Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

22 hours ago, patty1955 said:

You don't really have to watch it, just run it. Start it up, turn down the volume and go do something else. 

DH and I watched it once together - the first half was primarily a commercial for Icy Strait Point, but the last half held some interest.  Since we each had to log in to get points, there was no way I was going to sit there and listen again.  We logged on again, put it on low volume and went about our business (too bad the IT dept can't figure out a way for multiple people to sign up together to avoid this nonsense).

It's nice that Celebrity is doing this, but they really need to up their game as regards the quality and content of the production.  Very hard to hear sometimes.

On 1/31/2021 at 5:01 AM, hawkesbaynz said:

I emailed Captains Club webinars but was told I would have to wait until invited at a later date.

I cut and pasted the Apex Webinar from a CC post and played it after inserting my CC number. Did not receive the points! Eventually recieved the webinar invite to my email address and played it with volume off in the back ground.

Also asked Captains Club to link my wifes account. Informed she would need to do it separately. Unfortunately my wife has no interest in doing the PUP legwork. However she would be peeved to find I am Elite and she is not in two cruises time....... so I am doing them on her behalf too!

I'm posting this as an FYI. If only one person does the PUP activities, only the person who actually does the activity will receive the points.  The spouse of the person who does the activity will show a disclaimer that some of the points reflected were due to a linked account. The linked accounts will each show the same number of points when you log into the X website. If you call X Captains Club and ask about the number of points on each, their records will show different totals than those reflected on the website. It's not really as issue while you both cruise together, but if the person with the lesser amount cruises alone and is in a lower Captains Club level it might.

My wife's account showed 16 points lower than mine despite us both having same cruise history and completed power up surveys etc, I sent an e mail to Captains Club who replied detailing each allocation of power up points. Turns out my wife's power up points were being stored elsewhere and not reaching her account Within two days this was rectified and we are now both showing same total points . Pleased with result and speedy resolution.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Luvcrusn said:

I'm posting this as an FYI. If only one person does the PUP activities, only the person who actually does the activity will receive the points.  The spouse of the person who does the activity will show a disclaimer that some of the points reflected were due to a linked account. The linked accounts will each show the same number of points when you log into the X website. If you call X Captains Club and ask about the number of points on each, their records will show different totals than those reflected on the website. It's not really as issue while you both cruise together, but if the person with the lesser amount cruises alone and is in a lower Captains Club level it might.

Once again consistently inconsistent. Ours CC tier level points have always been the same in the CP including what the CC shows in their system. After reading your post I called (again) the CC, 1-800-760-0654 just to double check and to verify if our CC points are the same in their records as what is showing in the CP. The same. I can only speak for us but it obvious our CC points have gone up the same with each PUP offer I have done. 

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Once again consistently inconsistent. Ours CC tier level points have always been the same in the CP including what the CC shows in their system. After reading your post I called (again) the CC, 1-800-760-0654 just to double check and to verify if our CC points are the same in their records as what is showing in the CP. The same. I can only speak for us but it obvious our CC points have gone up the same with each PUP offer I have done. 

Definitely weird! The one time my DH didn't get his PUPS credited there was a disclaimer that showed on the website as I mentioned above. That's how I knew there was something wrong.  When I called to check they were seeing a lesser number for him than for me.  I emailed them the proof he had done the PUP activity the disclaimer disappeared.  I guess it's not surprising that X is once again inconsistent! 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

Definitely weird! The one time my DH didn't get his PUPS credited there was a disclaimer that showed on the website as I mentioned above. That's how I knew there was something wrong.  When I called to check they were seeing a lesser number for him than for me.  I emailed them the proof he had done the PUP activity the disclaimer disappeared.  I guess it's not surprising that X is once again inconsistent! 

I agree it is weird but not surprisingly inconsistent. We joined and paid to be CC members in 1994. So our CC numbers have been linked since then.  Another way I check is we only use/have one Email address with Celebrity.  After I received the first PUP offer I changed the CC number to my wife's CC number. After that all the PUP offers Emails have gone to her CC number and name.  The PUP offer only shows her CC points. I then log into Celebrity's website and check my CP which is under my name and CC number to verify. The CC points have been the same prior to the PUP offers and they are still the same and as of today. As I posted earlier,  your post prompted me to call the CC desk just to verify (again) with the CC rep. At least for us that has been consistent, so far. 🤞 I guess it could be worse based on what some have posted to this thread. 

Edited by davekathy

41 minutes ago, Babr said:

Has anybody been getting emails about Power Up Points lately? I have not received any activities in a while - probably since the Christmas one. Anything in the new year?

Yes, I received one in January.  It was for the Alaska webinar.

1 hour ago, GerScot said:

Has the recording of the Alaska webinar come out yet?

No - not in the UK.

The last one, the Apex webinar recording, was offered as an activity in the UK several weeks after it was in the US. This one will probably be the same.

I contacted Captain's Club UK when we didn't get the last one. This was their response:

The Apex webinar in December was for our US Guests only as mentioned in your previous emails expressing your disappointment that this wasn't provided to our UK Guests.  Upon this feedback, from not only yourself but other Guests, the Apex webinar was provided to our UK database last week. 

I have written to them again to ask that we be included in ALL activities and hope the Alaska webinar will be provided soon. Fingers crosses, I would like the points.

10 minutes ago, GerScot said:

Captains Club called me today in relation to my wifes points that had been "missing" At the same time she told me that the 5 points for watching the Apex webinar in UK would be allocated to us both on 15th February.

I am hoping I will get mine then too.

I hope they send the invite for the Alaska webinar soon too as I could really do with another 5 points.

I watched it this morning while drinking my coffee. I enjoyed the webinar. It brought back great memories of our June 2019 Alaska cruise on the Millennium (northbound). We enjoyed Mickey's talks while onboard and Icy Strait Point was a new port for us. We would sail that route again.

2 hours ago, laslomas said:

I am hoping I will get mine then too.

I hope they send the invite for the Alaska webinar soon too as I could really do with another 5 points.

It seems they load them on 15th of the next month or if lucky before.

I am hoping to earn some more.

Edited by shipshape sam

From the X website:

"Today, the Canadian government shared their decision for their ports to remain closed through February, 2022. We are working through the resulting impacts to our itineraries that visit Canada and we will communicate all updates and alternatives to you or your travel advisor by no later than Friday, February 12. We know this is disappointing news, particularly as it relates to the Alaska cruise season. We continue to maintain our focus on all efforts to resume service with the health, safety and well-being of our guests, the communities we visit, and our crew and shoreside employees as our highest priority."

Hoping for a L&S option for our Solstice cruise in June despite L&S having expired.