How soon will you cruise again?

4 hours ago, jeremyosborne81 said:

Is there a vaccine for the previous SARS virus? That's what this is, a new version of SARS. If they don't have a vaccine for that, why would you think they will come up with a vaccine for this?

Edited by B-52

This is NOT anything like the SARS, H1N1, Swine, Noro or any other viruses we have encountered in our lifetime....come here to the NY/NJ Metro area where they are making temporary hospitals from convention centers and hotels. Even tents in the park.

Hospitals have refrigerated trucks to store the bodies cause the increase faster than they can process them

There are volunteers coming in from out of state. The Military is in full swing. Have a Navy Hospital ship.

I heard they are recruiting Morticians from out of state to do the embalming?

When a loved one is diagnosed and admitted, that may be the last time you see them. No visitors. They die alone.

People try to compare this to other strains we have had in recent history....I don't ever recall anything like this. It is surreal like a science fiction movie.

I am a essential healthcare worker. Everyday it is like holding a loaded gun to your head. When I get home I strip my clothes in front of the clothes washer, and get into the shower, then fresh clothes.

We are Diamond +, and cruise all the time...but this is something not to take lightly.

Our Next cruise is in August...have no intention of going. MAYBE next august. We'll see.

Edited by B-52
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, B-52 said:

This is NOT anything like the SARS, H1N1, Swine, Noro or any other viruses we have encountered in our lifetime....come here to the NY/NJ Metro area where they are making temporary hospitals from convention centers and hotels. Even tents in the park.

Hospitals have refrigerated trucks to store the bodies cause the increase faster than they can process them

There are volunteers coming in from out of state. The Military is in full swing. Have a Navy Hospital ship.

I heard they are recruiting Morticians from out of state to do the embalming?

When a loved one is diagnosed and admitted, that may be the last time you see them. No visitors. They die alone.

People try to compare this to other strains we have had in recent history....I don't ever recall anything like this. It is surreal like a science fiction movie.

I am a essential healthcare worker. Everyday it is like holding a loaded gun to your head. When I get home I strip my clothes in front of the clothes washer, and get into the shower, then fresh clothes.

We are Diamond +, and cruise all the time...but this is something not to take lightly.

Our Next cruise is in August...have no intention of going. MAYBE next august. We'll see.

Except that it literally IS a SARS virus. It CAN easily be compared to other viruses of the same type, in this case SARS.

There is no vaccine for the previous SARS virus, which as you stated was not as bad as this, right? So why would people assume there will be a vaccine for this?

• Like 1

I currently have Oasis booked in November, Harmony TA booked for next April and Anthem for next December.

Right now, the first 2 sailings are up in the air. My concern is based around the fact that I typically cruise solo and wanting to see cruising get back to normal before I indulge again.

Final payment for Oasis is not until August so I have plenty of time to decide. I also booked cancellation insurance with my flight so I wouldn't be out much money. 

We would've been on the Adventure...enjoying a glass of wine before dinner.

We are at home, watching a wonderful sunset...enjoying a glass of wine before dinner.

All of our April sailings and half of May sailings cancelled.

Anticipating Royal will cancel the remainder of our cruises in May and June.

Hoping our Anthem cruises for October 2020 will sail.

And hoping flying will be safer by then.

Sigh...cruising/traveling sure has changed.

4 hours ago, ObstructedView2 said:

A lot of people have been saying that they'll cruise again once there is a coronavirus vaccine available. Yet CDC statistics show that fewer than half of Americans get the regular seasonal flu vaccine as it is....

🤔  💉  😷  💉  🤔

Regular flu shot is hit and miss, sometimes the predicted strains don't show up much so shot can be of limited value.

I had a flu shot last year coz "they" said I should,  it was the first time for me since the 1960s. Haven't knowingly had flu since late 1960s either.

I had severe flu in "Asian Flu" pandemic  in mid/late 1950s, missed many, many weeks of school.

Interestingly my father survived the Spanish flu in 1918/9 at age 5 and never had flu again the rest of his life (died at 93yo).

Will any CV vaccine be truly effective ? Those SARS like flu strains are reportedly extremely difficult to work with. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lovemylab said:

When cruising does resume I suspect it will be a very different experience than what we're used to.  I plan to wait and see what that experience looks like and then decide when we'll be cruising again. 

I think that’s a good point.  Cruising may well be very different when cruise ships start sailing again. 

what will the experience be like?  If the changes are drastic many avid cruisers may decide the new reality of cruising is not for them. Right now it would be difficult to say when anyone would cruise again not knowing what the cruise would be like. 

I have been on cruise ships for over 30 years.

After every tax season I would go on a cruise and escape the world problems.

I would take my Mother, Sisters with me

Got Married later in live and would take my Wife on cruises all over the World.

It breaks my heart what China has done to the World with this Virus.

They have been involved with germ Warfare projects in their labs for over 20 yrs.

How do I know this?, from a client who escaped the Country and knows what is going on.

I can not go on any ships until a vaccine is found.

I have made a contribution to a bio lab in California who is close.

I will NEVER buy anything from China. NEVER!!!!

CPAMAN.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ObstructedView2 said:

A lot of people have been saying that they'll cruise again once there is a coronavirus vaccine available. Yet CDC statistics show that fewer than half of Americans get the regular seasonal flu vaccine as it is....

🤔  💉  😷  💉  🤔

Coronavirus is much more contagious and much more fatal than the seasonal flu 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ObstructedView2 said:

🤔  💉  😷  💉  🤔

2 hours ago, time4u2go said:

Does that mean 'you' won't cruise again until there's a coronavirus vaccine??

😷  💉  😷

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ObstructedView2 said:

😷  💉  😷

No.  I would cruise again before there's a vaccine.

Edited by time4u2go
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, ObstructedView2 said:

🤔  💉  😷  💉  🤔

2 hours ago, time4u2go said:

14 minutes ago, ObstructedView2 said:

😷 💉  😷

5 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

No.  I would cruise again before there's a vaccine.

But, your statement?? 

🤔

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jeremyosborne81 said:

Except that it literally IS a SARS virus. It CAN easily be compared to other viruses of the same type, in this case SARS.

There is no vaccine for the previous SARS virus, which as you stated was not as bad as this, right? So why would people assume there will be a vaccine for this?

In 2016 there was a SARS vaccine ready to go to human testing, but the scientists involved couldn't get private industry to invest or gov't grants.  Not saying it would have been successful there was potential. 

5 hours ago, cpaman said:

I have been on cruise ships for over 30 years.

After every tax season I would go on a cruise and escape the world problems.

I would take my Mother, Sisters with me

Got Married later in live and would take my Wife on cruises all over the World.

It breaks my heart what China has done to the World with this Virus.

They have been involved with germ Warfare projects in their labs for over 20 yrs.

How do I know this?, from a client who escaped the Country and knows what is going on.

I can not go on any ships until a vaccine is found.

I have made a contribution to a bio lab in California who is close.

I will NEVER buy anything from China. NEVER!!!!

CPAMAN.

Following.   

4 minutes ago, davekathy said:

We've got a cruise booked for September. Hopefully it's a go. 🤞 I asked my Magic 8 Ball and the reply was, "cannot predict now".

September sounds perfect right now. Summer  is still uncertain, while  Autumn seems just fine. By that time you will get your refund if you had another cruise planned for Spring and by that time the situation will settle down and you will have some nice time on board before the New Year. Hope everything goes well for you!