Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Stupid question time. I got checked in for our cruise last night. When I saw the set sail passes I noticed they did not have a DX on them that designates the deluxe drink package. I went and looked at some old printed off set sail passes from previous cruises that did have DX on them. Anybody know why it wouldn’t be on there even though we have already purchased it? 

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Stupid question time. I got checked in for our cruise last night. When I saw the set sail passes I noticed they did not have a DX on them that designates the deluxe drink package. I went and looked at some old printed off set sail passes from previous cruises that did have DX on them. Anybody know why it wouldn’t be on there even though we have already purchased it? 

Check if there are any letters or numbers or just letters at the bar code. Celebrity passes usually have that coded there via capital letters, like CALL or PALL ( which denotes the Classic Liquor PKG and Premium Pkg) or something like that.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Check if there are any letters or numbers or just letters at the bar code. Celebrity passes usually have that coded there via capital letters, like CALL or PALL ( which denotes the Classic Liquor PKG and Premium Pkg) or something like that.

There wasn’t any letters by the barcode where I have normally seen it.

Not too worried as we did buy the DDP. I wonder when we can print out cruise documents 30 days out if it will be on the set sail pass then?

• Like 1

Not too worried as we did buy the DDP. I wonder when we can print out cruise documents 30 days out if it will be on the set sail pass then?

Call RC to verify or have your favorite TA (😉) you booked the cruise with ask RC about your BP no showing on your Setsail Pass. 

• Like 1

Check your pass on the app?
I have told by Royal's phone reps that the "app and website are not on the same page usually".
Take your confirmations of purchases with you, just in case.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes I agree. I don’t think I shared too much info. She did ask me if I liked taking a bath? I told her I was a shower guy. Should have never said that! 😁

Sorry about this fiasco, Greg!

• Like 1

Just booked the 2/8/2025 odyssey cruise out of Bayonne. We have been on the quantum 1 x and the anthem 3 x so familiar with the class.  Anything different from those of you who have cruised on the odyssey?  Shows worthwhile seeing?

so happy they have teppanyaki on this ship vs anthem and quantum.  

thanks!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, maggieq said:

Just booked the 2/8/2025 odyssey cruise out of Bayonne. We have been on the quantum 1 x and the anthem 3 x so familiar with the class.  Anything different from those of you who have cruised on the odyssey?  Shows worthwhile seeing?

so happy they have teppanyaki on this ship vs anthem and quantum.  

thanks!

Showgirls is worth seeing. It is divided into three parts. The first two parts don't do much for me but the third part makes the other two worth sitting through.

"The Book" in Two70 is visually very good but I have no idea what the storyline is. And the sound level is way too loud.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

The set sail pass for my cruise last month also did not have the DX on it to indicate I bought the drink package.  I did bring a print out of the email confirmation with me but never needed it. The bartenders would just ask for my deck & room number & I guess they could see it in their system?

The room key did indicate "Deluxe" under Beverage so it really only a potential issue for the first few hours aboard. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

The set sail pass for my cruise last month also did not have the DX on it to indicate I bought the drink package.  I did bring a print out of the email confirmation with me but never needed it. The bartenders would just ask for my deck & room number & I guess they could see it in their system?

The room key did indicate "Deluxe" under Beverage so it really only a potential issue for the first few hours aboard. 

Thats the only thing that may be an issue is that we have the Key and will order a cocktail with my lunch. I assume I can show him my set sail pass with the cabin number and they can look it up and confirm purchase. It’s just weird that I looked at some old printed out sail passes and they all had DX on them.

On 9/2/2024 at 6:36 AM, Tree_skier said:

Do you remember if they had a surf and turf on the lunch menu?  

18 days to go 🙂 

@Tree_skier I'm so sorry Dave, I didn't reply to you sooner.  Took a few days off from CC.

No, I am most certain surf 'n turf was not on the lunch menu.  However, I do see it on the current dinner menu.  

I love the Navigator, have a fantastic cruise!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Back home in Dallas area, kittens didn’t cause any damage, but they do like shredding napkins into tiny pieces and we left napkin holder on table , funny thing is the shredder napkins will always be in a neat pile 😁😁, they have forgiven us for our absence.

image.thumb.jpeg.6dc7b810db8bd358659f4892f6bc749b.jpeg

• Like 20

32 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Two weeks from today is Season 47 of Survivor.I just read the bio of each cast member .Some very interesting ones.

We'll be on a cruise. All set up to record. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, George C said:

Back home in Dallas area, kittens didn’t cause any damage, but they do like shredding napkins into tiny pieces and we left napkin holder on table , funny thing is the shredder napkins will always be in a neat pile 😁😁, they have forgiven us for our absence.

image.thumb.jpeg.6dc7b810db8bd358659f4892f6bc749b.jpeg

They are so adorable.  

• Like 2

I win for seeing the most pier runners of the day. Ok, they aren't actually running. All aboard was 10 minutes ago. Not sure what happened. It must have been a tour with at least 4 bus loads of people.

20240904_183402.thumb.jpg.060f429b605f38dafae219e100b5d0cf.jpg

• Like 10