in the aisle seat got upset with me when I had to wake her up to get past her to use the restroom. She was not a small woman so it was difficult to climb over her legs. I offered to give her my window seat but she declined. When I returned to my row she had fallen back asleep!

We tried that many years ago, and at that time did happen to work often.  But as airlines reduced their flights, they started overbooking, making sure all seats were full.  

Before I got wise and starting booking aisle and aisle across from each other,  I had one obnoxious large man that was booked in the middle seat that took one look at me booked in the window seat and Bucky in the aisle and yelled at Bucky to "move over next to your wife"...which Bucky did, but shouldn't have.  Then like you...tough to get out to pee with him overfilling that aisle seat (which I have to do often).  He didn't want to move.  Ugg...

Never ever again middle seat.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, island lady said:

We tried that many years ago, and at that time did happen to work often.  But as airlines reduced their flights, they started overbooking, making sure all seats were full.  

Before I got wise and starting booking aisle and aisle across from each other,  I had one obnoxious large man that was booked in the middle seat that took one look at me booked in the window seat and Bucky in the aisle and yelled at Bucky to "move over next to your wife"...which Bucky did, but shouldn't have.  Then like you...tough to get out to pee with him overfilling that aisle seat (which I have to do often).  He didn't want to move.  Ugg...

Never ever again middle seat.  

Our farm manager and I used to fly to Alberta a couple times a year to go to cattle sales. We always booked the window and isle seat for the four our flight.

More often than not the middle seat remained empty. But this one time there was an older gent between us. We didn’t even get pushed 20’ back from the gateway and he was dropping the most deadly air biscuits we had ever smelt.🤢 It lasted for at least half the flight and thankfully decreased along the way. We never booked our seats that way again. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

We tend to keep our cars about 8 years.  We have 2 and they are "offset" such that we buy a new one every 4 years.  I think our next car, in another 2-3 years, will be an electric.  We rarely drive more than 10 miles a day now.  Tesla should have better competition in 2-3 years, especially if we aren't concerned about how far we can travel on a charge (Tesla's big advantage right now).

We also kept our cars for 8 years, but now since I am retired I have a Ford Fusion 2010 with 33k miles , so since getting a new car , drove about 2k per year. We also never do car trips we fly to any vacation spot. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Pool furniture went out today even thought the pool is not opened yet. It is a bit early but the weather today is 77F, feeling like 81F. Much warmer than normal but we will accept it. 

731B45C0-C178-4F8A-A47B-F9D4BF311F66.thumb.jpeg.948e52491fdd6e62163dcdc83697d276.jpeg

Beautiful yard and furniture. A balmy 42 today with clouds and some rain. Snow on Tues.

Flying: I hate it and white knuckle the whole way. 3.5 to 4 hrs just to get to a cruise in FL. 

And have picked up awful sickness from people around me on a plane.

We will be moved to FL by fall and drive to a port.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, island lady said:

That is what we have done now for years ....if we don't fly first class. 

I am tall with bad knees , I was against going first class for the extra money but now after flying first a couple of times we always book first or business class. 

• Like 3