CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

3 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Steve is in Southampton I believe, so he would know the Echo. 

Andy 

At this stage it is only a thought but as the days....weeks....months....go on you start to consider all options.

Seems ages ago since our talk of Jelly Baby suits doesn't it.....

• Like 1

On 6/23/2020 at 9:21 PM, kevcharben said:

Recieved this on 8th June

Thank you for your email. Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay in our reply.

I can confirm that your refund request has now been escalated to our finance team. This will be actioned for you as soon as possible and you should expect your refund to be with you within around 10 days if not before.

Thank you for your understanding during this challenging time.

Kind regards

Scot
Guest Services

P&O Cruises

Now we are 15 days on from the email and 83 days from when I submitted the claim.

Im going for the 100 club

Well al bets are off just now recieved this from P&O.

I have never requested FCC, and did not have any correspondence with P&O until I recieved notification of the cancellation of my cruise on 30th March

Firstly, we would like to thank you for your patience and would like to apologise for the time it has taken for us to respond to guest refund requests. The impact of Covid-19 upon our business has been extremely significant, and the complexity and scale of this task has meant it has taken us a lot longer than we would have liked.

Unfortunately, we have been unable to process your refund claim. This is because you previously elected to cancel your holiday and requested the 110% Future Cruise Credit (FCC). As you opted to take the FCC before we paused our operations, you did not have a live booking at the time of the pause and therefore are not eligible for a refund.

Once again we apologise for the length of time it has taken us to respond to your refund request. We thank you for your understanding as we work our way through these difficult circumstances.  

Best wishes,

The P&O Cruises team

1 hour ago, kevcharben said:

I have never requested FCC, and did not have any correspondence with P&O until I recieved notification of the cancellation of my cruise on 30th March

Firstly, we would like to thank you for your patience and would like to apologise for the time it has taken for us to respond to guest refund requests. The impact of Covid-19 upon our business has been extremely significant, and the complexity and scale of this task has meant it has taken us a lot longer than we would have liked.

Unfortunately, we have been unable to process your refund claim. This is because you previously elected to cancel your holiday and requested the 110% Future Cruise Credit (FCC). As you opted to take the FCC before we paused our operations, you did not have a live booking at the time of the pause and therefore are not eligible for a refund.

Once again we apologise for the length of time it has taken us to respond to your refund request. We thank you for your understanding as we work our way through these difficult circumstances.  

Best wishes,

The P&O Cruises team

From the circumstances that you describe, this is either (yet another) IT let down from P&O systems, sending messages to the wrong mail merge, incompetence, or (hopefully not) a change of strategy.  

If you had a live booking, up until 30th March when P&O advised you that it was cancelled arising from their suspension of cruises, and you had paid the balances due, then of course you are entitled to a refund.

Some people are having difficulty now in pursuing s75 claims and wide reports now on official social media of P&O ignoring messages on Facebook, Twitter etc.  The legal route is one alternative. 

Another may be to contact your travel insurance, as I imagine that the trip was booked and paid for prior to Covid-19 and from your description you have not shown any "disinclination to travel." They may be able to help, or at least if they can't, give you a quicker response than following the other routes? Just a thought.

Edited by No pager thank you
Typo

Best wishes,

The P&O Cruises team

25 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

From the circumstances that you describe, this is either (yet another) IT let down from P&O systems, sending messages to the wrong mail merge, incompetence, or (hopefully not) a change of strategy.  

If you had a live booking, up until 30th March when P&O advised you that it was cancelled arising from their suspension of cruises, and you had paid the balances due, then of course you are entitled to a refund.

Some people are having difficulty now in pursuing s75 claims and wide reports now on official social media of P&O ignoring messages on Facebook, Twitter etc.  The legal route is one alternative. 

Another may be to contact your travel insurance, as I imagine that the trip was booked and paid for prior to Covid-19 and from your description you have not shown any "disinclination to travel." They may be able to help, or at least if they can't, give you a quicker response than following the other routes? Just a thought.

According to another social media site I think it is another IT error.Apparently thousands of similar emails were sent out by mistake!

4 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

Reassuring (in a strange way!)

I didn't receive the errant email, so I'm assuming they still accept my being 102 days outstanding.

Been escalated three times, nil joy!

I hope you receive your refund soon.The way P and O have dealt with refunds and the emails they have sent out in error in the past few months doesn t inspire me with confidence to book with them again any time soon!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, No pager thank you said:

Finally managed to get someone to answer the phone at P&O.

They informed me the latest  mail was a mistake and I should have recived the cheque by now.

Supposedly it is being escilated, I wonder where I have heard that before.

I got the normal working from home, cheques only printed twice a week.

Yes all paid upmonths before, travel Insurance is a route to possibly look at, but I guess until I get an absolute no from P & O they will just back heel me.

51 minutes ago, Windsurfboy said:

I presume you paid by credit card. That would be first port of call. All they require is proof they did not supply service and proof you have given P&O 14 days to refund the money.  After 100 days just give up on P&O

I paid deposit by credit card, but balance by debit card.

I did however go through a travel agent so Im not sure how that will work.

5 minutes ago, kevcharben said:

As long as you have paid any part of your cruise fare by credit card you can contact them and ask for Section 75 help for the full refund.

My understanding is you claim from whomever took the payment (that will show on your credit card statement).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

My understanding is you claim from whomever took the payment (that will show on your credit card statement).

Yes, that's my understanding too.

As the main balance was paid for by debit card, a chargeback can also be pursued (for the final balance payment), just in case you have any problems in pursuing the section 75 route. 

There is a chargeback scheme operated by Visa or MasterCard - depending on who issues your debit card.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

Not sure that’s quite right. S75 claims usually apply to the merchant who has breached the contract. If a travel agent is involved then it would depend upon the facts as to in what capacity they took payment. It’s not clear cut. If they sold a package deal they had put together there should be no problem. 

• Like 1

On 6/23/2020 at 2:35 PM, kruzseeka said:

I'm not in a position of waiting for a refund so haven't been following this too carefully - though I have sympathy for all of you who are so frustrated.

Don't know whether this may be of any help but in next week's Radio Times in the section 'Your RT Money', Paul Lewis' article is about holiday refunds.  He outlines his strategy to nudge the Companies involved to pay up using the official Courts and Tribunals Service website at moneyclaim.gov.uk   You can bring a court action on line and suggests you fill in the claim but don't submit it but take a screenshot to send to the CEO with a threat to take it to court 8n 7 days if no payment if forthcoming.  It has prompted payment for others apparently. 

May be worth considering. Good luck!

Hi. I am a member of the 100+ club too. I gave notice of proceedings and heard nothing having phoned, emailed, Facebook messages, tweeted and any other way I could think of to attract attention. All I get is the 'your claim has been escalated'. No return calls and no action. 

So

I have complained via the competition and marketing authority and also issued a county court claim. Monday is judgment day so my experience is that p and o ignore the courts as much as their customers. Hey ho. Bailiffs to be instructed to take possession of Paul Ludlow s company car? Maybe that will prompt them to get the cheque book out! 

Edited by rubyted
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, rubyted said:

Hi. I am a member of the 100+ club too. I gave notice of proceedings and heard nothing having phoned, emailed, Facebook messages, tweeted and any other way I could think of to attract attention. All I get is the 'your claim has been escalated'. No return calls and no action. 

So

I have complained via the competition and marketing authority and also issued a county court claim. Monday is judgment day so my experience is that p and o ignore the courts as much as their customers. Hey ho. Bailiffs to be instructed to take possession of Paul Ludlow s company car? Maybe that will prompt them to get the cheque book out! 

I hope your claim was made out against Carnival and not P and O otherwise it will most likely be thrown out for uncertainty. You will also need to escalate the judgment to the High Court if you want to drive around in PL’s car. 

Any claim would have to be against Carnival UK because when Cunard refunded me twice for our cancelled cruise she told me to write the cheque to Carnival UK and not Cunard because all the finance department is Carnival UK as one department and not individually as Cunard and P&O.

3 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Any claim would have to be against Carnival UK because when Cunard refunded me twice for our cancelled cruise she told me to write the cheque to Carnival UK and not Cunard because all the finance department is Carnival UK as one department and not individually as Cunard and P&O.

Agreed. I made my claim out against Carnival UK. 

6 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

My credit to our bank account was from Carnival UK.

Edited by grapau27

1 hour ago, drsel said:

Since PO is a part of the Carnival group, is Carnival cruise line also delaying or defaulting on refunds for Cruises cancelled by Carnival themselves.?

If you pop over onto the Carnival page you can check on what's being said there.

I was wondering what I did wrong so that P&O would leave me waiting for my refund and for some horrible reason ended up humming.....

At first I was afraid, I was petrified
Kept thinking I could never live without you by my side
But then I spent so many nights thinking how you did me wrong
And I grew strong
And I learned how to get along
And so you're back........

Now I cant get it out of my head, so I thought I would pass on the pain 🙂🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hampshire Steve said:

I was wondering what I did wrong so that P&O would leave me waiting for my refund and for some horrible reason ended up humming.....

At first I was afraid, I was petrified
Kept thinking I could never live without you by my side
But then I spent so many nights thinking how you did me wrong
And I grew strong
And I learned how to get along
And so you're back........

Now I cant get it out of my head, so I thought I would pass on the pain 🙂🙂

Weren't you the one who tried to hurt me with the FCC...

Do you think I'd crumble,

Did you think I'd lay down and die?

Oh no...not I, I will survive!

Oh as long as I know how to get paid one day soon, I'll know I stay alive...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1