Are we the only one who hasn't received refund?

I called the other day to ask of my FCC ,,,mind you every time I call I get a different answer. This time I was told they are having a hard time issuing the FCC emails but I do have FCC issued. I was given the two FCC confirmation numbers. Guess I should apply them to a cruise to insure they are really valid. At this point everything they tell me is suspect. Just wanna use the FCC and be done with it.....

On 6/7/2020 at 12:16 PM, PhillyFan33579 said:

I didn’t read thru all 31 pages so I apologize in advance if this has been addressed already. Is everyone who is getting refunds to their credit cards getting multiple credits?  For example, I just received a refund the other day for a cancelled cruise on Symphony. The refund consisted of 12 different credits to my credit card.  

Yes multiple credits here, my “office “ is stacked with credit card statements so I can keep track of all the credits for my travel related purchases 😐😐

Well I just got re-charged the taxes and port fees that got refunded last month.  I had them down as possible duplicate refunds but it is still never fun getting a $350 bill you weren't expecting.

My other two cruises will probably hit me up for $900 tomorrow since those fees were originally credited the day after.

Gotta love RC accounting...

We have received full refund for our June 7th Oasis cruise out of NJ. 

I had requested full refund when the cruise was cancelled by Royal on April 16th.   It took 55 days for the refund.  

I think my refund was issued when I called them last week.  If you are waiting for the refund then I suggest to call them.  

On 6/6/2020 at 11:54 AM, bdrcole said:

We were booked (2 reservations) on the Symphony's April 25th sailing.  I requested a refund on March 25th and received 11 transactions back on my credit card on May 10th.  After all the refund transactions I was still missing either $126.01 or  $326.01 from the cruise fare as well as the $'s for our prepaid internet package.  The reason for the $200.00 difference is we had to move our original cruise and there was a change fee of $200.00.  I did not know if the change fee was refundable.  Today I took a deep breath and called to inquire about the remaining refund.  I prepared myself to be on hold for an hour or so waiting to talk to an agent. My call went right through and I was immediately connected to an agent  (Jackie).  I explained everything to Jackie and she said she would need to put me on hold as she did not know if the reservation change fee was eligible for a refund and she wanted to confirm the amount(s) that I was already refunded.  She confirmed that the amounts that I received matched and she was waiting for her support team to confirm if the change fee was refundable.  It took an hour with Jackie (who keep me informed as I was put on hold numerous times) and she confirmed that was I was owed a refund of $326.01 + the prepaid internet package.  She issued a manual refund for the total amount while I was talking with her.  She said I should expect the refund in 7 to 10 days.  I believe we are near the end of the refund sage.

All the best to you who are still waiting.

My final refund was received today.  The manual refund took 5 days to be posted back to my credit card.  It took 77 days and one phone call to receive our total refund (12 credit card transactions).

1 hour ago, stompy said:

Well I just got re-charged the taxes and port fees that got refunded last month.  I had them down as possible duplicate refunds but it is still never fun getting a $350 bill you weren't expecting.

My other two cruises will probably hit me up for $900 tomorrow since those fees were originally credited the day after.

Gotta love RC accounting...

Confused. Then did they originally give you more then what you were supposed to get. 

Today I received full refund for a 17th May cruise (Allure OTS), which was cancelled on 16th April. 

- 16th Apr: Cancellation notification 
- 17th Apr: Requested refund online
- 17th May: Original cruise departure date
- 17th Jun: Full refund received from TA. 

Today we received a credit to our Visa of our $900 deposit plus an unspecified $78.42  - for our May 2 cruise cancelled March 24. RCI still owes us $1,141.30.  I don't know why RCI has such trouble refunding the cruises that were cancelled months ago.

Finally got all refunds back after 90+ days waiting. For anyone who’s still waiting for their March cruise refunds, I suggest to call RCL which seems to accelerate the process in my case. 

I got my refunds in 3 transactions, and the money would show up in 1-2 weeks after calling them (called them 3 times starting the beginning of May), no exclusions.  

Cancelled Alaska cruise,  got my taxes/fees plus prepaid grats for two guests on one reservation today (all at one time), plus fare refund...but the fare was for just ONE person.  Huh??   

Anyone have refund come in on two person reservation... but only received refund for one?  

As of 19 June, nothing yet.  Got FCC for cancelled 17 May departure, but it has wrong 'sail by' date on it.  My agent is trying to get that resolved.  We'd been told that if we opted for the 125% FCC, we'd have to book by 31 Dec 2021, and sail by April 2022.  The FCC has a 'sail by' date of 31 Dec 2021.  I'm hoping we DO sail by then, but who knows?  Not likely to do so until I get a vaccine, and if that's rolled out like the testing was rolled out, we're screwed, and not in a good way.

Waiting for credit for port taxes/fees, The Key, and gratuities, will be ~$600 each.  Obviously not $thousands like others, but just want to be shut of this whole thing.

What's interesting is that you will be CHARGED IMMEDIATELY if you book a sailing, but it takes up to 90 days for a refund?  Should be illegal.

• Like 1

I just had a rude awakening. The Cruise I have booked was paid for with my FCC. The FCC was what I paid for the cancelled cruise. I took it as credit instead of a refund. Big mistake. I feel like cancelling this one. The price went down $150.00 The TA called and basically. You loose. They will do nothing. 

I'm confused. So you had a cruise that was canceled, for which I assume you received FCC. Then, you either rescheduled the canceled cruise or booked something different and your FCC was applied towards that purchase. Is that right? You wanted a cash refund instead of using the FCC towards this cruise. I can't speak to the option of converting it into cash, but If you didn't authorize using the credit towards this cruise and didn't want to use it yet, why can't it be changed around? A similar sort of situation happened to me with Viking. We have vouchers to use towards any future trip  (essentially the same as FCC). Awhile after I booked an additional cruise, the voucher was applied to that cruise without my knowledge or permission. I was not happy since the cruise in question did not even use 1/4 of the total voucher amount but I suppose the balance of it would have been considered gone since you can only use it on one trip. After saying that I didn't want it done this way, the Viking agent was able to undo it and reinstate the voucher. Given the rather liberal policies that most cruise lines have issued due to COVID-19 cancellations, I'd think RCCL should be willing to work with you on this one. 

Edited by OnTheJourney

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/7/2020 at 10:15 AM, KelJ said:

We received this same email last night regarding our April 12th Anthem TA that was canceled by Royal, as the followup to the apology letter.

This morning, nine credits appeared on our B of A Visa account.  The total amount reflects everything (cruise fare, air to sea, gratuities, taxes, insurance, and cruise planner purchases) but for $100.  Hopefully the other $100 will show up soon.

I guess I'll go order the $39 DBP now for our upcoming December cruise.  I wasn't going to give them any more money while they still owed us money.  Thankfully it's still on sale.

The final $100 credit finally showed up today for our 4-12-20 cruise canceled by Royal.  The credit for everything, other than this $100, came in on 5-7-20. 

We just received our 6th ( and final) refund last night.  It was for the August Oasis cruise that was cancelled on June 24th.  Now we await December 2020 & Jan '21 & Mar '21 on RCL.  also Feb '21 on HAL.  Time will tell...

9 hours ago, KelJ said:

The final $100 credit finally showed up today for our 4-12-20 cruise canceled by Royal.  The credit for everything, other than this $100, came in on 5-7-20. 

Good to know there’s a light at the end of the tunnel. We’ve been in a very similar situation - supposed to cruise May 11th, cruise cancelled by Royal on March 24th and got our refund (except $100) on May 13th. Been trying to get the $100 back ever since and last I was told, Royal has basically lost our refund and they had to create a manual replacement refund request.