WHATEVER you do, ROYAL...don't......

20 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Only trying to add some humour Rory.😃

Well, my emojis were sarcastic... I do miss all the treads when people all uptight and twisted. Lol

BTW, What really happened in January/February early March with the CL?  Were D+ “kicked” out on all cruises or just heavy top loaded cruises?

Asking for my friend 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Well, my emojis were sarcastic... I do miss all the treads when people all uptight and twisted. Lol

BTW, What really happened in January/February early March with the CL?  Were D+ “kicked” out on all cruises or just heavy top loaded cruises?

Asking for my friend 

No idea.

I was recovering from my heart attack then.

March 20th we were supposed to be on P&O Azura for its TA back to Southampton then the coronavirus put a stop to everything.

I would just be happy to get onto a ship again,the DL/CL/SL is insignificant in the scheme of things.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

No idea.

I was recovering from my heart attack then.

March 20th we were supposed to be on P&O Azura for its TA back to Southampton then the coronavirus put a stop to everything.

I would just be happy to get onto a ship again,the DL/CL/SL is insignificant in the scheme of things.

We are hoping Royal ships become more exclusive going forward. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

We are hoping Royal ships become more exclusive going forward. 

I think they have Celebrity cruiseline for more upmarket cruising.

With social distancing I believe ships will be less full and more exclusive.

On a P&O thread someone asked how a 3000 passenger ship could be profitable with only 1000 passengers.

My response was if you pay 3 times the price it will be.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

On a P&O thread someone asked how a 3000 passenger ship could be profitable with only 1000 passengers.

My response was if you pay 3 times the price it will be.

RCCL has pretty much always lost money on cabin sales. Their profit comes from selling you stuff on-Board. Even if they could triple the price of rooms, do you really think they could triple the price of drinks, spa, speciality restaurants, tours etc and still sell stuff?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

Just got a price reduction on our 13 March and 20 March 2021 B2B Caribbean cruises on the Rhapsody. 

We're booked on Jewel Feb 28th. Our aft balcony went up today. We just booked it last week. We had been watching the price for weeks and it kept going down. We booked when I figured it couldn't possibly go any lower. We caught it right at the bottom. Score one for us! 😁

• Like 1

7 hours ago, johnjen said:

...get into police mode and start enforcing:
- Where we can go, or when....ZONING areas at certain times;
- Tell us constantly when to wear the mask or when we can remove it;
- Remind us of social distancing by prodding a stick in between us;
- Wait for us to board and tell us our favorite venues are closed (or events) due to lack of staffing
Now, the surveys and questions about our health status pre-boarding is fine. Just let everyone enjoy the vacation we paid for.

I've been doing this for almost 2 months now in CA, so it's not a bother to continue for a while.  Even if that "while" is 2 years.  

I keep thinking of people that protest these things laying in a hospital bed, saying "if I had only known; I would do it differently".  It's not that we are all going to die, but this is one ugly illness to have.  Even survivors are left with debilitating after effects.  Just do the good stuff, be patient, and help us all get back to normal in the future. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Obviously, you must not like the Washy Washy video playing in the cabin on boarding day. Lol

I turn to TV to the bridge cam/cruise tracker as soon as I enter the cabin.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, johnjen said:

Oh believe me, that's on the agenda....Australia here we come this Christmas instead of cruising.

Aren't Australia and New Zealand shut down to people from every where except to each other?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pcur said:

I keep thinking of people that protest these things laying in a hospital bed, saying "if I had only known; I would do it differently".  It's not that we are all going to die, but this is one ugly illness to have.  Even survivors are left with debilitating after effects.  

You could say that very same thing about all types of illnesses, diseases, and lifestyle choices.

4 hours ago, TravelerThom said:

Even if they could triple the price of rooms, do you really think they could triple the price of drinks, spa, speciality restaurants, tours etc and still sell stuff?

Economies of scale? 1/3 of the staff required, 1/3 of the venues open, 1/3 of the tours offered, 1/3 of the product needed to be ordered and delivered to the ship on embarkation day, etc.

The fixed costs are port taxes, fuel costs, etc... these will have to be made up for.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, johnjen said:

...get into police mode and start enforcing:
- Where we can go, or when....ZONING areas at certain times;
- Tell us constantly when to wear the mask or when we can remove it;
- Remind us of social distancing by prodding a stick in between us;
- Wait for us to board and tell us our favorite venues are closed (or events) due to lack of staffing
Now, the surveys and questions about our health status pre-boarding is fine. Just let everyone enjoy the vacation we paid for. We don't want to be constantly policed or bothered.
If THIS is the future of cruising, count us out.

I would rather suffer by getting Covid than have to deal with anything on that list.  I'll stay tuned to see what really happens once cruising starts up again. I wouldn't sail for free under those conditions.

• Like 1

I am more than willing to wear a mask on a cruise while out of our stateroom.  I will have to bring a plastic straw to enjoy my beverages under the mask.  Those paper ones just won't work under the mask. 🤿

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Aren't Australia and New Zealand shut down to people from every where except to each other?

Not even each other yet, returning citizens only for the foreseeable future, and even those returning home are quarantined for 14 days by the government. 

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Paulines cousin from Adelaide Australia was on the phone yesterday and said Australia and New Zealand are working on an arrangement between each other for travel but elsewhere in the world is out of bounds unless for exceptional circumstances and no one is allowed in from the rest of the world at least until the end of 2020.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, TYMAN said:

Please encourage Bucky to not only wash his hands, but his feet too. lol!

*Photo copied to show effect, not to harm. 😉

LOL...that's for sure.  Of course you can't get the boy to wear shoes...true southerner!   Does not help when you see how extremely dirty those aft balcony deck floors are.  I never go barefoot out there...yuck!  Soot city.  😜

• Like 1

17 hours ago, davekathy said:

Just got a price reduction on our 13 March and 20 March 2021 B2B Caribbean cruises on the Rhapsody. 

🙂   Congrats my friend!  Me too on the price drops, seem to be snagging various discounts as well.  A really big one on Allure 5/30/21.  Of course each time I call in to talk to the rep...I always finish with "That's assuming the ship is actually going"!!  😮 

Edited by island lady

8 minutes ago, island lady said:

We had to stop with the "DS" references...maybe "someone" will stop with the on and on and on...Pinnacle bashing.  😉 

Exactly.

I had a 5 day holiday for our DS mention.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Balsam12 said:

If you think Australia is going to let anyone from the US come here for Christmas this year, you're living in dreamworld.

We are well on the way to eliminating the virus, whereas Donald is simply opening your country back up so that everyone can contract it.

You are very fortunate to be geographically located in a way that makes it easier to protect your country as well as having a mindset that Australians' wellbeing need to take priority. Many of our politicians have a different viewpoint. Don't blame our president for everything just because he is the most visible.

• Like 4