Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

19 hours ago, Fouremco said:

I agree, Glacier Bay is a must.

My first trip to Alaska was on the Alaska Marine Highway to Juneau then a short flight to Gustavus (Glacier Bay) where three of us waited for good weather and fair winds to kayak across to Hoonah.  Waited several days to return and finally had a fishing boat take us back across.  Lots of fabulous places in Alaska.  My #1 suggestion is to do the one way cruises and spend time exploring on your own.  May or September best as not crowded.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

My first trip to Alaska was on the Alaska Marine Highway to Juneau then a short flight to Gustavus (Glacier Bay) where three of us waited for good weather and fair winds to kayak across to Hoonah.  Waited several days to return and finally had a fishing boat take us back across.  Lots of fabulous places in Alaska.  My #1 suggestion is to do the one way cruises and spend time exploring on your own.  May or September best as not crowded.

And renting a car in Fairbanks for the drive up to Denali is far superior to any package tour.  The Mountain was 'out' for 4 of our 5 land days [it was only socked in the day we took the bus into the park!], and every turn in the road brought a different perspective – and a conveniently located turn off so we could stop and enjoy it.  No bus does that for you.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RosieRoo said:

I watched it last night and as soon as I was done I got another invite to watch it again. I hope I don’t have to watch it twice to get the points. That would be too much. 

Actually,  once is too much. I do love Alaska though!  Been there several times and hoping against hope this July goes. 

How many opportunities to earn points did you all see in January?  I only have one recorded, the 5 points for the Alaska webinar.  I remember that there was one for posting something on social media too, that I did not participate in.  Were there any more?  Not including social media postings,  my records show 2 opportunities in October, 2 in November, and 3 in December.  January seems a little thin.  Did I miss something? 

31 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

Actually,  once is too much. I do love Alaska though!  Been there several times and hoping against hope this July goes. 

I watched it and thoroughly enjoyed, in spite of a few audio issues.  Deal with those on a regular basis with my work Zoom calls, internet in various areas can cause them.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phoenix_dream said:

I also love Alaska, but I started it a second time, got almost to the end and it blacked out and went back to the beginning. I refuse to watch it a third time. They can keep the points. 

2 hours ago, LGW59 said:

I watched it and thoroughly enjoyed, in spite of a few audio issues.  Deal with those on a regular basis with my work Zoom calls, internet in various areas can cause them.  

Since the issues only affected 'the boss,' I just viewed it as a Dilbert experience!!!

I really did enjoy the rest, and if we go back to Alaska I would like to include Icy Strait Point as a stop – all thanks to this webinar.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Both times the recording asked for my CC number.  Didn't lead to my getting the PUP the first time.  Who knows what will happen this time?  I'm not holding my breath.

I gave my CC# too and at the end it said I would be getting 5 points.  Yes, it was the recording, Jelayne.  We westcoasters were still sleeping when the registration started and filled in less than 30 minutes.  I did get in on the Alaska one though.

4 hours ago, TeaBag said:

I gave my CC# too and at the end it said I would be getting 5 points.  Yes, it was the recording, Jelayne.  We westcoasters were still sleeping when the registration started and filled in less than 30 minutes.  I did get in on the Alaska one though.

It didn't say that when I just finished watching then.  Just that it was over.  I hope we get the points as we both watched.

4 hours ago, TeaBag said:

We westcoasters were still sleeping when the registration started and filled in less than 30 minutes. 

We haven’t yet had the invitation in UK.

We were sent the invitation for the Apex webinar about 4 weeks after the US original version was aired.

2 hours ago, upwarduk said:

We haven’t yet had the invitation in UK.

We were sent the invitation for the Apex webinar about 4 weeks after the US original version was aired.

I emailed Captains Club webinars but was told I would have to wait until invited at a later date.

I cut and pasted the Apex Webinar from a CC post and played it after inserting my CC number. Did not receive the points! Eventually recieved the webinar invite to my email address and played it with volume off in the back ground.

Also asked Captains Club to link my wifes account. Informed she would need to do it separately. Unfortunately my wife has no interest in doing the PUP legwork. However she would be peeved to find I am Elite and she is not in two cruises time....... so I am doing them on her behalf too!

On 1/30/2021 at 4:56 AM, Suzi66 said:

Could anyone share the link so we can watch (and get the power-up points) as no emails come to our inbox at all.  We see that things have happened here or on the Book of Faces but seem to miss out.

I am not sure sharing the link will work for you.

I was annoyed I did not receive the invitation to the first webinar (Apex) when I read about it on this thread. I used a link that was copied and posted on here and I registered with my Captain's Club number and watched the recorded webinar. I did not receive the points.

I emailed Captain's Club UK asking why we members in the UK were not getting all the opportunities to earn PUP. The following week (14th January) an invitation was sent to UK Captain's Club members to complete the activity (several weeks after it was in the US). This was included with the link: "Note: This link should not be shared with others; it is unique to you."

19th January I got this email response from Captain's Club:

"Thank you for your email and please accept my apologies for the delay in my reply.

The Apex webinar in December was for our US Guests only as mentioned in your previous emails expressing your disappointment that this wasn't provided to our UK Guests.  Upon this feedback, from not only yourself but other Guests, the Apex webinar was provided to our UK database last week.  As such, the points from the December activity will not be credited to your account as this was not available to UK Guests at that time.  Once again, please accept my apologies for any continued disappointment my email may cause."

Do you have a branch of Captain's Club dedicated to Australian members? It may be worth contacting them. According to the reply I got from the UK branch they acted on feedback from myself and others to include us in this activity. It is annoying to think that it is necessary to write and ask to be treated the same across the board but that seems to be the way it is.

I wonder if others outside North America will get the chance to watch the Alaska recording of the webinar for another 5 PUP, or will I have to write again. I will keep my fingers crossed.

17 hours ago, RosieRoo said:

I also love Alaska, but I started it a second time, got almost to the end and it blacked out and went back to the beginning. I refuse to watch it a third time. They can keep the points. 

You don't really have to watch it, just run it. Start it up, turn down the volume and go do something else. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, patty1955 said:

You don't really have to watch it, just run it. Start it up, turn down the volume and go do something else. 

Thanks for the laugh, Patty.  You can't understand LLP anyway.  I think Celebrity should stop all this nonsense.  All it is doing is annoying people, including myself.

1 hour ago, TeaBag said:

Thanks for the laugh, Patty.  You can't understand LLP anyway.  I think Celebrity should stop all this nonsense.  All it is doing is annoying people, including myself.

Not annoying me in any way at all, I actually like it.  My "We can't Wait To Welcome You" card was very much appreciated even though it won't likely happen.  Keep up the good work Ms. Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, cannot wait to be on board Celebrity again!!!

14 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Not annoying me in any way at all, I actually like it.  My "We can't Wait To Welcome You" card was very much appreciated even though it won't likely happen.  Keep up the good work Ms. Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, cannot wait to be on board Celebrity again!!!

It was not annoying but this one actually put me to sleep. I woke up a few minutes ago and it was over. The Apex one was better. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, hawkesbaynz said:

I emailed Captains Club webinars but was told I would have to wait until invited at a later date.

I cut and pasted the Apex Webinar from a CC post and played it after inserting my CC number. Did not receive the points! Eventually recieved the webinar invite to my email address and played it with volume off in the back ground.

Also asked Captains Club to link my wifes account. Informed she would need to do it separately. Unfortunately my wife has no interest in doing the PUP legwork. However she would be peeved to find I am Elite and she is not in two cruises time....... so I am doing them on her behalf too!

Your a good husband!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, callofthewild said:

Can anyone provide some guidance with these Power up Points.  I've done several of these and have not seen any points added to my Point/Tiers?

Points will usually appear in your account around the middle of the month following when you earn them. They are not identified as Power up Points, but merely add to your total.  As it's now the end of a month, make a note of how many Celebrity points you have now, then check next month to see if your total has increased.