Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 7/22/2021 at 5:44 PM, Ozark_Kid said:

Is there any other type of oil? 😊 A while ago I found a spice website called spices inc.  Besides regular spice they sell specialty mixes.  Probably my favorite is called Tuscany Bread Dipping Seasoning.  Sprinkle that in the EVO and then dip the baguette.  So good.

I have had that!!  Indeed Yum!!  My favorite spice to have with dipping oil!  🙂 

11 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

The kids asked for seafood pasta, and DH was more than happy to oblige....

Sea food.jpg

Sea food1.jpg

He added a cold cucumber soup, which was received "coldly" [I thought it was excellent].

Cucumber soup.jpg

My chocolate soufle was a hit 😉

soufle.jpg

Definitely amazing.  What type of sea food did he use?  I see mussels, crab leg, shrimp, some kind of white fish and maybe octopus?  Very impressive.  Your DH may be a keeper. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Sea food.jpg

Sea food1.jpg

He added a cold cucumber soup, which was received "coldly" [I thought it was excellent].

Cucumber soup.jpg

soufle.jpg

Looks amazing.   You can tell he loves to cook and cooks with love!

I love chilled soups, never had cucumber soup will have to try that, especially since I have a bunch of homegrown cucumbers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Looks like a seafood feast.  And the soufflé looks delicious too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, George C said:

For those traveling and staying in hotels, most hotels including all Hilton’s have a new policy they will not clean your room if you are there multiple nights unless you request that they make up room. 

We had that as well with the Hilton in CA a few months ago.  Didn't bother me.  I wave off any offers of housekeeping at our VRBO rentals as well.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

@JimboI would love to live in a place like that, but it gets to cold for me. What are the mosquitoes like? They absolutely love me. 😡

We used to live in NJ and winter's could sometimes be pretty bad there for sure and there were lots of mosquitoes there.

Granted we only been here in Virginia for one winter. When we first got here in January we had 2 winter events right off the bat. First about 4 or 5 inches of snow, but it pretty much all melted away the next day. Asked the neighbors about getting that much snow at one time and they said it is very rare.

Next event was ice storms(had a couple nights like that), really wasn't that cold out but for some reason everything got coated with ice. Weather people had a name for it but can't remember it now. kind of a freakish thing. Talked to the neighbors again and said this is what we sometimes get, rather then snow. But it melted away pretty quick too when the sun came out the next morning.

Really the cold weather here is nothing, it's a much more pleasant  dry cold here then in NJ where it's a damp cold. Where we live in Draper, Va. we are about 2300 ft above sea level. So really it's not super high or anything.

As for mosquitoes, we actually had our first fire last night in the fire pit and my wife mentioned it's crazy here because since we have been here she only saw one mosquitoes the entire 7 months we have been here.

My guess and this is only a guess, a few people around us have Martin Bird Houses and they are eating any mosquitoes there might be around us.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Sea food.jpg

Sea food1.jpg

Cucumber soup.jpg

soufle.jpg

Double yum!!  🙂 

• Thanks 1

It's transfer day!  Got all of our laundry done yesterday, plus a lot of packing.  Now just the last Hummingbird feeder to empty and stash in the "big blue bird box".   Already the Finches are having a hissy fit the Sunflower feeder is missing...until they find the pile I left them on the ground.  😉 

Luckily it is a beautiful weather day, have to be out of here by 10 am.  Visiting our previous campground host we used to stay with the last 15 years.  He had a mild stroke, and wanted to stop by to check on him.  He insisted we stop by before we leave.  

Then hitting the road north bound with all of our "precious stuff", including the bird feeders, and now two large flower pots.  😮  Good thing they upgraded our SUV for a larger one...needed it!!  

Moose cabin on the lake...here we come!  🦌

• Like 6

Oh...and just a heads up.  There is no WIFI offered at the Moose cabin, so I will be relying on my phone, assuming I have any signal at all.  😮  Four weeks without instant WIFI hook up!  😞  Oh well, this was a sub from the cottage I had originally booked for this time, that was pulled out from under us at the last minute by the owner.  (really crappy deal on that one).  So I am taking what I could find, which was tough finding any selection for a 4 week stay in the middle of the summer season booking that late!  

Did call AT&T, since the Canada towers will end up grabbing my signal up there (12 miles from Canadian border).  The rep told me my plan included Canada and Mexico...so I am good to go...if I can access a signal!  

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

It's transfer day!  Got all of our laundry done yesterday, plus a lot of packing.  Now just the last Hummingbird feeder to empty and stash in the "big blue bird box".   Already the Finches are having a hissy fit the Sunflower feeder is missing...until they find the pile I left them on the ground.  😉 

Luckily it is a beautiful weather day, have to be out of here by 10 am.  Visiting our previous campground host we used to stay with the last 15 years.  He had a mild stroke, and wanted to stop by to check on him.  He insisted we stop by before we leave.  

Then hitting the road north bound with all of our "precious stuff", including the bird feeders, and now two large flower pots.  😮  Good thing they upgraded our SUV for a larger one...needed it!!  

Moose cabin on the lake...here we come!  🦌

Looking forward to pics of this one!

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

Oh...and just a heads up.  There is no WIFI offered at the Moose cabin, so I will be relying on my phone, assuming I have any signal at all.  😮  Four weeks without instant WIFI hook up!  😞  Oh well, this was a sub from the cottage I had originally booked for this time, that was pulled out from under us at the last minute by the owner.  (really crappy deal on that one).  So I am taking what I could find, which was tough finding any selection for a 4 week stay in the middle of the summer season booking that late!  

Did call AT&T, since the Canada towers will end up grabbing my signal up there (12 miles from Canadian border).  The rep told me my plan included Canada and Mexico...so I am good to go...if I can access a signal!  

What will we all do if we can't hear from you for 4 weeks?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, island lady said:

Thanks, at least we will know that you didn't lose playing Monopoly.

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Sea food.jpg

Sea food1.jpg

Cucumber soup.jpg

soufle.jpg

Just when I think I've seen your/husband's most delicious dishes, that cannot be topped,  you post this amazing dinner.  I know quite a few of us in here would love to join in on that dinner.

@island lady Waiting for the next installment with great anticipation.

@lenquixote66Happy Birthday, Lenny.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I like when they light the cauldron and when they put it out. I tend to enjoy watching the winter Olympics better than summer.

I like watching skiing, figure skating, swimming and gymnastics so I love both Winter and Summer Olympics.  Lighting the caulderon is emotional.  To me, putting out the flame means it's sadly ending

12 hours ago, mets07 said:

Hi all, two photos taken this evening from Piermont, New York. 

Happy weekend to all.

20210723_205256.jpg

20210723_205526.jpg

Yes!!!!!  I remember it well.  

10 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

In 1996 the Torch went through Minneapolis/St. Paul. It was 1 block from our house. We walked the to the Parkway about an hour before it was scheduled to pass by. Already super crowded. The cheering and clapping was thunderous. It was thrilling!

My cousin was in the Sydney and Athens Olympics. She was a high diver. (She did not win.)

Wow.  Impressive on the torch being passed and your cousin's accomplishments. She won just by being there.

10 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

@Bailey & Sophie Making it to the Olympics is still a very big accomplishment. She must have had a blast apart from all the training.

I totally agree.

• Like 4

We were on our way to the Erie Zoo this morning, when we saw someone at a traffic light with a sign that said “Best friend stole wife. Need $ for a nice card”. 

Just wonder if it was a thank you card?😂😂

On our way in now.  Two grandsons here. 

AF880088-1643-4541-9DBD-55EC097FCC64.thumb.jpeg.575a226a894a5f0c53653bb41381c7f3.jpeg

• Like 10