Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Speaking of which we were walking OWD on a leash, and he had peed on everything so much so that no pee was coming out, and after the second of those stops after I noticed that nothing was emitting, I called him a knucklehead and made him start walking. DW, where did you get that expression?  I replied 3 Stooges.  I realize most of the important things I learned in my life, came from the Stooges, Bugs Bunny and Rocky and Bullwinkle.  Men are pretty simple.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Speaking of which we were walking OWD on a leash, and he had peed on everything so much so that no pee was coming out, and after the second of those stops after I noticed that nothing was emitting, I called him a knucklehead and made him start walking. DW, where did you get that expression?  I replied 3 Stooges.  I realize most of the important things I learned in my life, came from the Stooges, Bugs Bunny and Rocky and Bullwinkle.  Men are pretty simple.

And reading Mad Magazine (well for me)!!!!!

• Like 4

We went miniature golfing last night after dinner, I lost this time so I had to make the mojitos for my brother and his wife and Eric.     then we watched the new mission impossible movie #7 I think it is.   Pretty much the same as the others.    Tom Cruise gets on my nerves so I was reading while partially watching the movie with everyone. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We went miniature golfing last night after dinner, I lost this time so I had to make the mojitos for my brother and his wife and Eric.     then we watched the new mission impossible movie #7 I think it is.   Pretty much the same as the others.    Tom Cruise gets on my nerves so I was reading while partially watching the movie with everyone. 

Only time we ever play miniature golf is on RCCL , normally that’s the only place we drink mojitos also. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I suck at miniature golf............windmills, alligator mouths and loop-de-loops are my down fall. Maybe the ships course is easier???? Listen for "FORE" - it's probably me!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

that is a shame as it is a beautiful island.   maybe someday if you do a cruise out of Bayonne you can drive down to LBI (about 1.5 hr ride) and stay at one of the beautiful hotels/resorts on the beach.  

I second this opinion . I never stayed on the island but in the early 70’s my wife and I used to drive along the Jersey Shore and stop in various towns and walk around.We have friends who have a residence on LBI.

We met them on a cruise about 8 years ago and took several more cruises with them.

34 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Cruisewizard (Gary and Mary)

We may be joining you on the Edge for one sailing in July. Haven't decided if we want to go eastern or western caribbean.

Better book soon.............rumor has it that capacity limits are getting close on some of the early ones!!!!

I hope that you can make it.................the 6/26 will be very special as the first US port sailing!!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

that is a shame as it is a beautiful island.   maybe someday if you do a cruise out of Bayonne you can drive down to LBI (about 1.5 hr ride) and stay at one of the beautiful hotels/resorts on the beach.  

Sounds heavenly.  My ex son in law has a house in Avon-By-Sea.  Only our grandkids are invited.😏

@grapau27, @BonTexasNY,

Graham,

I truly admire your patience.

We all know that nothing "the state" gives us is "free" -- we have no choice but to contribute to the "freeness".... whether it is income tax, social security tax, sales tax, VAT -- you name it.

After paying all those taxes our entire life, we are at the point of even not being "aware" of it 😉

Some "states" give back more, some less, some -- not at all. It is what it is.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, George C said:

I really never liked him until he played the former president in Saturday night live but I guess that depends on your political leanings.

All SNL impersonations are usually spot on.  Two favorites are Melissa McCarthy as Sean Spicer and Maya Rudolph as Beyonce.  Of course Tina Fey as Sara Palin was amazingly real.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

All SNL impersonations are usually spot on.  Two favorites are Melissa McCarthy as Sean Spicer and Maya Rudolph as Beyonce.  Of course Tina Fey as Sara Palin was amazingly real.

One sort of politician that really had a sense of humor was Ross Perot he had Dana Carvey do his impression at a birthday party , also in his private museum he had those bits playing, my wife works for a Perot family business so I was able to meet him a couple of times. 

Edited by George C

You never know what you will see when out for a morning walk.  This is a 1939 Bantam Hollywood. 

36BE3AB9-16A0-4A8E-83B0-583FA2949FE2.thumb.jpeg.66a8b96aebdd8f25e1e45c72261615ab.jpeg

The Bantam was made not far from us, in Butler, Pennsylvania.  Anyone know what vehicle they designed for the Army?   The Jeep.  They won the contract and in seven weeks time developed the prototype for the army to test. Since they couldn’t meet the production demands of 75/day, the army gave the blueprints to Ford and Willys to build them.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Mad Magazine was the “bible” for those of us of a certain age.

I have my SIL my stack of old ones when we downsized. I hope he gets as much enjoyment out of them that I did. 
 I read Mad for decades, not just years. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

We have had a lazy day today.

We have been for a walk along the beach promenade and have been sitting here for hours looking at the sea.

16235132028861806417820068923649.jpg

IMG_20210612_150557.jpg

You live in such a beautiful area. We live 15 minutes from our beach which is about 20 miles long. It’s lined with condos, a few hotels, a very few restaurants, and at the southern end, huge homes you can only catch glimpses of through the trees and shrubs. 
There are beach access points, but nowhere along that strip to get a broad view of the ocean and sand. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I have my SIL my stack of old ones when we downsized. I hope he gets as much enjoyment out of them that I did. 
 I read Mad for decades, not just years. 

I did not read it for decades .I probably began when I was old enough to buy one till just before entering college.