Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

On 3/7/2022 at 11:54 AM, mahdnc said:

Hi, Debbi.  It's been a long time since the Great Barrier Reef cruise.

There is no way to "see" if you have been rewarded the PowerUp Points directly.  You are awarded the converted Club Points (10 PUP = 1 CC) to your Capt Club account the following month.  That is the only way you  know.  So you have to track them yourself, do the math conversion, and then see if you were awarded the proper CC points in the following month.....

David

Thanks David 🙂   It certainly has been awhile.    Hope to sea you again on the high seas 🙂 

Edited by jayde43

5 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

Didn't get any confirmation email (yet again). Let's see until Monday if I get any points for February. My patience with X and these promotions is at an end.

You are not alone.    This is very good marketing.  Watching an ad that goes on for  nearly 40 minutes and getting points with very little true value.

We went to a timeshare presentation on a vacation that lasted one hour.  We walked away with $200 cash and were given two  fabulous excursions.  Did not miss getting points of any kind.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

The email after the Spain webinar said 15 th of the next month, so you are a day early.😱

I'm not talking about Spain but all the other activities from February (and January for that matter).

"Earn 50 Power Up Points for joining. Power Up Points will be converted to Club Points and added to the verified member's Club Points balance within 14 days after the month's end."

6 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

March 14th now, not a single PUP point has been added. The s-show continues!

I’m also waiting for some from the Turkey webinar. I’m sure they will be added some time today or tomorrow. I wouldn’t get too concerned yet

Rather than complain and speak about a “s show” rather spend the hour doing some charity work. It’s only a couple of points on a reward scheme.

It’ll lower blood pressure, help others and allow the rest of us to enjoy looking at nice posts on this lovely website.

One might also feel more positive about things and not get frustrated about something trivial.

First world problems eh?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

I'm not talking about Spain but all the other activities from February (and January for that matter).

"Earn 50 Power Up Points for joining. Power Up Points will be converted to Club Points and added to the verified member's Club Points balance within 14 days after the month's end."

Yes - it says the 14th of the month

The Turkey Webinar said "Power up Points will be converted to Club Points and addedd to the verified member's Club Points balance within 14 days after the month's end".

The email for the pain Webinar said "Power Up Point will be awarded by April 14th"   🙂

So - it should be either today, or tomorrow for the Turkey Power Up Points 🙂

1 hour ago, Purplsmurf said:

I’m also waiting for some from the Turkey webinar. I’m sure they will be added some time today or tomorrow. I wouldn’t get too concerned yet

Under normal circumstances I wouldn't care at all about the points but I'm 4 points before Elite and have another sailing coming up. I don't think these PUPs will matter much for me in the future as beyond Elite there really isn't much to look forward to for a casual cruiser. But I'd like to have my new tier in two weeks from now.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Fly and Sail said:

Under normal circumstances I wouldn't care at all about the points but I'm 4 points before Elite and have another sailing coming up. I don't think these PUPs will matter much for me in the future as beyond Elite there really isn't much to look forward to for a casual cruiser. But I'd like to have my new tier in two weeks from now.

I’m 10 Points away so the 5 from the Turkey webinar and 5 next month for the Spain webinar will put us where we need to be for our May sailing. I’m still not going to worry about it for a bit.

34 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Someone please start rage Tweeting LLP. The business day started 36 minutes ago and I don't have my points yet! 

That's amateur hour stuff. If we really want to get our message through, let's all chip in and rent a botnet and DDOS them into oblivion. How dare they not award us our (as some would say) worthless CC points before the crack of dawn. 🤪

2 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Someone please start rage Tweeting LLP. The business day started 36 minutes ago and I don't have my points yet! 

Yeah, they are giving away pionts for free and there are people whining about the spped of getting them and about the quaity of the webinars. Serve them right if Celebrity discontinues the giveaway right now! 

7 minutes ago, sakigemcam said:

What would be so hard for X to create more value with the tiers? I'm in Marketing and can think of 100 low-cost ideas. I don't know why I keep gathering points when they've devalued so much but I can't stop myself!

Just curious, but what great loyalty perks does Celebrity’s competition, such as Princess and HAL, offer that Celebrity doesn’t? Also, can’t you use Celebrity loyalty status on a RCCL cruise? What other cruise line offers that kind of perk between “sister” cruise lines?

3 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Yeah, they are giving away pionts for free and there are people whining about the spped of getting them and about the quaity of the webinars. Serve them right if Celebrity discontinues the giveaway right now! 

To be fair, if they can't manage their marketing efforts properly then YES they absolutely should discontinue it. If you follow the almost 170 pages of this thread it's full of complaints that the points are being awarded in an almost arbitrary fashion. That's not how marketing works because if I promise something to my customers then I make sure I follow through 100% as promised.

I've managed/overseen countless marketing campaigns and sales promotions in the last 15 years and this stuff isn't cheap. Yet some companies have no problem letting things go down the shitter thinking "Oh it's free, people shouldn't complain.". Guess what, they do complain and justifiably so which is why I always try to strive for perfection to get the max result out of each marketing dollar we spend.

The same goes for IT. I can't wrap my head around it why Celebrity runs such a kindergarten sometimes. Unfortunately that goes for much of the cruise industry not just X alone.

2 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

She won't see it, she is busy meeting with Kelly Hoppen

21 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

This thread is turning to a bit of a gripe session.  Just relax, folks.  I'm sure points will be credited soon.  I looked at some of the recent comments and literally laughed out loud.

LLOL    🙂

Tom