CNBC: Carnival to restart Cruises in phases August 1st

kwokpot

2 hours ago, clhayes said:

*According to Carnival, the following ships will be the first to enter service, beginning on August 1, out of these ports:

Galveston, Texas: Carnival Dream, Carnival Freedom and Carnival Vista

Miami, Florida:  Carnival Horizon, Carnival Magic and Carnival Sensation

Port Canaveral:  Carnival Breeze and Carnival Elation 

This sounds like a very reasonable plan to restart operations.

1 hour ago, vpearlkc said:

Angry mobs of locals cursing at cruisers at ports of call to go back to the ship and quit spreading the virus. 

I used to live in Cancun and still have good friends there.  One of them had a brother that died of COVID-19.  Cancun has been hit very hard, with no numbers to back that up as no one is being tested.  That being said, everyone is eagerly awaiting the return of tourism, as their entire livelyhood and ability to feed their children depends on the tourist dollar.  

I can definitely see the angry mob thing in a place like Jamaica.  Even in the best of times my experience has been that Jamaican's resent your presence.  

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Chief93 said:

I can definitely see the angry mob thing in a place like Jamaica.  Even in the best of times my experience has been that Jamaican's resent your presence.  

Agreed.. But they sure do Want our $$$$. 

Edited by johnlcruise
  • Like 3

Quintana Roo(Cancun, Playa Del Carmen, Cozumel) is opening up for tourism starting June 1st.  This area has been hit hard economically with 64,000 people losing their jobs.  I would be surprised if cruises are not allowed to port there by August.  

• Like 2

Dining rooms could be "fun", too.  Would you want to be squished at a table with strangers now?  Is there actually 6 feet from chair back to chair back between tables?   Bars???  Could you imagine having to wait in line to be allowed into the bar to keep appropriate social distancing?  

Cocoa Beach people are already upset with the nasty people from "inland" coming back to their beach that they got used to having by themselves.  Imagine what they're going to say when cruse people start bombarding the town from the ships at Port Canaveral!!!  

• Like 1

I don't see sailing until mid-2021.  This is like the gate sign at the airport, that keeps updating every 20 minutes that there will be another 20 minute delay.  (But I don't think Carnival can do it any other way.)

Edited by naxer
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Announcement made this morning says that all Carnival cruises have been canceled until Aug 1st. Then only 8 ships will be sailing.

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/news-releases/news-release-details/update-carnival-cruise-line-service-pause-extension

Aug 1st:

Galveston:  Carnival Dream, Freedom and Vista

Miami: Carnival Horizon, Magic and Sensation

Port Canaveral:  Carnival Breeze and Elation

Not the news that we wanted to hear! I have a feeling that there will be more cancellations in the future.

Edited by jordanaire

I saw this on UPI and thought,,,,,,,,,If only this could be true,,,

But I'm thinking its not likely to happen,, too many problems to overcome!

Some Tough Problems that would seem necessary to be addressed,  a few I thought of,,,

Muster drill, gotta do it, but how? Standing like sardines for 15 minutes in a muster drill doesn't sound like safe distancing practices during a virus outbreak!

Are we all going to be required to wear a mask on ship? Still required in public in some states!

Lines, and spacing! Have you ever took a cruise and not stood packed in line somewhere? Is there enough room for lines, and safe distancing?

Eating, dining rooms and buffets would need to change their seating, times, etc.to safely keep cruisers apart! Are we talking about cruising with far less cruisers?

Sail away and any other group gathering all gone, unless there's a way to distance the cruisers apart! Show rooms, bars, pools, sitting out on deck, comedy shows, all need required spacing! 

And now liability,,,,Carnivals previous boarding form questions are worthless as this virus has a long incubation period where an infected person could show nothing in the form of having it, temperature, etc. 

How do you guarantee passengers no one got on board already infected? You can't! 

Because there seems no way to guarantee a cruiser won't come on the ship infected, passing the virus on to others, and because there are  already numerous lawsuits filed against Carnival Corp.,,,, A future form absolving Carnival of any liability of infection and death would seem to be coming! Employers are trying to make their employees sign waivers like this already!

So who pays for the sick,,,, Carnival could want some type of proof each cruiser has medical insurance, etc.cause they're not gonna want to pay!

form UPI, the CDC currently states,  

'The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention states on its website that cruise passengers are at increased risk of person-to-person spread of the coronavirus disease and recommends travelers stay home for at least 14 days after returning from travel.'

Recommendation for ''14 days stay at home''??? 

Wonder how many will do that, or could do that with work, other responsibilities!

And if infected, and you pass on the virus cause you didn't stay at home for 14 days, who's to blame,,,,,there goes cruising for another 6 months! 

I wanna cruise, but I just can't see it happening this year, hope I'm wrong, but I'm thinking if they sail this year, it's gonna end up really bad!

We're booked on 2 transatlantic, and a 3 week b2b2b next year, and I'm doubting those will happen! Not until there's a treatment and vaccine!

Edited by AmBear
spelling
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, glrounds said:

Actually relieved my Aug PANORAMA cruise is cancelled. If "social distancing" is going to be the rule of the day onboard, I'm not interested. With all the mayhem, confusion and turmoil that will produce, I'll wait for the vaccine.

I agree with you. While I don’t expect cruising to ever return to the way it was just a few short months ago, I want a cruise to at least resemble what I have experienced/enjoyed on cruises in the past. At least initially, I don’t want to risk going on a cruise that is not even close to what previously made cruising so much fun. 

51 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

Cocoa Beach people are already upset with the nasty people from "inland" coming back to their beach that they got used to having by themselves.  Imagine what they're going to say when cruse people start bombarding the town from the ships at Port Canaveral!!!  

Is this just your opinion or do you have a link you can share which backs this statement?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, rolloman said:

Is this just your opinion or do you have a link you can share which backs this statement?

Look at the Wake Up Cocoa Beach group on FB.  The beach scene was a cluster this weekend - parking all over, multitudes of trash left on the beach and on the streets.  Couldn't park at Publix because beach goers took the spots.   Having fun going to the restaurants at the Port lately without the ship crowd.  

Carnival is already tap-dancing, obfuscating and blaming the media; they have updated their announcement with this:

"Some of the media reports have not fully conveyed the contents of our previous media statement and why certain itineraries were not being cancelled.  Carnival reiterates that this is our current plan contingent on a number of factors.

Any resumption of cruise operations – whenever that may be – is fully dependent on our continued efforts in cooperation with federal, state, local and international government officials. In our continued support of public health efforts, any return to service will also include whatever enhanced operational protocols and social gathering guidelines that are in place at the time of the resumption of cruise operations.  We are committed to supporting all public health efforts to manage the COVID-19 situation and will continue to keep our guests, travel agent partners and other stakeholders informed."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Liljo22 said:

Quintana Roo(Cancun, Playa Del Carmen, Cozumel) is opening up for tourism starting June 1st.  This area has been hit hard economically with 64,000 people losing their jobs.  I would be surprised if cruises are not allowed to port there by August.  

Yay! That's one of our stops. Can you post a link where you saw that?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, latserrof said:

Carnival is already tap-dancing, obfuscating and blaming the media; they have updated their announcement with this:

"Some of the media reports have not fully conveyed the contents of our previous media statement and why certain itineraries were not being cancelled.  Carnival reiterates that this is our current plan contingent on a number of factors.

Any resumption of cruise operations – whenever that may be – is fully dependent on our continued efforts in cooperation with federal, state, local and international government officials. In our continued support of public health efforts, any return to service will also include whatever enhanced operational protocols and social gathering guidelines that are in place at the time of the resumption of cruise operations.  We are committed to supporting all public health efforts to manage the COVID-19 situation and will continue to keep our guests, travel agent partners and other stakeholders informed."

In other words, this is all BS marketing from Carnival.  Got it.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bingomamma19 said:

We are on the Breeze for August 15th....I would love it if they had less than full....it would be nice to get a seat or chair when we wanted.    I know this will be the only time we could ever experience that :):)

it will be like port day , everyday on board.  id also enjoy that,getting into a hottub easy. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bostwick girl said:

There’s already a thread on this subject on page 1. I think the name of it is something like CNBC: Carnival cancels all cruises thru July.

Agreed. But this thread comes straight from the horse's mouth, which gives CNBC's claim(they call it news) validity and verification. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Now my August cruise is officially up against the chopping block! I really want to cruise, but also have my concerns. I'm going if it happens, but so much is up in the air about everything (including my kids' schools, which are supposedly opening first week of August).

We are on the Dream in a spa balcony 8/22!!!   Sooo glad we are in the guinea pig cruiser group   Heck, balcony,  vodka and scotch on order from gift shop, room service   We may not see a soul other than pier runners but we have beautiful seas and a new deck of cards- oh yeh, and I have my hunka-hunka burning love hubby 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

We are on the Dream in a spa balcony 8/22!!!   Sooo glad we are in the guinea pig cruiser group   Heck, balcony,  vodka and scotch on order from gift shop, room service   We may not see a soul other than pier runners but we have beautiful seas and a new deck of cards- oh yeh, and I have my hunka-hunka burning love hubby 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

Sounds like you’re ready!!