Will Florida cruises start back up in August?

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Probably because folks in their 70's have underlying issues that cause them to expire soon thereafter.  If you make it to 90, you got a lot going for you.

My mom just made it to 90 Monday up in NY- sadly I did not get to go up and help celebrate🍻

• Like 3

5 hours ago, molly361 said:

My mom just made it to 90 Monday up in NY- sadly I did not get to go up and help celebrate🍻

Sucks you can't visit on such a milestone 

Laura's grandmother made it to 98

I have an aunt in NYC who turned 105 in May

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 6/4/2020 at 1:02 PM, JoeFan said:

I am on 8/29 Symphony out of Miami. I am personally ready to cruise and would love for this sailing to go.

I know nobody has a crystal ball. But if you were a betting person. What is your probability that his will sail?     Absolutely NO and I live down here. 

Well, when cruising does resume out of Florida, there may be more options to fly to Florida. Just got an email from Jet Blue that, pending regulatory approval, they will be entering into a strategic partnership with American Airlines and will be able to increase flights out of New York. I did not see that one coming. 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

Well, when cruising does resume out of Florida, there may be more options to fly to Florida. Just got an email from Jet Blue that, pending regulatory approval, they will be entering into a strategic partnership with American Airlines and will be able to increase flights out of New York. I did not see that one coming. 

Interesting  Jet Blue is currently the only carrier that flies non stop from Orlando to Westchester.  Wonder if more flights there will be added.  Right now they are NOT flying there at all

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sandebeach said:

I didn't see that coming either but maybe that means more options into cities other than Miami. On the other hand I hate American. JetBlue is tolerable.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2020 at 9:35 AM, pcur said:

You're right.  Now the chart flips So America/Caribbean with No America.  My bad.

The latest chart for FL is still showing a pretty steep climb in recent weeks.  I prefer this page to check what's going on in the US, but the individual state charts can't be copied and pasted:

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2020/health/coronavirus-us-maps-and-cases/

image.thumb.png.ffa963a94e67f123d5d1aa849d841126.png

https://www.wtsp.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/floridas-recent-record-day-for-covid19-might-not-have-been-quite-that-high/67-81f73199-c283-4b27-8a48-389c8c5b3d9a?fbclid=IwAR3bVyL5AioideFVvGAdm7tlKdsYpDy_INEqkPddxbBpgSTgzEjuGbVBY1g

• Like 1

20 hours ago, sgmn said:

The thing is it's been imported everywhere, (well apart from China I guess.) In every country it has come from somewhere. In the UK most of our first cases were people coming back from skiing holidays. That's why lockdown works. Gives breathing space to try and bring it under control and put procedures in place for when things start to sloooowly open up

Indeed.  The countries (and with us the state to state travel) that still have incoming tourists...seem to be hit the hardest.  Plus any city that has higher population.  

Damn Covid...keeping us from doing what we love.  And very sad to see so many hurting in more ways than one.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, molly361 said:

So sad to hear about that.  It has definitely been hard on all of the relatives and friends that know they can't visit.

Bucky's best friend from school, who he has kept in contact with all these years...passed away early this morning.

He was unable to visit him in the hospital or at home where he passed with Hospice care.  He was able to talk to him briefly last night on the phone. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Computer Nerd said:

So it appears that the excess numbers reported that day should have been spread over a few days before then.  If that is the case, then we have a new record set yesterday anyway at 13,837. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

So it appears that the excess numbers reported that day should have been spread over a few days before then.  If that is the case, then we have a new record set yesterday anyway at 13,837. 

I highly doubt those numbers are accurate either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

Thanks again. You concentrate on these. The truth is, available ICU beds increased. Enjoy. 

https://bi.ahca.myflorida.com/t/ABICC/views/Public/ICUBedsCounty?%3AisGuestRedirectFromVizportal=y&%3Aembed=y

17 minutes ago, Computer Nerd said:

I highly doubt those numbers are accurate either.

I think we will find that the percent positive will drop. Some of these labs only reported positives and not negatives (100% positive). Orlando VA had this issue as well as or other locations that used these labs. 

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 1

NOPE NADA NEVER

The party crowd has practically ruined cruising from Fla for rest of year.

From us retired folks THANKS FOR NOTHING. 

I hope your beer and suntan was worth it for helping to extend and raise the curve.

Would love to see prohibition come back and see how they feel about losing something they enjoy.  Ignorance is spreading as fast as virus.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Oceansaway17 said:

NOPE NADA NEVER

The party crowd has practically ruined cruising from Fla for rest of year.

From us retired folks THANKS FOR NOTHING. 

I hope your beer and suntan was worth it for helping to extend and raise the curve.

Would love to see prohibition come back and see how they feel about losing something they enjoy.  Ignorance is spreading as fast as virus.

Understand but the Virus would still be here for near time cruising even in total lockdown and if so, you can’t cruise anyway. It’s never been about stopping the virus, it been about overrunning the healthcare system. 

M8

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Thanks again. You concentrate on these. The truth is, available ICU beds increased. Enjoy. 

https://bi.ahca.myflorida.com/t/ABICC/views/Public/ICUBedsCounty?%3AisGuestRedirectFromVizportal=y&%3Aembed=y

What about the CEO of the Miami hospital who said they are running at their limit, exhausted? Waiting for reinforcements. That doesn't sound good to me.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Pratique said:

What about the CEO of the Miami hospital who said they are running at their limit, exhausted? Waiting for reinforcements. That doesn't sound good to me.

Which Hospital?  My son is ICU nurse in Miami. Many small hospitals are at their limit. That happens in the Winter here with snowbirds. Media likes to take one person and make it for all. If you have the hospital, I’ll look it up. 

The link I posted has every hospital info in the State, by County. 

Thanks

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Which Hospital?  My son is ICU nurse in Miami. Many small hospitals are at their limit. That happens in the Winter here with snowbirds. Media likes to take one person and make it for all. If you have the hospital, I’ll look it up. 

Thanks

M8

I’ll have to look it up later. I’m not saying it’s all. One is bad enough. All this happy talk is what got Florida into trouble. We don’t have a problem up here, knock on wood. 1% positivity. We must be doing something right. Florida is in bad shape. I don’t see hospital CEOs complaining during the winter. Do they?

Just now, Pratique said:

I’ll have to look it up later. I’m not saying it’s all. One is bad enough. All this happy talk is what got Florida into trouble. We don’t have a problem up here, knock on wood. 1% positivity. We must be doing something right. Florida is in bad shape. I don’t see hospital CEOs complaining during the winter. Do they?

They have. Some more than others but not news worthy. 

Every hospital is on the list, total beds, beds available, ICU beds, available ICU beds. The list doesn’t address staff which is more important. My son typically works 3 12 hour days in ICU. He just completed his first double, 6 days in a row but doesn’t go back until next week. 

M8

10 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

They have. Some more than others but not news worthy. 

Every hospital is on the list, total beds, beds available, ICU beds, available ICU beds. The list doesn’t address staff which is more important. My son typically works 3 12 hour days in ICU. He just completed his first double, 6 days in a row but doesn’t go back until next week. 

M8

Yes the problem is staff not beds. That’s why beds is a lousy metric.

• Like 1