What are you doing at home?

crusinbanjo

Later today if I have time watching an interview with Crystal Symphony Cruise Director and Astronaut Scott Kelly on Crystal@home and then violinist Sheng-Ching Hsu: on HAL’s Lincoln Center Living room.

Roy

• Like 2

Like ger77 I have also been making cloth masks. 17 dozen so far but as many as I make I always have takers. Otherwise days remain the same since we have been retired for a number of years. Only going out once a week for groceries. If our weather would warm up we could do more work in the garden (southern Ontario). 

F3AE23C7-A48B-4FB7-9918-49CF3990BC3F.jpeg

• Like 8

I am loving this thread.
Fantastic garden and bird pictures. I’m very jealous of the humming birds, not likely to see them in Devon!

I’m into my garden, enjoying seeing flowers we normally miss because we are on a cruise!

Well done you mask makers, good job.

Here is the bedroom we have redecorated plus flowers and hedgehog in the garden

348f64abbc2ed6a6fc6cdaba5c5c535d.jpg3c009a198b538e9fbd585e5fb1bfae66.jpga36a4ec785f49e375fb5f58cfc1f11f4.jpg93bbc3dda9b2ba7ddb7f152050c0cda3.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• Like 7

It’s nice hearing what others are doing. For us, not yet retired, and in essential jobs, we’re working extra hours. 

There’s enough time to make dinner, walk the dog (in reality, let him walk us) and sometimes clean up before getting ready for the next day. Have made maybe 150 masks, but petering our on that now. (They are pretty much available now, which wasn’t the case a few weeks ago.)

• Like 3

Great topic! Love seeing the baby, the gardens, the home improvements everyone is working on. 

My husband and I are in essential jobs as well. So, we’ve kept on working. But, we’ve also found that we are spending our free time more thoughtfully. We’ve planted a veggie garden and it’s starting to grow. 

Our kitchen flooded at the beginning of this so we’ve also been working on getting a new kitchen. That’s been a little more challenging with the shut down. Right now everything is ripped out. The new floors were installed while we were at work to minimize contact. The new cabinets and countertops will be installed first week of  June. Slowly but surely. I’ve waited 23 years for a new kitchen. Now that the kids are grown, we can finally afford to pay for it. 🤣

Thanks everyone for the positivity during this time. It’s been really uplifting. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, superoma said:

Like ger77 I have also been making cloth masks. 17 dozen so far but as many as I make I always have takers.

F3AE23C7-A48B-4FB7-9918-49CF3990BC3F.jpeg

I've made about 3 dozen of the style of yours, but realized I could make more in less time if I used the pleated mask pattern.  I do like your type, and to break the monotony of the same style all the time, will make a couple of the curved ones to add to the mix.  BTW, I love your fabrics!  Keep up the good work, girl!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

I've made about 3 dozen of the style of yours, but realized I could make more in less time if I used the pleated mask pattern.  I do like your type, and to break the monotony of the same style all the time, will make a couple of the curved ones to add to the mix.  BTW, I love your fabrics!  Keep up the good work, girl!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

It has been a great way to use up bits and pieces and odd thread colours. Some of the scraps were given to je by people who picked up masks. I just made some with the maple leaf tartan, so proudly Canadian. I am having more fun than is legal 

46B44EE2-35AD-4CF3-B892-2400906ECB19.jpeg

• Like 5

We are retired and doing pretty much what we normally do: reading, cooking, ordering take-out from favorite restaurants (instead of going to eat in them), working on home projects we had put off, shopping online, going through closets and removing items for Goodwill, watching MSNBC and Hallmark Channel movies.

New things we are doing: wearing masks when we go out to grocery stores/take out restaurants and social distancing.

What we are not doing:  cruising, cruising, cruising!!!  However, we have booked 3 new cruises and hoping they will sail.

• Like 2

I am gardening, too, although in this townhouse we moved to, we have only a tiny courtyard for pots and a small bed beside the driveway.  But I can do a bit of digging!

I am a stamp collector, and, like all collectors, I have masses of "stuff" sitting in the closet.  I have had time to do a lot of sorting and organizing into albums.  I am missing my stamp club meetings, but we keep in touch.  DH is doing small jobs around the house, painting, filling holes, etc.  We are enjoying the quiet life.

IMG_4766.thumb.jpeg.2cdc85c401a370e243ad32510b7a06c7.jpeg

• Like 6

We’ve both been retired since 2009 so no work to worry about. We’ve been bringing our plants inside and outside as the night time temperature dropped to freezing last night. I’ve been attacking paper work and tossing things that should have been tossed years ago.Ready to start on closets soon.

We’ve also been reading and binge watching some TV shows. Thankfully, we can zoom with family and friends but in all honesty I’m getting bored.

• Like 3

Zoom the kids and grandkids every day.  Learning how to cook lots of soups with dried beans.  We never ate out much, so we don't miss that.  Taking long walks, reading a ton, and probably drinking more wine than usual. We  miss seeing people, particularly family, but this may ease in the near future.  Our opinion is that it's probably best to keep to ourselves right now. Oh, and planting is fun...looking forward to the best garden ever.

• Like 2

Mrs Banjo and I should be in Tuscany right now and getting ready to cruise the med, but NO.  So here is my office remodel update:  Walls all painted, trim painted and floors going down.  Not nearly as fun as cruising, but keeps me busy!

20200508_120613.jpg

20200511_135230.jpg

20200512_150342.jpg

• Like 7

I'm caught in limbo between 1) having my job cut due to COVID-19 and 2)should I just go ahead and retire.  Fortunately, I can collect UI (for the first time in my life) while I make the decision.  

I'm binge-watching TV, no big reason why, it's just there and makes noise.  I've been cooking dinner MUCH more - when I was working, I did the evening shift, so if I wanted to cook, it was only on my days off.  

I have an indoor/outdoor "black thumb", so no gardening for me.  I do have to go out and cut the shoots that the chokeberry and aspen trees put out all the time - they just take over the little border around my patio.  Outside of that, whatever Mother Nature blows into my little border, there is it. 

And, I stay at home, grateful for the rules put in place for my health and safety by my County Health Department...  

• Like 2

I have spent the last three weeks....searching records and coordinating DNA matches for a man that I don't even know, who lives clear across the country......and helping him find his unknown grandfather.....!!   

Genealogy has been my obsession for years...actually decades....

My usual research is in the early 1500 to 1637 London.....so triangulating DNA has been a fun challenge....and I am very close to finding the match.....!!!

My husband has renewed his interest in making bread, cookies and crusty rolls......which has been a great treat.....although we might soon regret it............:)

• Like 5

I’ve been watching lots of old movies, Saratoga Trunk with Gary Cooper on right now. Knitting, a shawl for my niece, a sweater for @ellbelle‘s adorable granddaughter, and now another shawl for me.  As it’s finally warming in PA, I had four yards of mulch delivered so spreading that will now become the daytime project.  Golf courses have opened but I’m not in any rush to hit the links with other people.

• Like 2

We had to cancel our Cape Cod that should have started yesterday. 😢 We recently retired, so lots of cooking and baking, which we planned to do anyway.   We just made our first sour dough bread, starting with making our own starter!

• Like 1

Still working from home. Lots of things off the round to it list. Becoming worried about the governor inciting enough people that Olympia sees civil unrest or the rest of the state seals us off. We're closer to trouble than people want to believe. 

We are painting interior and swimming in pool at house. We are also calling everyone in our church to do a wellness check. We are retired since 2010 and most people in our church are elderly. We live in Fl. so alot of us don't have family around. People are very appreciative of these calls. We also  do a senior food program thru Harry Chapin. This keeps us busy.

• Like 3

While the weather is beautiful today and I could have walked in our neighborhood I walked in our mall parking garage this morning.  garage.JPG.f537fcb5487b6c81d53141c84380019a.JPG

Maryland's Governor has started to allow stores to open to 50% capacity.  Our County Executive has been more cautious and limited shopping to curbside pickup only for non-essential stores but a number of the stores have some form of street access and I wanted to get in one last quiet walk and also have a look at what was happening.  I don't think much will change in the short range, of the 4 anchor stores (Pennys, Lord&Taylor, Macys, and Nordstrom) it looks like only Nordstrom will do it at first and they don't have entrances on the garages where I walk.

The middle leg of my fall cruise sequence (QM2/Crystal Serenity/Zuiderdam) was also officially cancelled and I cancelled my Barcelona hotel and car in Quebec.

Roy

• Like 1

The production we were working on in Ireland closed down on 13th March so it’s been a long and financially lean few weeks so far ... the joys of self-employment 😬. I spend a lot of my time running or walking on the beach and working out in my gym. I should be looking good in that swimsuit by the time they let us cruise again 😎

Our big plan this year was to turn our acre of land into an actual garden but finances no longer allow it so instead I’ve been sprucing up the patio and front gardens and I built a nice outdoor run for my house bunnies 🐰 to play in on sunny days. The weather here has been uncharacteristicly sunny and warm for so early in the season. 

I often forget what day it is and I feel like I’m living in a surreal limbo. I miss going out for coffee and I really want take-out food ( we live too far from civilisation to get delivery) but I haven’t really missed seeing other people, in fact I’d say I was thriving in my solitude.  For someone who is uncomfortable with physical contact it’s tempting to keep some measure of social distancing in place afterwards 😂.

Ive enjoyed seeing all the garden and house photos ... I’ll have to take some of mine, although I’m not the best gardener and I’ve already killed two shrubs this year 😕

stay safe x 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Lovely other said:

...I haven’t really missed seeing other people, in fact I’d say I was thriving in my solitude.  For someone who is uncomfortable with physical contact it’s tempting to keep some measure of social distancing in place afterwards 😂

I totally agree. I’ve been waiting years for a time when I had no where to be and no one to see.  The occasional phone call is fine with me for outside contact.

• Like 2