Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

I've only been to Bermuda twice, both times sailing out of Cape Liberty around Memorial Day on a 9 day cruise. I remember sail away being gray and chilly enough to need long pants and jackets but by the time we got to Bermuda, sunny and warm. I was okay with the water temp but a few others felt it was a bit on the cool side.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I like Anthem but do not like the location of Chops or the Schooner bar - no view is no fun.   

I, too, enjoy the outdoor eating area on the Radiance Class and Quantum class.    Seems like few know about it on the Quantum class.    

I didn't see any outdoor area on Odyssey.

Many,many years ago one of my cousins was a member of a band that eventually became Blood Sweat and Tears.In the belief that the band would never go anywhere my cousin started his own band and their first booking was at the Princess Hotel in Bermuda.He spoke to us,his relatives of the pink sand .That was the primary reason for my wife and I going there 50 plus years ago.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

We were docked in Hamilton on Celebrity Horizon for 3.5 days. It was great.

When we were young and healthy we would go late at night to an upstairs club on Front Street directly across from where the ship docked.Crew members told us that was the place to go in Bermuda for beverages and non cigarette smoking.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I've only been to Bermuda twice, both times sailing out of Cape Liberty around Memorial Day on a 9 day cruise. I remember sail away being gray and chilly enough to need long pants and jackets but by the time we got to Bermuda, sunny and warm. I was okay with the water temp but a few others felt it was a bit on the cool side.

We did Bermuda a few times on smaller HAL ships, I love that they docked in Hamilton. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I didn't see any outdoor area on Odyssey.

I think the "ultra" class Quantum ships lost their outdoor WJ dining.  Not sure what took it's place but I remember reading about it somewhere here on CC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, HBE4 said:

I think the "ultra" class Quantum ships lost their outdoor WJ dining.  Not sure what took it's place but I remember reading about it somewhere here on CC.

Thanks. I don't usually not find places like that on a ship and I don't want to go on a hunt for something that doesn't exist.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I ended up booking the same MTD time every night, and spoke to them the first night about having the same table and same waiters each night.

Mark, Thanks for this.  It didn't occur to me to ask, but I will next time.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, taznremmy said:

I just came off the Eclipse this morning, after a 7 night  Pacific Coastal.  Absolutely loved the itinerary and wish they would do more of these.

To be honest, I was somewhat disappointed in my overall experience. 

My Time Dining: What is the point of having a reservation if you have to stand in line for 15 minutes every night.  Plus you are at a different table every night with different servers.

The biggest plus was the crew,  As always, the crew was very engaging and friendly.  Ship itself could use some paint. The wifi was a disappointment, but was told that even though the ship has Starlink, the ship itself isn't set up to handle it.  That is being updated in the next couple of weeks.  I'm sure the only reason we received this accurate response is that my traveling friend used to be an IT manager, and they knew they couldn't blow smoke.

All in all, not my favorite cruise, but any cruise is better than staying home! 🙂

Weren’t you on my Pacific Coastal cruise Radiance of the Seas 9/29-10/7 Vancouver to San Diego ? If so you must really like the west coast or you must reside in southern CA because you did mention Temecula, once . 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Arzeena said:

@sgmn

Hi Sue,

I asked J if he was doing some sort of Live, a review or log on the World Cruise on some platform. He said that he was still figuring it out and does not know yet. I told him to send me the info of wherever he does that.

All I will say is what a major loss to us Cruise Critic readers. That vlog (when he does it) belongs HERE!!!!!!!

Thank you so much. I've never met him,  though I feel I have through his great reviews and posts over the years. 

I do totally agree his blog belongs here on CC. I don't do fb but if that's where his review is I may have to join  .

The WC is going to so many amazing destinations, I can't wait to hear all about it

• Like 3

On 10/22/2023 at 9:00 PM, Luckynana said:

I have been meaning to post an update on Ryan for some time now.  Last year when Ryan was diagnosed and was in the ICU for 3 days, he was a frightened little kid who only weighed around 78 pounds, and was around 5ft. 4 inches, and was just about to start 8th Grade.  Today, Ryan weighs 125 pounds and has grown to be 5 ft. 7 iinches.  It was amazing how quickly he began to put weight on, once he was put on insulin.

At Ryan's school where he began his 8th Grade, he and my daughter were very fortunate that he had a wonderful and informative nurse at his school, who not only did an outstanding job, but she also gave my daughter her personal phone number if she had any questions, since this was so new (and frightening) for her.  The school Principal also had a daughter with T1 Diabetes, and was also very kind and helpful.  

Ryan has flourished in this past year!  His best friend was on the school Wrestling team;  Ryan wanted to join, and did so, and is doing quite well, if I do say so myself!   He goes to the gym with his friend and has been lifting weights for months now.  He's got some muscles now (and likes to show them off to us..lol)  He is in his second year with the High School Marching Band, and this year he's playing the Saxophone, as opposed to playing the Clarinet last year.  Okay, enough of my bragging!

I just so love all of you for all of the support and love that you all provide, that we all provide for each other, and I can't thank you enough!  💕

This is such great news, well done Ryan. Little ones can be very tough and resilient.

As a grandma with a grandson with multiple allergies and other aliments who always seems to be in and out of hospital it is heartening to  read such a positive outcome 👍 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, sgmn said:

This is such great news, well done Ryan. Little ones can be very tough and resilient.

As a grandma with a grandson with multiple allergies and other aliments who always seems to be in and out of hospital it is heartening to  read such a positive outcome 👍 

You might like Dr Leo Galland's book (pretty old) Superimmunity for Kids. A friend of mine was able to help her grandson a great deal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sending hugs to April in the Carolinas. 🥰
I agree with you there but will not jump into that conversation with said member. I take it as them  a "bad hair day" 😁

For those curious, April got her head bitten off, surprisingly by cruising family members. 😉

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Sending hugs to April in the Carolinas. 🥰
I agree with you there but will not jump into that conversation with said member. I take it as them  a "bad hair day" 😁

For those curious, April got her head bitten off, surprisingly by cruising family members. 😉

Thanks, out of respect for Greg held my tongue but it was tough. Not the time and place for that.  And would rather leave it at that here as well. 

Edited by akcruz
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

We might have been freed of the scourge. All their threads are gone, and when I checked, so are all their posts. 

IMG_3211.thumb.png.76f79b00b61d8210e878eaeb635d78f8.png

Maybe not.  I saw a post from him an hour ago on the “Swingers” thread.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

When we were young and healthy we would go late at night to an upstairs club on Front Street directly across from where the ship docked.Crew members told us that was the place to go in Bermuda for beverages and non cigarette smoking.

I think I know the bar.  Was it on a corner?