After refund fiasco, why would you ever consider Royal again?

1 minute ago, alfaeric said:

Keep saying it!!!

Less people = less cost for the rest of us.  

BTW, two weeks delay for maybe a couple hundred dollar ticket vs. a  couple thousand dollar fare isn't exactly the same thing.  But don't let that stop you from not cruising!!!  Your opinion will save people money, and that's a good thing.

One more thing, bankruptcy doesn't hurt the cruise line, other than reputation.  What it hurts are the people they own money too- suppliers, share holders, and people who loan them money.  The goal of going to court is to lower the burden of fees and costs to stay alive.

Happy I can contribute a small piece of joy and savings for you. Cheers!

14 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

Again I doubt that broadway shows have a million refunds to process.

Assume Ticketmaster is refunding for broadway shows, Vegas shows, local show, college sports, NHL, NBA, MLB, PGA Tour, LPGA Tour, concerts, symphony’s, Monster Truck Rallys, Professional Rodeo, NASCAR, NHRA, etc.

Nice try.

But the total cancellations for all those events are likely higher than cruise cabins cancellations. You’re welcome.

Edited by jknc
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jknc said:

I beg to differ. I received refunds from Priceline on an Express Deal in a week and 2 rooms with Hotels website in less than 2 weeks. 

Why are people excusing cruise lines and allowing them to play these games? 

Guess you've been fortunate.  My AA flights took over 6 weeks to process.  Alaska took one week.  AirBnB rental...still waiting on it.  I 'excuse' providers that I have been fortunate to receive excellent service from in the past, and now.  

If your travel agent advised you that RC said, please ask the customer to “wait a few more weeks to see what gets refunded” 

Wait to see what gets refunded? 

Is that quality, competent service? 

I don’t blame the agent, they’re simply trying to help. 

Like with most things if you gave a history with a person, or a company, you tend to have a higher tolerance level than if you don't have a history. RCI provides a product that I really enjoy. They have also been very good at resolving issues for me in the past. So yes, I am much more likely to accept their glitches right now and I look forward to using their services in the future.

It also seems to me that they are trying to alleviate some of our stress with their new cancellation and shifting policies. So, yes, I am very willing to cut them some slack.

• Like 11

3 hours ago, jknc said:

Think about how much time you and your travel agent spent simply trying to get your money back. How many calls did you make?

Why would anyone do business with a company like that again? I certainly won’t. 

I’ll find more joy doing other things with my money.  

16 days, 1 call to my TA. 

Pretty sure he only made 1 call as well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Like with most things if you gave a history with a person, or a company, you tend to have a higher tolerance level than if you don't have a history. RCI provides a product that I really enjoy. They have also been very good at resolving issues for me in the past. So yes, I am much more likely to accept their glitches right now and I look forward to using their services in the future.

It also seems to me that they are trying to alleviate some of our stress with their new cancellation and shifting policies. So, yes, I am very willing to cut them some slack.

“There’s a sucker born everyday”

-RCI

4 minutes ago, jknc said:

Assume Ticketmaster is refunding for broadway, local theaters, college sports, NHL, NBA, MLB, PGA, concerts etc.

Nice try.

But the total cancellations for all those events are likely higher than cruise cabins cancellations. You’re welcome.

I know people that have tickets to games that haven't received their refunds and I know people that have received their cruise fare refund. I am not going to stop doing something I enjoy just because of a unique situation, which is what this pandemic is.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

16 days, 1 call to my TA. 

Pretty sure he only made 1 call as well.

Thanks. My records show/claim that our travel agent has called 4 times. 

3 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I get it.  You are angry about your lack of refund.  You won't sail with RCI again.  What's your end game here?  To convince others to do the same?  or admonish those who don't share your view?

Your venom is toxic.  I will pray for you.

Pray that they stay away from cruising.  

Not only will it save the rest of us money, it will save us stress having not to be forced to listen to them ***** about stuff on the cruise.  Good riddance.

There's no point in trying to convince someone that they are wrong when they are 100% sure they are right, in spite of evidence that their experience isn't what is happening everywhere.  Especially when they show any form of nastiness in their response to people who want to have empathy to both sides- as all they will bring on the ship is the same negativity and wonder if the person next to them paid a lower fare or not.

Let them go away, and stay there.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, goldfish65 said:

May I ask, is your travel agent upset too?

yes, very. 

they’re just as frustrated. 

they spent hours on my behalf earlier this week. 

17 minutes ago, jknc said:

If your travel agent advised you that RC said, please ask the customer to “wait a few more weeks to see what gets refunded” 

Wait to see what gets refunded? 

Is that quality, competent service? 

I don’t blame the agent, they’re simply trying to help. 

Someone defend this response we were told by RCI this week. 

Any operation about getting money back can be frustrating. Sometimes its the companies who try to hold on to your money, sometimes its banks who are not willing to pay until a special notice. “Refund” is a common situation and yes it is a very annoying one in general. But this is how it works and it has nothing to do with Royal. It could be anybody

4 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

Any operation about getting money back can be frustrating. Sometimes its the companies who try to hold on to your money, sometimes its banks who are not willing to pay until a special notice. “Refund” is a common situation and yes it is a very annoying one in general. But this is how it works and it has nothing to do with Royal. It could be anybody

so, someone else is holding our money? where do I call to kindly ask for it back?

Just as a point of reference, and only considering the cruises that were cancelled by the CDC suspension order beginning on 3/15 and presumably ending on 6/12, and based on RCL's latest 10-K SEC filing, the company is processing ~2 million reservations fleet wide that it was forced to cancel. If you factor in the number of additional reservations that were cancelled or postponed by customers using the Cruise with Confidence program, you can probably add another 500,000 to their refund/FCC processing workload. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nhraformula00 said:

People have NOT received their stimulis check as of today so I guess your refund of money is more important. 100 of thousands of people are waiting for refunds, it takes time. 

if I qualified for a stimulus payment and didn’t have it by now, yes, I’d be upset.

How many transactions do you think royal does on a daily basis? New bookings, excursions + people on the ships buying food, drinks and whatnot.

49 minutes ago, alfaeric said:

Keep saying it!!!

Less people = less cost for the rest of us.  

BTW, two weeks delay for maybe a couple hundred dollar ticket vs. a  couple thousand dollar fare isn't exactly the same thing.  But don't let that stop you from not cruising!!!  Your opinion will save people money, and that's a good thing.

One more thing, bankruptcy doesn't hurt the cruise line, other than reputation.  What it hurts are the people they own money too- suppliers, share holders, and people who loan them money.  The goal of going to court is to lower the burden of fees and costs to stay alive.

I paid 3900$ RT to  LHR in Delta One.  That's more than I paid to RCL, way more!