CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

2 minutes ago, TOM CRUIZES said:

Thanks all for the replies, our cruise was Azura 19th April, which was cancelled by P&O, so requested a Refund which was done by TA on 3rd April, so who knows how long it will take for Refund to come through, 64 days and counting.

2 minutes ago, TOM CRUIZES said:

Thanks all for the replies, our cruise was Azura 19th April, which was cancelled by P&O, so requested a Refund which was done by TA on 3rd April, so who knows how long it will take for Refund to come through, 64 days and counting.

Tom, I make that 53 days from the time you asked for a refund, which is when the clock starts ticking.

1 minute ago, TOM CRUIZES said:

My experience was if you do nothing then you hear nothing.

Ring the 0800 number and press 1 for booked direct otherwise if you press 2 they fob you off to your TA.

Ask to be escalated and send regular emails especially after 60 days as that was Paul Ludlow target for refunds.

57 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Companies have public websites. Those are the ones that the public can see. Many also have private websites, often referred to as intranet etc. Those are ones that are not accessible to Joe Public. Not too hard is it?.

You have completely missed the point!

Sharon referred to the Company public web sites so for clarity, I asked which ones they were

Got It!!

And who's Joe Public!

Edited by mercury7289
correction

3 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Tom, I make that 53 days from the time you asked for a refund, which is when the clock starts ticking.

That is correct just checking that everyone was awake😉, we did ring last week and received a call back, usual explanation and excuses so asked for it to be escalated and received an email yesterday with apologies but nothing other than excuses, will give it a few Days then maybe follow up, thanks for the help though.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TOM CRUIZES said:

That is correct just checking that everyone was awake😉, we did ring last week and received a call back, usual explanation and excuses so asked for it to be escalated and received an email yesterday with apologies but nothing other than excuses, will give it a few Days then maybe follow up, thanks for the help though.

I  cancelled on March 29th for an April 12th cruise, but will not call until the 60 days is up. My feeling is that if everyone calls and wants their claim escalated before the 60 days is up, the delay in everyone getting their refund will only be delayed further. 

Can't see why people who have waited less than 60 days should expect their refunds to be given priority over those that have waited more than 60 days.

Edited by wowzz
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, wowzz said:

Andy - glad you finally got your money back.

Can you remind me - did you book direct or with a TA ? I seem to remember that it was a TA , and that you weren't impressed with their recent support.

I'm currently at 58 days - phone call due next week I think.

Hi wowzz

I cancelled on 17th March for April 12th cruise,,,,,i just rang the 0800 number to query.

I never even got the option to speak to anyone.

A few people are commenting about others giving out contact details. I understand the arguments but the fact is that P&O have acted abysmally over making refunds. We had a cruise booked for 30 May, which incidentally is still showing on our Cruise Personaliser, and was obviously cancelled by P&O. We have claimed a cash refund online as requested and our "60 days" kicked off. Actually, P&O could have cancelled this cruise at least 8 weeks previously so that was around 56 days that should be added to the 60 days quoted, thereby bringing the timescale to nearer 4 months. I understand that P&O have a massive number of refunds to process but this response is outrageous and you don't even get a confirmation telling you that your request has been received. I tried one of the emails supplied by one forum member and have never received a reply. I telephoned several times and when I finally got through after several attempts I was told that they couldn't even tell me that I was in the system. I was a once loyal P&O customer and was one that supported them on this forum but I have had my eyes opened, they are an absolute disgrace with almost non-existent customer care or service. IMO, posting a few business email addresses is nothing compared to how this company have behaved and was brought about by customer frustration.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I  cancelled on March 29th for an April 12th cruise, but will not call until the 60 days is up. My feeling is that if everyone calls and wants their claim escalated before the 60 days is up, the delay in everyone getting their refund will only be delayed further. 

Can't see why people who have waited less than 60 days should expect their refunds to be given priority over those that have waited more than 60 days.

Hi wowzz , I’m one day after you p&o sent me the cancelled cruise on the 30th and I applied for refund straight away , so hopefully we will be done together , fingers and toes crossed.

sandra

• Like 1

Hi dgs1956, I received a cancellation invoice 3 days after I cancelled the 12 th April cruise  and I also received another cancellation invoice for the second cruise they cancelled about 5 days afterwards, but I do believe quite a few did not get any notice, I’m sure they have received all of them but now not sending out notifications 

• Like 1

I like hundreds of others applied on 23rd April, all I've got is a screenshot of a message that says "Thank you for completing our contact form".

Like others I believe it's criminal to be hanging onto our money for so long and we won't be rushing back to P&O in a hurry, in fact we've just booked Celebrity to Japan for October 21.

All we can do is hope the refunds turn up before the August cancellations or we'll be in Dicky's meadow.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mercury7289 said:

Sharon referred to the Company public web sites so for clarity, I asked which ones they were

Got It!!

And who's Joe Public!

Do consider that Sharon's comments related solely to what is permitted on CC, which as we all know has much tighter rules than might be acceptable elsewhere.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Do consider that Sharon's comments related solely to what is permitted on CC, which as we all know has much tighter rules than might be acceptable elsewhere.

I know nothing!

My post was for Sharon.

Thank you

1 hour ago, dgs1956 said:

A few people are commenting about others giving out contact details. I understand the arguments but the fact is that P&O have acted abysmally over making refunds. We had a cruise booked for 30 May, which incidentally is still showing on our Cruise Personaliser, and was obviously cancelled by P&O. We have claimed a cash refund online as requested and our "60 days" kicked off. Actually, P&O could have cancelled this cruise at least 8 weeks previously so that was around 56 days that should be added to the 60 days quoted, thereby bringing the timescale to nearer 4 months. I understand that P&O have a massive number of refunds to process but this response is outrageous and you don't even get a confirmation telling you that your request has been received. I tried one of the emails supplied by one forum member and have never received a reply. I telephoned several times and when I finally got through after several attempts I was told that they couldn't even tell me that I was in the system. I was a once loyal P&O customer and was one that supported them on this forum but I have had my eyes opened, they are an absolute disgrace with almost non-existent customer care or service. IMO, posting a few business email addresses is nothing compared to how this company have behaved and was brought about by customer frustration.

Absolutely agree.

We finally got our March 20 sailing refunded last week 66 days for balance and 4 days later our deposit.

People on later sailings reported refunds well before us.

The whole process has been badly organised.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Are you lot still going on about email addresses... 

Oh, by the way, both my refunds were back on the card today!!!! 

Swiftly followed by a message from P&O saying we will receive a cheque within 7 days... 

Very pleased, but the incompetence is astounding... 

Andy 

Yes, at last! Let me send you both a celebratory drink.

Sorry it's not your favourite brand but I think that wannabe queue jumper lady I mentioned previously nabbed it all in our local Sainsburys.

IMG_0965.JPG

Edited by DamianG
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, mercury7289 said:

Got It!!

And who's Joe Public!

The people who use public web sites. Joe Public can't use private websites unless invited. If I can help further, please don't hesitate to ask.

2 hours ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi wowzz

I cancelled on 17th March for April 12th cruise,,,,,i just rang the 0800 number to query.

I never even got the option to speak to anyone.

Sometimes you have to ring a few times to get through.

Best time to ring is 9.15am when they open.

43 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Each time I rang, I used the 0345 number.  Got through in about 4 minutes.

I used the 0345 this morning and got through in about 3 mins. I can't remember the young Ladies name and probable shouldn't tell anyway. I explained what I wanted, she understood and put me on hold for 5 mins while she spoke to a Manager. She came back and said all agreed and cancelled this year and booked for next. All very professional and efficient She didn't know if Gary would be on board, but I would imagine he will be 😁. Well done P&O.

Edited by zap99
Punctuation
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I used the 0345 this morning and got through in about 3 mins. I can't remember the young Ladies name and probable shouldn't tell anyway. I explained what I wanted, she understood and put me on hold for 5 mins while she spoke to a Manager. She came back and said all agreed and cancelled this year and booked for next. All very professional and efficient She didn't know if Gary would be on board, but I would imagine he will be 😁. Well done P&O.

How much does the 0345 number cost?

Just now, wowzz said:

I don't really know, but I think it's covered on the land line. Being a tight git I have a £5 buffer on my mobile. When I phoned the 0844 number for Celebrity last year from my mobile, it wiped me out in a few minutes, so I would check before I did that again.

2 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Depends whether you’re talking from a landline or mobile. For some mobiles, including O2 which is my provider, they are part of the inclusive minutes then about 30p per minute. From a landline about 9p per minute. 

1 minute ago, staygulf said:

Depends whether you’re talking from a landline or mobile. For some mobiles, including O2 which is my provider, they are part of the inclusive minutes then about 30p per minute. From a landline about 9p per minute. 

Agreed as I use o2 mobile but my landline with Sky the calls are free if I keep the call under 1hour .

Good Afternoon Cruisers,

Having had our 12th April Britannia cruise cancelled, and requesting a refund, I have been watching this thread with much interest.

I was never able to get through by phone, so requested a refund by e-mail on 25th March, filled in the web form on 30th March, and bizarrely received a scary  looking cancellation invoice dated 28th March which would have charged us almost the full amount we had paid, but later on of course we were told to disregard the amounts as they were incorrect.   Surely in this day and age if it's possible to get a man on the moon, it should have been possible to put the correct amount of refund on the cancellation invoice, or at least an explanatory note?  I then decided to be patient and see what developed, although took the precaution of informing our CC company of our predicament, just in case.

So, I am delighted to say that quite by chance we checked our bank balance this afternoon and it seems that we have now been refunded the main cost of the cruise we paid direct  to P & O and are now awaiting a small amount we paid to a T.A.  as a deposit when we first booked.

I do not blame any of the staff in Southampton for this shambles whatsoever (including you know who at the top), as they will have to do what their Masters  at Carnival in the U.S.A.  instruct them to do.  ABTA have not covered themselves in glory either.  After all, if a holiday is described as 'ABTA  protected, how much confidence would that now give anyone?   Maybe the way forward to give people confidence in booking  (but don't hold your breath), is to pay a good size deposit for a future cruise, but the balance to be paid when you actually check in at embarkation.  When this whole pandemic emergency is over, I look forward to reading about the companies who handled things well and came out of it smelling of roses I.e. the Premierinn Company, and which Companies will be used as a warning as to how to handle matters better and don't damage your hard earned reputation along the way.

Finally, have we celebrated this afternoon.  Heck Yes.  No champagne today.  That will wait for our next cruise.  We are British after all.  We had a nice cup of tea.  Kit Kat for me and ginger biscuits for the other half.

Stay Safe, and remember, this situation will be over one day and normal life will return.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, lancashire lassie said:

Good Afternoon Cruisers,

Having had our 12th April Britannia cruise cancelled, and requesting a refund, I have been watching this thread with much interest.

I was never able to get through by phone, so requested a refund by e-mail on 25th March, filled in the web form on 30th March, and bizarrely received a scary  looking cancellation invoice dated 28th March which would have charged us almost the full amount we had paid, but later on of course we were told to disregard the amounts as they were incorrect.   Surely in this day and age if it's possible to get a man on the moon, it should have been possible to put the correct amount of refund on the cancellation invoice, or at least an explanatory note?  I then decided to be patient and see what developed, although took the precaution of informing our CC company of our predicament, just in case.

So, I am delighted to say that quite by chance we checked our bank balance this afternoon and it seems that we have now been refunded the main cost of the cruise we paid direct  to P & O and are now awaiting a small amount we paid to a T.A.  as a deposit when we first booked.

I do not blame any of the staff in Southampton for this shambles whatsoever (including you know who at the top), as they will have to do what their Masters  at Carnival in the U.S.A.  instruct them to do.  ABTA have not covered themselves in glory either.  After all, if a holiday is described as 'ABTA  protected, how much confidence would that now give anyone?   Maybe the way forward to give people confidence in booking  (but don't hold your breath), is to pay a good size deposit for a future cruise, but the balance to be paid when you actually check in at embarkation.  When this whole pandemic emergency is over, I look forward to reading about the companies who handled things well and came out of it smelling of roses I.e. the Premierinn Company, and which Companies will be used as a warning as to how to handle matters better and don't damage your hard earned reputation along the way.

Finally, have we celebrated this afternoon.  Heck Yes.  No champagne today.  That will wait for our next cruise.  We are British after all.  We had a nice cup of tea.  Kit Kat for me and ginger biscuits for the other half.

Stay Safe, and remember, this situation will be over one day and normal life will return.

Two fingers or four?