Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

@garyl62 - just checked the hashtag on FB and there are quite a few of us that have now posted 🙂  the creativity continues!   some are classic (like yours - which is spot on!) and then there are variations.

It’s cool to see all the creations!  💫 and that red wine reduction is a keeper 🍹

8 hours ago, hvbaskey said:

@garyl62 - just checked the hashtag on FB and there are quite a few of us that have now posted 🙂  the creativity continues!   some are classic (like yours - which is spot on!) and then there are variations.

It’s cool to see all the creations!  💫 and that red wine reduction is a keeper 🍹

Interesting to see all the pictures and comments. I have to call out someone named Donna Walsh though... she actually lifted my picture and called it her own!  Oh the comments I could make about that, but I'm holding my tongue. 

33 minutes ago, garyl62 said:

Interesting to see all the pictures and comments. I have to call out someone named Donna Walsh though... she actually lifted my picture and called it her own!  Oh the comments I could make about that, but I'm holding my tongue

Too late to edit, Donna Welch, not Walsh, not that it really matters 

1 hour ago, garyl62 said:

Interesting to see all the pictures and comments. I have to call out someone named Donna Walsh though... she actually lifted my picture and called it her own!  Oh the comments I could make about that, but I'm holding my tongue. 

WOW!  picking jaw up off floor ... I read some people joking about that here - but to actually do that?  Her karma!  and she will have to live with being a dishonest cheat.

I had fun doing the activity and in the process discovered an easy way to make a lovely red wine reduction sauce.

Edited by hvbaskey
  • Like 1

I will have a go at this PUP activity next week. I am not sure what I will be able to create from whatever turns up in my weekly supermarket delivery. Hopefully they will not substitute the steak I have ordered for lamb chops or chicken, but I know already it will not be "at least an inch thick" as specified in the video. Sourcing the ingredients in Lockdown is not easy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, garyl62 said:

I'd report her to the Captain's Club for her fraudulent attempt to gain PUPs. Not cool!

21 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

I'd report her to the Captain's Club for her fraudulent attempt to gain PUPs. Not cool!

Oh oh, I may be in trouble here but that delish soup you made yesterday, Fouremco, Celebrity thinks it was my submission  😲

7 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Oh oh, I may be in trouble here but that delish soup you made yesterday, Fouremco, Celebrity thinks it was my submission  😲

You can expect a call from CC about the removal of all of your PUPs, which they've kindly transferred to me! :classic_dry:

In the mean time, here's the recipe if you want to try it yourself:

https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/tortellini-vegetable-soup/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, garyl62 said:

Unbelievable. I just can't fathom someone stooping to that for a couple of points. Makes you wonder what they would do when the stakes are really big. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, ORV said:

Unbelievable. I just can't fathom someone stooping to that for a couple of points. Makes you wonder what they would do when the stakes are really big. 

Also no different than people asking for the answers to the Trivia PUP activities.

The point of the PUP is to “earn” them - but as always, there are those who want everything for free.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

You can expect a call from CC about the removal of all of your PUPs, which they've kindly transferred to me! :classic_dry:

In the mean time, here's the recipe if you want to try it yourself:

https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/tortellini-vegetable-soup/

THX!!  Perfect timing here, we are doing our Instacart shopping this afternoon, will add these ingredients to the list.  

• Like 2

More duplication ... unreal.  Could give benefit of the doubt that Korry & Rhonda are spouses and they have different surnames, but then why go to the trouble of getting a “snap shot” of the original to make it look a bit different? 

Oh well - his Karma!  

@garyl62 - I couldn’t find the duplication of your beautiful creation, so maybe it was deleted (DW recognizing the error of her ways).  

.1099969355_ScreenShot2021-02-14at12_23_35PM.thumb.png.b178a8a14df9d99499588c05d8ac6d1b.png

Edited by hvbaskey

21 minutes ago, hvbaskey said:

More duplication ... unreal.  Could give benefit of the doubt that Korry & Rhonda are spouses and they have different surnames, but then why go to the trouble of getting a “snap shot” of the original to make it look a bit different? 

Oh well - his Karma!  

@garyl62 - I couldn’t find the duplication of your beautiful creation, so maybe it was deleted (DW recognizing the error of her ways).  

.1099969355_ScreenShot2021-02-14at12_23_35PM.thumb.png.b178a8a14df9d99499588c05d8ac6d1b.png

Well?  looks like Korry *did* copy Rhonda’s photo.  I made a comment that Rhonda and him did a great job (with a snapshot of her original post) and he promptly deleted my comment 😉  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A few seconds on Google reaped literally hundreds of images of sliced steak with red wine reduction sauce and Caesar salad that would do the trick if one actually wanted to cheat (I won't). Stealing another poster's legitimate photo is even lazier than that. 

People astonish me, and not always in a good way. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, garyl62 said:

Absolutely appalling.   I cannot believe that someone would do this.  I know  you are being calm about the whole situation.   I on the other hand would be in touch with Celebrity Captain's Club and advise them accordingly.  This is plagiarism.   There are quite a few CC Members who do not participate in social media.   I would certainly never stoop so low to steal someone's photo for points.  You have published her name (rightly so) and Celebrity can retrieve her file and remove those points.    I am confident that they would not be happy with this situation at all.    I say give you the points, then the points that they awarded her should be put in your account as well.   Please do something about this to show others that these tactics will not work in the future.

Thanks for all the support everyone! I was frustrated at first and started but deleted many potential posts regarding it, but figured it was really just a compliment on well mine turned out. 😀 I did send her a snarky message though Messenger to which I have had no response, but her post is gone so maybe she decided the 3 points weren't worth the ongoing guilt 😉

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, hvbaskey said:

Well?  looks like Korry *did* copy Rhonda’s photo.  I made a comment that Rhonda and him did a great job (with a snapshot of her original post) and he promptly deleted my comment 😉  

WOW 😮 Who wants to cruise with the Pearls?  😂 

This is unbelievable.  Posting the same stolen image twice, claiming it as their own.  Do they not know how “time stamping” works?  RM is clearly the original.

D9933324-C12E-41C6-80EE-5E8B66A77E1D.jpeg

Edited by hvbaskey

5 minutes ago, hvbaskey said:

WOW 😮 Who wants to cruise with the Pearls?  😂 

This is unbelievable.  Posting the same stolen image twice, claiming it as their own.  Do they not know how “time stamping” works?  RM is clearly the original.

D9933324-C12E-41C6-80EE-5E8B66A77E1D.jpeg

Pretty sad day when someone needs to steal another's photo for something like this.  Like, hmmm, do you have a life?

• Like 2

How many Captains Club points have most folks gotten through the PUP program? We haven't done any of the booking opportunities  and maybe skipped a couple of the social media ones but have still gotten about 35 points from where we were (as best I can remember) through this. They don't have to do it so I am appreciative.  Since it's Valentine's Day, I just wanted to say Thanks Celebrity! 

• Thanks 1