Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

21 hours ago, Cracker55 said:

There is a Strawberry Festival in Plant City Florida annually in March. They have a fair as well. 

I wasn’t aware of that. I’ll have to put it in my calendar for next year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Dana is crazy funny.

Our friend used to see Ross Perot at a small barber shop in Dallas, Preston and Royal area.  Very personable guy.  Actually both our friend and Ross are (were).😃

I worked for Bank of America regional office a few short blocks from Ross's Plano EDS headquarters.  It was Ross who had the vision to move his business up to Plano when there was hardly anything there but farmland.  

He was definitely a people person at one Christmas party he stood by the door and shook hands with everyone and during the party he talked to everyone. When my friend from New York was visiting my wife arranged us to see his private museum which was next to his office, we were only people there and he came out and talked to us for almost the entire time we were there explaining different things , also he was a super patriot gave millions and millions to veterans.

Edited by George C

21 minutes ago, George C said:

He was definitely a people person at one Christmas party he stood by the door and shook hands with everyone and during the party he talked to everyone. When my friend from New York was visiting my wife arranged us to see his private museum which was next to his office, we were only people there and he came out and talked to us for almost the entire time we were there explaining different things , also he was a super patriot gave millions and millions to veterans.

We once spent many hours in the Perot Museum of Nature and Science in

Dallas.  To say it was awesome would be an understatement.  We took our grandson and he said it was the best day of his vacation. We were sad leaving and it will be top on our list when he visits again. 

And BTW, we were in Costco today.  Fully vaxxed folks can shop without masks.  I would say more than 50% wore masks.  It was the first time for us in a store without having to wear masks except for restaurants.  It was liberating and felt like there really is a light at the end of a dark long tunnel.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Cracker55 said:

Blowing Rocks, unlike Florida sandy beaches, is a outcrop of limestone rocks. Here are a few pictures.  Just North of Jupiter. 

B13E4588-A1E6-4C39-BEAF-CDC865134D4B.jpeg

58D9B7E3-91AF-4901-A3D0-2CFB1F79A947.jpeg

A3FC2914-21C4-4C7F-99BD-F04C92FC6051.jpeg

4612DDA2-C7F6-46F0-B952-E2004A19D874.jpeg

53A7A2B3-6FA2-4BC0-BEB0-C27DCEDE073E.jpeg

F2A675B4-79A2-4177-9438-9D591C64A29E.jpeg

Wow! I’ve lived in Florida since I was 3 months old and never heard about Blowing Rocks!

There are outcropping of rocks all over the beach at Washington Oaks State Park in Flagler County, but nothing like this! I’m amazed!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cracker55 said:

I’m pretty sure, after reading multiple pages, our activities today are welcome here. 

Today was my granddaughters dance recital. It was held in the local high school auditorium. I’d note, the auditorium was packed with family and friends. Glad we had our tickets ahead of time. 

Here are some pictures of my granddaughter and family. She actually won an award for best tap in her age group. 

EF69577A-FF58-488D-B91B-59333F0AE147.jpeg

076E6FC4-F688-4566-89D2-C7A0968048FD.jpeg

A520F400-D460-4AB0-8B67-AC9D636E95F0.jpeg

I love the little ones at recitals, and it’s great to see your granddaughter’s teacher is old school with the girls’ hair in buns. I sure miss those days. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Equally ridiculous. Are those public parking garages or hospital garages?

My wife worked for a hospital in a very high crime area .The parking garage was indoors and owned by a private company .My wife,an RN and the doctors had no choice .They had a monthly pass with a reduced rate.I have  relatives who are/were RN’s in different hospitals as well as a niece who is an MD in a different hospital and the same applies.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cracker55 said:

I’m pretty sure, after reading multiple pages, our activities today are welcome here. 

Today was my granddaughters dance recital. It was held in the local high school auditorium. I’d note, the auditorium was packed with family and friends. Glad we had our tickets ahead of time. 

Here are some pictures of my granddaughter and family. She actually won an award for best tap in her age group. 

EF69577A-FF58-488D-B91B-59333F0AE147.jpeg

076E6FC4-F688-4566-89D2-C7A0968048FD.jpeg

A520F400-D460-4AB0-8B67-AC9D636E95F0.jpeg

Sweet!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

We once spent many hours in the Perot Museum of Nature and Science in

Dallas.  To say it was awesome would be an understatement.  We took our grandson and he said it was the best day of his vacation. We were sad leaving and it will be top on our list when he visits again. 

And BTW, we were in Costco today.  Fully vaxxed folks can shop without masks.  I would say more than 50% wore masks.  It was the first time for us in a store without having to wear masks except for restaurants.  It was liberating and felt like there really is a light at the end of a dark long tunnel.

When Perot museum was about to open , her company had there annual Christmas party there , we had the whole museum, I agree very cool . Almost every place we go to now are mask optional, most restaurants still have staff masked but not all. 

2 hours ago, George C said:

When Perot museum was about to open , her company had there annual Christmas party there , we had the whole museum, I agree very cool . Almost every place we go to now are mask optional, most restaurants still have staff masked but not all. 

Yes, all employees wear masks that I've seen.  Some below their noses. 👃

We were in Central Market before our Costco run and I was so happy their soup bar had  finally re-opened.   

Edited by BonTexasNY

7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

That is so ridiculous. 

I agree.

One of my niece's was a nurse on accident and emergency and she always complained of the cost of her permit to park at the hospital.

A lot of the hospital's have private companies operating the car parks and your car registration is recorded when entering the car park and again when leaving.

Sometimes the car parks are full but you do get a 20 minute free  period to find a space or leave the car park before you get a fixed penalty for not paying a fee.

On 6/9/2021 at 9:35 PM, dani negreanu said:

Welcome back, glad you managed to "squeeze" a visit to your mom.

I keep reading that UK has trouble getting back on track, what with the Indian version spreading like fire, and my fingers are crossed that the rate of vaccinations will speed up.

Thanks Dani - the visit was to visit Mum and Dad.  It was nice that my sister and her partner came down for an overnight too.  My sister had had her 2nd jab two weeks ago so felt OK about visiting.  We even went out for supper.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Cracker55 said:

You know, the Aruba Natural Bridge collapsed in 2005. Glad nobody was on her at the time of collapse. 

We have visited the Natural Bridge in Aruba several times and yes, you are right, very lucky the collapse of one section occurred early morning before anyone was there.   

• Like 2

10 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My wife worked for a hospital in a very high crime area .The parking garage was indoors and owned by a private company .My wife,an RN and the doctors had no choice .They had a monthly pass with a reduced rate.I have  relatives who are/were RN’s in different hospitals as well as a niece who is an MD in a different hospital and the same applies.

I know the workers at Penn Medicine have to pay to park too.    I agree with Ocean Boy, that is ridiculous.

• Like 1

Last night we had a nice dinner at the Spray Beach Inn with live music at their outdoor beach bar/restaurant which was wonderful food.    We have gone here for 25+ years and always enjoy the atmosphere and the food.   It's right down the block from our shore house so easy to walk and not worry about driving home after drinking. 

After Happy Hour and Dinner, we went to Surfflight Theater for comedy night with my Brother and his wife.    They had 2 comedians that do shows on cruise ships (Royal and Norwegian were both mentioned).      I never heard of them, but maybe someone on here has:

Billy Garan and Joe Bronzi

Non Stop laughter for 2+ hours.     

It is so great to be out and enjoying life again!

• Like 6