24 minutes ago, hazence said:

I’ve had the same experience.

I just assumed that perhaps the “conversation” was perceived as becoming a bit heated...and the posts were removed to calm the waters of the discussion a bit.

Though why ANY of my charming, unopinionated, and congenial posts should ever be construed in that manner...remains a unfathomable mystery to me to this day. 😇

Thanks for your info. It would be nice and appropriate if they would have the courtesy to tell you why. Thus,  you would not be prone to make the same mistake. 

Well,  like they say in Jamica: pooo pooo happens

Thanks again! 

40 minutes ago, hazence said:

I’ve had the same experience.

I just assumed that perhaps the “conversation” was perceived as becoming a bit heated...and the posts were removed to calm the waters of the discussion a bit.

Though why ANY of my charming, unopinionated, and congenial posts should ever be construed in that manner...remains a unfathomable mystery to me to this day. 😇

It would seem that many of us are having the same experience.  Guess I will have to wait until cruises actually go out again to post.  

8 minutes ago, Keksie said:

It would seem that many of us are having the same experience.  Guess I will have to wait until cruises actually go out again to post.  

I don't use FB, but they are totally different and some of the language makes even me blush. 

So, we have two extremes.  

Political ads are even worse! 

1 hour ago, Oxo said:

I fully agree with you. But,  what would you think if two of you posts, within a 2 hour period, were deleted? 

I know they were posted as I keep track of what I post.

Did you get a message from the moderator's? It might have been deleted for being off topic. I was warned twice in the last few months for being off topic. First time since I joined in 2008.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I think most of us have little interest in reporting posts.

I have in 20 years of membership reported one time, that was about 15 years ago when an absolute lunatic was on and had been banned under a couple of IDs, started raving like an insane person.  I reached out to Laura, to let her know that person was back.

I still am ashamed of my act.

jc 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Thanks for your info. It would be nice and appropriate if they would have the courtesy to tell you why. Thus,  you would not be prone to make the same mistake. 

Well,  like they say in Jamica: pooo pooo happens

Thanks again! 

Member since 2003, welcome to CC.

😉

jc

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Why do you think it’s me deleting your posts. I’d be the last soul on earth before they made me an admin. I suggest you go read the rules for posting. 

Peace

M8

I can vouch for Troy.  Reasonably certain he is not reporting your posts.  

JC

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, zonacruiser25 said:

good comments on this page.  AZ is now a "hot spot" but not quite sure what that is saying.  We all need to be smart and practice good hygiene.  I have worn a mask at Costco and on a plane.  As I have already said, I will not be cruising with a mask and will do some great road trips for a while.  Can't wait to get back to cruising!  

I bought a boat, and I am doing my cruising on an inland lake.  It is more expensive than cruising since I am buying the boat and not renting a cabin, but it has been very nice so far.  Dealing with issues which are more complex than those who complain about issues on a cruise, but hey that is what is.

I live in realville... not a fairy land.

jc

• Like 1

Thanks for all your comments. I enjoy discussions and debates. It takes me back to my years in college and the debate teams. 

Maybe some times we seem to over react.

Back on board. 

Happy CRUISING whenever it resumes. 

Edited by Oxo

9 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

I have in 20 years of membership reported one time, that was about 15 years ago when an absolute lunatic was on and had been banned under a couple of IDs, started raving like an insane person.  I reached out to Laura, to let her know that person was back.

I still am ashamed of my act.

jc 

I flag crap all the time, I enjoy it. 

Some people piss me off

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I think most of us have little interest in reporting posts.

Its really easy, just hit the flag button. You dont even need to say why. 

I started when my little witticisms started dissapearing. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Oxo said:

It just seemed strange that two of my postings in response to you were immediately deleted. 

Maybe the term hog was misinterpreted.  With your background, I assumed we would both understand that HOG was a motorcycle or bike.

Did you see the pic I posted? That was really some work.

Maybe the administrators are fans of Indian. The motorcycle. Or Suzuki's. 😉

As others have said, sometimes it is difficult to figure out why a certain post is deleted.  Most of the time they don't tell you although once I did receive a warning. I do know that if you quote someone in you post and that person's post is deleted,  yours post will get deleted.  And anyone else on the "quote chain".

Discussing deleted post is also a reason to delete so there is a good chance this post will be gone soon. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Brought back memories.  First bike was a 76 GT550 then moved up to a 83 GS750

I had a GT250 before moving to the GS550. It was so nice moving from a two lung two stroke engine to a four lung four stroke bike.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

We have moved in to motorcycles.😉

Ok, I like that. In our stable 

2020 Limited CVO 

2020 Road Glide Special 

2020 Road King Police

2020 BMW RTP 

2020 GS 1250

2018 Road King Police 

To remain on topic, we never wear a mask while riding. 

ADA26B64-2400-4325-A8EF-7B48494D1C29.jpeg

• Like 1