After refund fiasco, why would you ever consider Royal again?

15 hours ago, jknc said:

Think about how much time you and your travel agent spent simply trying to get your money back. How many calls did you make?

Why would anyone do business with a company like that again? I certainly won’t. 

I’ll find more joy doing other things with my money.  

Took less than 30 days for mine.  Considering what all of the cruise lines are enduring right now, I don't think that was too bad.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jknc said:

Always used an agent and never had to contact cruise directly, so I did not know that. 

Not the best way, IMO, to do business.

Thanks, Elsa!

Probably will regret asking this but....why don't you just ask the travel agent how much you will be getting back?   When my March trip was cancelled and I received the FFC and the taxes were credited back to my account I did the math and was $495 short.  I called Royal and was told "we can not tell you why because the travel agent is in charge of the booking".  My initial thought was "I didn't pay the agency I paid you" just as you stated but instead of raising my blood pressure by getting all tore up I simply contacted the agent for clarification.     She was quickly able to explain that Royal had already processed my FCC, my tax refund and the missing $495 would be coming from ****** agency within the next 30 days.  Interestingly enough still waiting on my refund from the agency.  Seems like maybe you should direct your questioning and ire to your agent instead of the cruise line.  And I sure hope they and the others do not go bankrupt as I have a couple more booked and really hope to book more in the future!!!  Also really hoping to go to Disney sometime in the next 6 months-just throwing that out there hope you don't wish bankruptcy on the mouse! 

13 hours ago, orville99 said:

When we cancelled our July cruise, it took one call to the D+ desk, which took all of two minutes, received a full refund in less than 30 days. Maybe they just don't like you.

Called them 10 times last 5 weeks. Always get through, helpful able get what want right away. 

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

Can't believe I just scrolled through all the responses in this thread! Life has become a bit mundane without our cruise vacations. I also like to read the forums where people complain about the stimulus checks (some folks even give out their bank account numbers online and ask for help getting the money deposited!!)

Yes, I have a few leftover Reese's eggs (utterly creamy delicious) which helped to pass the time.

No, I don't have my RC refund yet but have not even bothered to try to call.  No need to stress on a process beyond my immediate control when so many others are giving themselves high blood pressure.   Maybe when June arrives I will follow up.  

I am in Philly, the definite Northeast, and we are getting snowflakes tomorrow!  Boo-hoo-- wish I were on a deck chair in the sun...

9 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

He was very cheerful in his negativity.  Lots of smiling emoji's

Probably because he didn't take his own posts seriously. But plenty of others did.

Then again, its almost 1 am here on the east coast.  I probably should stop, otherwise I may need to report myself.  Lol. 

3 minutes ago, LibertyBella said:

am in Philly, the definite Northeast, and we are getting snowflakes tomorrow!  Boo-hoo-- wish I were on a deck chair in the sun...

My neighbor opened his pool today. 

I didn't have the heart to tell him that we are going to get 1-3 inches of snow tonight. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, molly361 said:

I did get my JetBlue refund within a few days after they cancelled my flight

I been Lucky with Flights. One allowed me to change AND as new Flight was cheaper gave me Credit for difference. Was enough got 2 booked flights now for what paid for canceled one. Then now just booked another Tans Atlantic for April2021, return flight Spain to USA Airline has all 100% refundable this far out due to CV... But back to OP. When Hurricanes hit Florida took 4-6 weeks get refunds/FCC, this is 10 times worse effecting more then 400,000 Bookings so far. OP Booked through Travel Agent should be getting answers from them not Royal...

Edited by ONECRUISER

11 minutes ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

The Airlines had a stimulus package so they HAD to provide refunds or credits.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Knew some that just didnt picture recieving new flight plus credit for difference. Not complaining. Then CV related booking protection offered 12 months out, Kool

14 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

You forgot to ask a key point. 

If they eliminated/modified the C&A program as a result of possible bankruptcy or limited cash flow, would they still sail with Royal?

Me, C&A above 340 and always Cruises Solo, might have give some thought. Lately with more Military Discounts offered savings from both every 3rd or 4th Cruise free. At least last few weeks scored new Bookings Nov2020-Nov2021 some with no Single Supplement and rest with some serious price drops($4000+ so far) could live with it long as it lasts. But even at reg prices of couple months ago Cruises are about 1/5 what they were 30yrs ago, now some even cheaper.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I'll see your popcorn, fries, burgers and raise you some Easter candy.

Can't find bleach in the store and there are limits on paper towels, TP, and in some stores, meat. But there is plenty of 50% off Easter Candy. Every time DW goes shopping,  she brings home more Easter candy since it 50% off. And we don't have kids. I fear when it becomes 75% off.

I have so much Easter candy, I'll be handing it out at Halloween.

Funny should say Meat. Almost 2 weeks ago my Daughter brought home several things Turkey, thought interesting must be trying eat healthier. Nope, stores were out Beef and Chicken... At least that ended quicker then the TP shortage. Some limits but able get our other meats stocked back up yesterday. Also she found case each of brand name TP from 2 different places that was delivered this week.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I'm not sure I've ever seen that phrase written or uttered before. 😄

Not judging. Just an observation.

At least they dont display them in pan of "Juices" anymore. Presentation helps...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, jknc said:

Think about how much time you and your travel agent spent simply trying to get your money back. How many calls did you make?

Why would anyone do business with a company like that again? I certainly won’t. 

I’ll find more joy doing other things with my money.  

Tempting not to join this discussion but here goes.....it could be seen as a way of gathering loyal cruisers' views on waiting months to get their money back at a time when money could be most needed. Surprisingly to me, it seems that generally people here are willing to offer understanding and sympathy to a company caught in the midst of conflicting difficulties.

I think Royal is deliberately holding on to our cash thereby taking advantage of regular customers. I'm still waiting for refunds since Royal cancelled my cruises on 17th March - 52 days. After 4 emails and 3 calls (one call from 'Guest Experience'), I was told that it's business days!! Rubbish of course but just another way to hold on to my money. My chosen airline called me and refunded my fares within 4 days - I think it has millions of customers also. 

I also continue to receive emails offering reduced cruise fares, and deposits and a virtual cruise compass, but no money.

To answer the question, in future Royal will no longer be my 1st consideration but if it suits for destinations and price then yes I will cruise with them again. As regards C & A status and perks, other cruise lines offer a 'carry-over' of status with very similar benefits and are generally cheaper.

• Like 3

My apologies. 

It does seem many of you are in the high-risk category for serious complications from covid-19. 

I pray when you do cruise for good health and well-being. 

Important Announcement: After much soul searching and thought, I’m convinced I’ve never had a Windjammer hamburger. So now I have to go cruising again to try one. No matter what new restrictions and risks are in place. 

1 hour ago, jknc said:

I pray when you do cruise for good health and well-being. 

Thank you, Nancy Pelosi!  😎

Sorry, couldn't resist...if you've followed along from the beginning, you'll understand.

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Like 1

I’m not reading all 9 pages but if no one has complained about overpriced drink packages or RCI’s lack of appreciation for their status or the lack of fancyness of the MDR or chair hogs or reservations to the showroom or those scooter people who crowd the elevators or the quality of food anywhere on the ship or the lack of ice cream machines or the elimination of public areas in favor of more cabins or the length and numbers of fancy status lines at embarkation or kids in the solarium or the unresponsive crew members at guest services or the ripoff cost of ship excursions or the size of the lobster tails on lobster night or the lack of lobster night on short cruises or the price of Johnny Rockets or the smell of the public restrooms or the never-ending attempt to sell dining packages or the price of dining packages or the nonstop photographers or the price of photo packages or the mattresses being too soft or the mattresses being too hard or the mattresses being too close to the wall or the towels or the line to get a beach towel or the charge for not returning a beach towel or the cleanliness of the carpet or the lack of Christmas decorations or the ugly MDR decor or anything else you can think of, it’s just a second rate thread.  Step it up folks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, jknc said:

Nasty, horrible people.

You want the cruise lines to go bankrupt, therefore I will lose my non refundable suite deposit on 4 cruises. 

Thanks for caring.