CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

3 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Are you lot still going on about email addresses... 

Oh, by the way, both my refunds were back on the card today!!!! 

Swiftly followed by a message from P&O saying we will receive a cheque within 7 days... 

Very pleased, but the incompetence is astounding... 

Andy 

Andy I am so pleased for you and Michelle , thank goodness you got your refund and selbourne puts in words exactly what many of us think of you , hope there's money left in the pot for my two cruises 😂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Andy I am so pleased for you and Michelle , thank goodness you got your refund and selbourne puts in words exactly what many of us think of you , hope there's money left in the pot for my two cruises 😂

Thank you Purdey. 

Hopefully they are on a roll and you will get yours soon. 

Andy 

• Like 1

To clear this up, and hopefully end all discussion on the subject, any email address that is not freely visible on the company public website is not permitted to be posted here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Andy - glad you finally got your money back.

Can you remind me - did you book direct or with a TA ? I seem to remember that it was a TA , and that you weren't impressed with their recent support.

I'm currently at 58 days - phone call due next week I think.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

Summed up perfectly Selborne. 

Being made to feel like a mug because you don't shout is not a nice feeling and it has soured my feelings towards them, but I have always been aware that P&O are far from perfect, especially as far as customer service is concerned. 

I will never say never as the main reason for sailing with them is value for money and we have had many great cruises, but it has made me re think how we will cruise in the future, with possibly less holidays but better quality. 

Then again, I will probably see 7 nights on Iona for £350 and won't be able to resist... I wish I had more willpower 😊

Andy 

I followed this group before I realised it was for P&O UK, enticed by the group name.... It's been very useful reading all the posts. I'm in the  refund queue (I think) for a Cunard April 12 cruise ex Sydney, cancelled by Cunard March 31. Similar problems here, questioning whether to ever book Cunard again. We haven't done many cruises, mostly Holland America, some P&O Australia. From what I've read on other cruisecritic/social media groups, most cruise lines are dragging their heels with refunds, answering emails/phones. Very frustrated cruisers saying they'll never book their favourite cruise line again. 

But as you say Andy, when you see a bargain, without much thought, it's booked...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Host Sharon said:

To clear this up, and hopefully end all discussion on the subject, any email address that is not freely visible on the company public website is not permitted to be posted here.

What is the Company public web site?

1 hour ago, Host Sharon said:

I don’t think there are ANY email addresses which are freely visible on the company public website. So that means no email addresses are allowed on here. 

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

Andy - glad you finally got your money back.

Can you remind me - did you book direct or with a TA ? I seem to remember that it was a TA , and that you weren't impressed with their recent support.

I'm currently at 58 days - phone call due next week I think.

We had both, one was with a ta, one direct. 

The ta would not help at all and p&o told us to deal with the ta... 

Anyway, all sorted now. 

Andy 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Anyway, all sorted now. 

Andy 

Thanks - just wondering if my refund will be on the cc, or by cheque, if it ever comes at all!

53 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Thanks - just wondering if my refund will be on the cc, or by cheque, if it ever comes at all!

If you used a TA, then P&O won't have your details.  I was told I was getting a cheque, but then someone contacted me and asked for my bank details, so I got it by BACS

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

Anyway, all sorted now. 

Andy 

Andy, I have assumed in the past that you used the same centre of England on-line TA that we use.  We also found they were slow to provide us with confirmations of the cruise transfer that we did rather than take a refund.  However later on it transpired that the entire delay had been at the P&O end, despite the best efforts of the TA.  Similarly have I not read that P&O decided that all refunds would be handled by them, rather than by the TA, so its not surprising that you got  little help from them.

6 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

If you used a TA, then P&O won't have your details.  I was told I was getting a cheque, but then someone contacted me and asked for my bank details, so I got it by BACS

Well, although I used a TA, the credit card was actually debited to P&O, so in theory they could have my cc details.

Now that the email thing is sorted(thanks Sharon), would it be possible for those who are Successful in getting Refunds to post the Date of the Cruise the Refund is for, may give us hope or despair, depending on when our cruise was, Thank you in anticipation.

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Well, although I used a TA, the credit card was actually debited to P&O, so in theory they could have my cc details.

Then they should have your details and be able to do it that way.  Hope you get it soon.

17 minutes ago, TOM CRUIZES said:

Now that the email thing is sorted(thanks Sharon), would it be possible for those who are Successful in getting Refunds to post the Date of the Cruise the Refund is for, may give us hope or despair, depending on when our cruise was, Thank you in anticipation.

Tom, my cruise was 26th April Arcadia.  We cancelled over the phone on 12th March due to being over 70.  I waited 69 days.

1 hour ago, TOM CRUIZES said:

Tom.

Our cruise was Azura TA 20-3-20

Cancelled on 13-3-20 with P&O and TA through Health issues.

Refunded on 18-5-20 = 66 days.

Deposit refunded 22-5-20 = 70 days.

Regards Graham.

Edited by grapau27

10 hours ago, mercury7289 said:

What is the Company public web site?

Companies have public websites. Those are the ones that the public can see. Many also have private websites, often referred to as intranet etc. Those are ones that are not accessible to Joe Public. Not too hard is it?.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Then they should have your details and be able to do it that way.  Hope you get it soon.

Our TA took our money but we purchased prepaid flight seats on P&O cruise personeliser with our credit card and P&O refunded this back to our credit card on 18-3-20 so they had our cc details.

Strange they originally said cheque then wanted bank details for Bacs.

Edited by grapau27

42 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Our TA took our money but we purchased prepaid flight seats on P&O cruise personeliser with our credit card and P&O refunded this back to our credit card on 18-3-20 so they had our cc details.

Strange they originally said cheque then wanted bank details for Bacs.

Thanks all for the replies, our cruise was Azura 19th April, which was cancelled by P&O, so requested a Refund which was done by TA on 3rd April, so who knows how long it will take for Refund to come through, 64 days and counting.