Drink Package costs so high for 2021

I know that it is early to purchase a drink package, wouldn't want to give more money to cruise line, when we do not know what will happen 2021, but the rates for our January Oasis cruises are $89.00 per day.  If the rates do not come down significantly before our cruises, I am tempted not to take the package.  We are diamond members, and may just enjoy the free nightly drinks.  If I want a drink or two a day- probably much cheaper not to take the package.

Is this inflated rate the same for other RC cruises now?

19 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

True, but it’s for a 14 night cruise. 😪

Wow, that is $1123 per person with the 18% gratuity added on. I am paying less than that per person for a week long cruise on Oasis in a balcony.

I tend to find that as the week goes on I tend to drink less and less. I don't think I could ever come close to getting my money's worth on a two week cruise even if the price was much lower than what you are seeing.

hello everyone. hope we are all safe. We did the drink package once and vowed to never do it again. Total rip off. We are D plus and use our three drink voucher and the D lounge. Plus we pay as we go. If we party at a bar we like ,the bartender will get a nice tip and let them know that we'll B-A-C-K. Next time there is a big difference. they usually match us one for one, and the friendship just gets better. good luck and SAVE A BUCK. 💲💲💲

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Wow, that is $1123 per person with the 18% gratuity added on. I am paying less than that per person for a week long cruise on Oasis in a balcony.

I tend to find that as the week goes on I tend to drink less and less. I don't think I could ever come close to getting my money's worth on  two week cruise even if the price was much lower than what you are seeing.

I don't spend that much on booze at home for the entire year.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

They are now offering 40% off on packages for cruises this year.  That is better than ever.  Maybe they are going to have 40% or even 50% off prices for next years cruises as we get closer.  They may have upped the price with the plan to offer better discounts than in the past.

On 5/3/2020 at 5:47 AM, Heymarco said:

$68 for Nov 2021, still to high for that far out. I guess Royal is solving it’s cash flow problem elsewhere.

Prices were up this high couple months ago before this Crisis. Good part is plans this Fall are cheaper. On my Oct-Dec Cruises Drink package is $39, even Coke plan is $7.50 instead of $13.50 in 2021

48 minutes ago, Jeff13 said:

They are now offering 40% off on packages for cruises this year.  That is better than ever.  Maybe they are going to have 40% or even 50% off prices for next years cruises as we get closer.  They may have upped the price with the plan to offer better discounts than in the past.

The cynical might think they are only offering the very good prices on the cruises they know won’t happen. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jam0610 said:

Liberty April 4, 2021 is $ 77.00 per day plus 18%, would equal $ 1272. Sorry RCL too rich for us. 

I will pay as we go.

On this same sailing and I saw that price.  Yeah, that is ridiculous but hubby and I are drinkers so we will pay it if that's the lowest it goes.

2 hours ago, Icesk8rReedy said:

On this same sailing and I saw that price.  Yeah, that is ridiculous but hubby and I are drinkers so we will pay it if that's the lowest it goes.

That is one reason we really enjoy sky suites and celebrity cruise line- we really like the all in rates.  I feel that on sea days we drink very little as we are off the ship- so might experiment this time on Royal unless the rates drop significantly.  We are diamond members and will be in a crown loft suite on Royal, so we will get some free drinks.

89$ per day for my February 2021 Harmony cruise.  Fingers are crossed for a Memorial Day Sale with 30% off that would bring it to the usual $62 per day.  I can drink that much bottled water, Diet Coke and adult beverages on most days of the 7 on that cruise.  A mimosa at breakfast, a drink with lunch,  drink before dinner, wine with dinner and maybe a drink after dinner in one of the clubs or shows.  Lots of water between adult beverages.  

A very low $49 per day for my Harmony December 6, 2020 cruise.  $89 for those early 2021 sailings is ridiculous.  If Royal wants to bring in some more cash flow now, they should really offer bargain priced drink packages now on those cruises.

On 5/5/2020 at 6:20 PM, Billy Baltic said:

The cynical might think they are only offering the very good prices on the cruises they know won’t happen. 

Call me cynical,skeptical, and suspicious. 

• Like 2

I think they've lost their minds on most pricing. Just checked a cruise in June of next year, standard week long, 2 adults, 2 kids in a regular oceanview balcony, $8200 without drinks or anything. LOL!!!  Get bent, Royal, and all cruise lines really. You raise everything when things are going well out of "supply and demand," but nothing when demand drops off huh? Travel agents have said bookings are down 25% for next year already, but no real deals? Way to win back the base. 

On 5/3/2020 at 8:55 AM, lifes-a-beach said:

This thread will evolve into a Smuggling Alcohol Methods thread in 3....2.....1....

Well, then they wonder why. Offer a reasonable rate for a package and people will pay it. If they feel like they're being ripped off, the urge to rip off in return ignites.

23 hours ago, Saturngrl said:

89$ per day for my February 2021 Harmony cruise.  Fingers are crossed for a Memorial Day Sale with 30% off that would bring it to the usual $62 per day.  I can drink that much bottled water, Diet Coke and adult beverages on most days of the 7 on that cruise.  A mimosa at breakfast, a drink with lunch,  drink before dinner, wine with dinner and maybe a drink after dinner in one of the clubs or shows.  Lots of water between adult beverages.  

I also hope that we can save money on memorial day- but I am not sure if giving more money to Royal so soon before the cruise is a good idea.  While I am optimistic about sailing again in the winter- what if the cruise line goes into bankruptcy?  I will wait for a sale closer to the cruise date.