After refund fiasco, why would you ever consider Royal again?

Think about how much time you and your travel agent spent simply trying to get your money back. How many calls did you make?

Why would anyone do business with a company like that again? I certainly won’t. 

I’ll find more joy doing other things with my money.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, jknc said:

Think about how much time you and your travel agent spent simply trying to get your money back. How many calls did you make?

Royal isn't the only cruise line delaying refunds to customers.

• Like 12

17 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

All travel providers are struggling right now. And yes, we already have 2 more booked. 🙂

I beg to differ. I received refunds from Priceline on an Express Deal in a week and 2 rooms with Hotels website in less than 2 weeks. 

Why are people excusing cruise lines and allowing them to play these games? 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, molly361 said:

You might want to check the other boards it's not just Royal

Understood. At this stage I’m hoping 1 or more declare bankruptcy.

10 minutes ago, jknc said:

I beg to differ. I received refunds from Priceline on an Express Deal in a week and 2 rooms with Hotels website in less than 2 weeks. 

I know that Carnival has said that they have over a million refunds to process. It takes time to process that large a volume of refunds, especially with potentially reduced staff and staff working from home with reduced internet speeds (I doubt that any hotel is handling that kind of volume). Yes, I will continue to cruise but I will change how I pay for them. From now on I will only use a credit card and I will only pay the required deposit and then the balance when the final payment is due.

Edited by sparks1093

12 minutes ago, jknc said:

You are lucky. My SIL had reservations in Hawaii and my son had reservations in California in June. Both only received a credit from the resorts they booked. We booked a hotel in Florida and received a full refund in 24 hours. Everyone is handling things differently. The cruise lines don't seem to have the same cash flow as land establishments

20 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Why? How will that serve you?

I was thinking the same thing as well. Considering their displeasure for no refund as of yet, bankruptcy would guarantee it. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, jknc said:

Why?  I don't follow.  I would think if they file for bankruptcy then chances of a refund become nil.  Or are you suggesting that bankruptcy is what they deserve, like a punishment?  Just confused.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jknc said:

IF you find more joy doing other things than you should, but the bigger picture is this....it's happening all over the world, not in your small area.  Do you realize how many vacation packages people purchase a year, that is in limbo?  It's not even a cruise issue, it's a world wide vacation issue. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jknc said:

More of this, please.

So that the rest of us who want to still cruise can have cheaper rates.  I'm totally fine if you don't want to factor in the economic stress of running a large company with zero income at all.  And then hold that against them forever.

That will save me money in the long run along with getting better cabins.

Go for it!!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, jknc said:

Because why??????  

Edit - I see several others have already asked this question and no response back from the OP.

Edited by mek
  • Like 1

For those defending cruise lines. 

We also had a broadway show cancellation notice on 4/8. We received the refund on 4/25. It didn’t require me to make a phone call to Ticketmaster at all.

You think they have a several thousand cancellations as well w/ no new revenue? 

Bankruptcy is what these cruise lines deserve. 

Edited by jknc
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jknc said:

When we cancelled our July cruise, it took one call to the D+ desk, which took all of two minutes, received a full refund in less than 30 days. Maybe they just don't like you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

I received today a full refund for my flight to the UK that was cancelled in June.  I admire the way Delta is handling this crisis.

Royal, not so much, I will eventually try to cruise (I enjoyed it very much)with them but on my terms, not theirs.  If they can't be flexible neither will I.

Edited by Judyrem
  • Like 4

42 minutes ago, alfaeric said:

More of this, please.

So that the rest of us who want to still cruise can have cheaper rates.  I'm totally fine if you don't want to factor in the economic stress of running a large company with zero income at all.  And then hold that against them forever.

That will save me money in the long run along with getting better cabins.

Go for it!!

Glad I could help. Enjoy.

28 minutes ago, jknc said:

We also had a broadway show cancellation notice on 4/8. We received the refund on 4/25. It didn’t require me to make a phone call to Ticketmaster at all.

Again I doubt that broadway shows have a million refunds to process.

26 minutes ago, jknc said:

Keep saying it!!!

Less people = less cost for the rest of us.  

BTW, two weeks delay for maybe a couple hundred dollar ticket vs. a  couple thousand dollar fare isn't exactly the same thing.  But don't let that stop you from not cruising!!!  Your opinion will save people money, and that's a good thing.

One more thing, bankruptcy doesn't hurt the cruise line, other than reputation.  What it hurts are the people they own money too- suppliers, share holders, and people who loan them money.  The goal of going to court is to lower the burden of fees and costs to stay alive.

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, orville99 said:

When we cancelled our July cruise, it took one call to the D+ desk, which took all of two minutes, received a full refund in less than 30 days. Maybe they just don't like you.

Great feedback.