Did you meet your future DH/DW, GF/BF on a cruise?

To inject a bit of levity to the current discussions, I'm posting this article (see link below) about couples that met on a ship (in these cases Rhapsody of the Seas and Legend of the Seas) and subsequently married.  Sweet....the "Love Boat" has nothing on them. 

How many of you met your future bride / husband to be on a cruise?   Which ship?

In the same vein, how many of you decided to get married on a ship?  Honeymooned on a ship?  Which ship?

Material for "Romance on the High Seas" part 2 🤣

https://cruisepassenger.com.au/couples-find-love-cruise/

Wasn't an actual ship.....but it was from on a cruise forum...........Not this one though.  We lived 2 states away from each other, so it was alot of traveling back and forth to each other's houses, weekend's and such.

Honeymoon on Freedom of the Seas back in 2006 , Engaged on Carnival Ship Triumph

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 4

I meet my wife on every cruise we go on.  I am still able to find her, she can't seem to lose me!  We did renew our vows for our 25th anniversary aboard HAL Veendam in 2008 in Alaska with our son, my mother, and the 2 gentleman that acted as my pre wedding best man and my best man.

The Captain did a great job of making the experience memorable.  Several staff members also attended and were great. 👩‍❤️‍👨

• Like 2

Wow - very lovely stories so far - thanks everyone.  Found this article about Cruise Director meets Captain...

"Working as a cruise director, Joyce Gleeson found herself on the same ship as Captain Lordanis Adamidis. “We were both single and he started flirting;’ she says. “I didn’t take the bait at first, as dating was frowned upon, but he was funny and sincere, which I liked’.’

Eventually the spark ignited. “Relationships develop much quicker on a ship;· says Joyce. “From the time we started dating, we never stopped’.’

The couple have now been married for some years, and while her husband has advanced to Master Captain for Celebrity Cruises, Joyce retired when she became pregnant with their son (pictured on the left with his parents). But she still has some sound advice for lovestruck cruisers: “Don’t have expectations;· she says. “Then you may be pleasantly surprised by what happens:’"

https://www.worldofcruising.co.uk/could-you-find-the-perfect-partner-on-a-cruise-ship/

This is so weird to see this thread posted today.

Well let me stretch the topic a little.

On May 25th. 1990  in Pittsburgh on the Gateway Clipper dinner cruise I got engaged.

Yes today is our 30th anniversary of our engagement!!!!!!

Stay healthy

• Like 3

Yes, met my husband on Majesty of the Seas in May 1992.  I was traveling with two of my sisters, he was traveling with two college buddies.  We were all seated at the same dinner table, hit it off right away,  and spent the rest of the week together as a group.  By the end of the week, he asked me out (we were all from CT), and we've pretty much been together ever since.  Married since 1995.

DH & I are on the left:

img076.jpg

img077.jpg

PICT0018.JPG

Edited by Embecca
  • Like 3

Not met but Honeymooned in 1988 on the Brand new Sovereign of the Seas. Largest Cruise Ship in the World and first Mega Ship. Was Cool looking down on all the tiny Carnival, NCL and Princess "Love Boat" sized ships. And they were LITTLE!  Every afternoon as the Wife Napped I was up on Deck hitting Golf Balls and Skeet Shooting off side of the Ship... Sad to say I wore a Speedo that Cruise(Wife bought me). Last yr while making copies for my Kids 40yrs of Pictures/Videos made sure those didnt make the cut

• Like 2

Well, sort of. I met my now wife of almost 23 years right before I was to go on my first cruise back in 1993. I say before because I am from Canada and a friend of mine had asked me to go on a "group cruise" with him out of Tampa, Fl. I said yes, went to Tampa and we actually met at a a sort of meet & greet before the cruise we were to go on. 

80+ cruises and like I said almost 23 years (all happy) later we are still going strong and are waiting for the cruise industry to open up again so the we can celebrate our 23rd, wedding anniversary in September. 

Oh yeah I forgot to mention, I moved to Florida (Orlando) from Toronto and she moved from Daytona Beach.

• Like 1

Before we started cruising, I had a friend (no longer in touch) who met her DH on a cruise.  They were both single, in their mid-20's and she lived in NY and he lived in FL.  She moved to FL and they got married and had three kids.  I knew them when they moved up to MD for a while.  She said they met and just hung out the entire cruise (3 day Carnival from what I remember).  Last I heard, they were divorced after about 15 years.

No, we were both widowed and met on line, but took our first cruise together in one year, and have 6 cruises under our belt together now, with 3 more booked between 2021 and 2022. Si far 10 years and counting.

• Like 1

Well, no .. but i met someone else's once!   😆  

(Disregard this quote .. not sure why its here )

4 hours ago, deliver42 said:

No, we were both widowed and met on line, but took our first cruise together in one year, and have 6 cruises under our belt together now, with 3 more booked between 2021 and 2022. Si far 10 years and counting.

Edited by F27TW
  • Haha 1