Cruising songs and memories

AndyMichelle

Let's see if certain posters can make this political... 😊

We are eating crumpets and getting Alexa to play all the songs that remind us of cruising.. Perfect morning.. 

The sing that sticks out for me is Olly Murs 'Dance with me'. Sitting in a fairly quiet Carmen's on Aurora watching the 'jivers' do their thing, mesmerised, while sipping on a planters punch. 

Heaven right there.. 

Sometimes the best memories of cruising are when you are doing very little.. 

What's your cruising memory song that isn't Sweet Caroline.. 😊

Andy 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

This will be a lovely thread!!  Hopefully .... 😍

It was formal night (on Cunard).. it was a 'posh' karaoke.

My Partner sang the old one "She wears red feathers and a hula hula skirt".  Afterwards a dressed to the nines couple came up to us in tears (of happiness) as it reminded the Husband of his dad and his happy childhood and he hadn't heard that song for years.  It must have been a strange site seeing us in a huddle them saying thank you thank you and hugging and crying.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

This will be a lovely thread!!  Hopefully .... 😍

It was formal night (on Cunard).. it was a 'posh' karaoke.

My Partner sang the old one "She wears red feathers and a hula hula skirt".  Afterwards a dressed to the nines couple came up to us in tears (of happiness) as it reminded the Husband of his dad and his happy childhood and he hadn't heard that song for years.  It must have been a strange site seeing us in a huddle them saying thank you thank you and hugging and crying.

That's lovely, thank you for sharing. 

That's the point of this thread, to provoke positive cruising memories. 

Makes me want to get my hula hula skirt out.. 😊

Andy 

Sitting in Tiffanys on Oriana with Andrew (Britboys) and our friend Shirley listening to George play and suddenly Shirley joins in one of the songs and hit the most wonderful note and the whole place clapped.  She was a singer and at over 80 can still do it.  Happy days.

• Like 3

Singing, and doing all the actions to YMCA with a load of drunk Americans on a catamaran somewhere in the Caribbean in the 90s, returning to our cruise ship after a "rum cruise". Showing my age here!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Sitting in Tiffanys on Oriana with Andrew (Britboys) and our friend Shirley listening to George play and suddenly Shirley joins in one of the songs and hit the most wonderful note and the whole place clapped.  She was a singer and at over 80 can still do it.  Happy days.

Beautiful story Jean 

Andy 

51 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Singing, and doing all the actions to YMCA with a load of drunk Americans on a catamaran somewhere in the Caribbean in the 90s, returning to our cruise ship after a "rum cruise". Showing my age here!

It's fun to stay at the.... YMCA

I have an image now Wowzz... 

Andy 

31 minutes ago, BillieJeanKaraokeKing said:

My most vivid memory of a song on a cruise ship - my blazing interactive karaoke version of Ghostbusters on Oceana aside 😏 - was of 'Al' on an RC cruise who sang My Way, not once, not twice, but about a dozen bloody times! Aaarrrgghhh!! 😂

The record shows, Al took the blows and did it his way... 😂😂

Andy 

• Like 1

Great thread idea Andy, sadly the only songs we can think of at the moment are those blooming never changing sailaway numbers! This despite the fact that we always take in lots of live music of many different genres when on board as we love it.

Never mind though, I'm still looking forward to reading everyone's choices.

• Like 1

Another memory of mine  is continually singing Ace of Base "All that She Wants" on a Turkish gulet complete with pump toilet and cockroaches scurrying around behind the wooden panels by our bed!!!! 

We loved them as they were.. just 12 passengers and usually a mad captain  ...  now they are luxurious  apparently.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Let's see if certain posters can make this political... 😊

We are eating crumpets and getting Alexa to play all the songs that remind us of cruising.. Perfect morning.. 

The sing that sticks out for me is Olly Murs 'Dance with me'. Sitting in a fairly quiet Carmen's on Aurora watching the 'jivers' do their thing, mesmerised, while sipping on a planters punch. 

Heaven right there.. 

Sometimes the best memories of cruising are when you are doing very little.. 

What's your cruising memory song that isn't Sweet Caroline.. 😊

Andy 

January 2007 on Crown Princess out of San Juan Puerto Rico.

We got on a little shuttle boat from the dock in Philipsburg Sint.Maarten to the town and they were playing some fantastic Caribbean Reggae music which had everyone singing and jiving.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

January 2007 on Crown Princess out of San Juan Puerto Rico.

We got on a little shuttle boat from the dock in Philipsburg Sint.Maarten to the town and they were playing some fantastic Caribbean Reggae music which had everyone singing and jiving.

May 2007 sailing on Oriana out of Madeira.

We were with Paulines late mam and dad sitting around the pool at the back of the ship when they played the great Britain Sail away.

We still remember Paulines dad ex army waving the union jack flag to all the old favourites like 

Land of Hope and Glory,Rule Britannia etc it was a wonderful experience.

• Like 2

I do have lovely memories of Tropical theme nights in the Caribbean and particularly like the 'silly' songs (like YMCA) that you can join in with words and actions.My husband won a competition on one ship for 'The Best Dancer' at a tropical night but I think he won it for being the person who was willing to make themselves look most ridiculous!!(He still thinks he won it for his dancing skills!')

• Like 4

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

May 2007 sailing on Oriana out of Madeira.

We were with Paulines late mam and dad sitting around the pool at the back of the ship when they played the great Britain Sail away.

We still remember Paulines dad ex army waving the union jack flag to all the old favourites like 

Land of Hope and Glory,Rule Britannia etc it was a wonderful experience.

Lovely memories Graham. 

Andy 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ann141 said:

I do have lovely memories of Tropical theme nights in the Caribbean and particularly like the 'silly' songs (like YMCA) that you can join in with words and actions.My husband won a competition on one ship for 'The Best Dancer' at a tropical night but I think he won it for being the person who was willing to make themselves look most ridiculous!!(He still thinks he won it for his dancing skills!')

😂😂 I'm sure it was his dancing skills that won it. 

Andy 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Hearing / watching a very drunk Scot singing 'I would walk 500 miles' whilst waving the Scottish flag and walking along the edge of the swimming pool on Ventura right before he fell in.

Are you sure you didn't nudge him Josy? 😊

Andy 

We had a nice few hours lazing on Reduit beach and then strolled up to the Spinnakers beach bar

in St Lucia.

As Mrs Kalos and I sat sipping on a nice chilled Piton beer the lady behind the bar turned up the bars 

music system as a song began to pound out to a John Legend song  but it was not him singing .

It was one of those "Im in heaven " moments  ,sat with the love of my life ,a very nice beer ,nice view and 

a warm breeze blowing in from the beach kissing your face.What was not to like? 

Then it was time to make our way back to the Azura after a lovely day out .

It was not until we got home months later that we discovered the version of that song.

Happy days and not a politician in sight :classic_wink: Here's the song that played  on a day we will never forget ..

Edited by kalos
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, kalos said:

We had a nice few hours lazing on Reduit beach and then strolled up to the Spinnakers beach bar

in St Lucia.

As Mrs Kalos and I sat sipping on a nice chilled Piton beer the lady behind the bar turned up the bars 

music system as a song began to pound out to a John Legend song  but it was not him singing .

It was one of those "Im in heaven " moments  ,sat with the love of my life ,a very nice beer ,nice view and 

a warm breeze blowing in from the beach kissing your face.What was not to like? 

Then it was time to make our way back to the Azura after a lovely day out .

It was not until we got home months later that we discovered the version of that song.

Happy days and not a politician in sight :classic_wink: Here's the song that played  on a day we will never forget ..

Fantastic Kalos, how amazing. 

Andy 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, wowzz said:

On the Jolly Roger in Barbados, the party of drunk Canadian Cheerleaders dancing with the crew to Eddie Grant songs. Not your typical P&O guests, but we were on Ocean Village.😂

• Like 1