Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

5 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

We, in UK didn’t have the opportunity to watch the Alaska webinar. So, I guess we will be the ‘poor relations’ yet again, unable to earn the 50 PUP points.

I wouldn’t give up hope, X seems to do things by their own timetable. 😉

You'll probably get an opportunity to watch the recorded webinar for the points.

3 hours ago, upwarduk said:

We, in UK didn’t have the opportunity to watch the Alaska webinar. So, I guess we will be the ‘poor relations’ yet again, unable to earn the 50 PUP points.

It is really annoying to know there are activities not offered to all CC members.

When we, in the UK, didn't get the Apex webinar I watched via a link provided in this thread, but didn't receive the points. I contacted Captain's Club UK and was told this:

"The Apex webinar in December was for our US Guests only as mentioned in your previous emails expressing your disappointment that this wasn't provided to our UK Guests.  Upon this feedback, from not only yourself but other Guests, the Apex webinar was provided to our UK database last week. 

It seems we only got the Apex webinar activity after complaints. Now I have not received the Alaska one I have contacted Captain's Club UK again.

I suggest any aggrieved UK CC members need to do the same and write to (captainsclub.uk@celebritycruises.com) as it seems we only got the Apex webinar activity after complaints. Maybe if more people in the UK do this we will be offered the Alaska activity too. Those 50 PUP could make all the difference.

Edited by laslomas

4 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

Remember that the 50 PUP are 5 Captain’s Club points

And 5 CC points only reduces the days to the next level (in AQ) by 1.  But as this promotion goes on, many people will earn enough points to equal a cruise – not bad for taking the odd questionnaire or sitting through a boring webinar, especially when you've got nothing else to do these days!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

And 5 CC points only reduces the days to the next level (in AQ) by 1.  But as this promotion goes on, many people will earn enough points to equal a cruise – not bad for taking the odd questionnaire or sitting through a boring webinar, especially when you've got nothing else to do these days!

...and, after this last one, I will only be 1,977 points from Zenith!  So, if they keep offering these PUP opportunities, I will only have to sit through 395 more of these presentations to get there!!!

Of course, for those of you who are only a cruise or two away from Elite, it will help you get there faster...and, then, you will get:

Free cocktails before dinner!  No, wait...from here on in everyone will get a drink package included in the price...so...nevermind...

But, you will get some FREE internet minutes...No, wait....from here on in everyone will get a wifi package included in the price....so...nevermind...

Oh, yes, you will get the right to forgo the full hot breakfast in the MDR and instead eat a mostly cold continental breakfast in a smaller venue...

And, of course, you will get one free bag of laundry...but, of course, that must be turned in prior to the third day from the end of the cruise...So, if it's not a long cruise, make sure to pack your dirty laundry to take along!

Can't wait to get those points so you can get to Elite, huh?  Or, are you already there?  Maybe you can use the PUPs to get to Elite Plus?  Then, you get TWO bags of laundry!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bruin Steve said:

...and, after this last one, I will only be 1,977 points from Zenith!  So, if they keep offering these PUP opportunities, I will only have to sit through 395 more of these presentations to get there!!!

Of course, you have no idea how much time you will spend on the phone, (having sat through the 395 presentations), or writing emails and completing customer service reviews for the points you didn't receive after watching the webinar.  That has to be taken into account too.  You're definitely going to be a very busy boy!

Thank you soooo much for this needed laugh today.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, laslomas said:

It is really annoying to know there are activities not offered to all CC members.

When we, in the UK, didn't get the Apex webinar I watched via a link provided in this thread, but didn't receive the points. I contacted Captain's Club UK and was told this:

"The Apex webinar in December was for our US Guests only as mentioned in your previous emails expressing your disappointment that this wasn't provided to our UK Guests.  Upon this feedback, from not only yourself but other Guests, the Apex webinar was provided to our UK database last week. 

It seems we only got the Apex webinar activity after complaints. Now I have not received the Alaska one I have contacted Captain's Club UK again.

I suggest any aggrieved UK CC members need to do the same and write to (captainsclub.uk@celebritycruises.com) as it seems we only got the Apex webinar activity after complaints. Maybe if more people in the UK do this we will be offered the Alaska activity too. Those 50 PUP could make all the difference.

Celebrity makes the rules and is under no obligation to make the same offer to all Captain's Club members. Complain, hassle them and take up their time and they might simply end giving out power up points.

They could end the Captain's Club or change the loyalty levels at their whim at any. They have done that in the past. A  bunch of years ago they changed the points when I was about one cruise short of Elite. I had to wait a couple of more cruises to reach Elite.

And it could all be for naught anyway. Royal Caribbean is in a precarious situation. They are scrapping and selling ships  They sold the Azamara brand.  

These points could be for nothing anyway. Royal Caribbean is in a precarious 

Or you could watch a webinar and get no points, none promised; like Viking TV.  Although I must admit most of Viking's have been somewhat interesting and even the audio has been (mostly) understandable.  But still, no points for anything.

56 minutes ago, islandwoman said:

Or you could watch a webinar and get no points, none promised; like Viking TV.  Although I must admit most of Viking's have been somewhat interesting and even the audio has been (mostly) understandable.  But still, no points for anything.

I've never been able to get Viking TV to work.

Sit. Stay. roll over. Jump through this hoop.  If you are in the UK, hop on one foot.  Get five PUP points.

So other than the very few who are close to the next level...what difference at this point does PUP make?  With the AI program or Suite Life diminishing Elite and Elite+ benefits, what's the use?

Anyone heard of Ivan Petrovich Pavlov? PUP reminds me of his dog experiments. And there's the circle back.  Here's your treat.  🤣

Edited by ChucktownSteve

Howdy all!  emo22.gif

The off-topic posts on the Captain’s Club Power Up Points thread regarding PVSA/Jones Act have been split out to their own thread and are now on the Ask a Cruise Question forum. The thread is Someone who understands the Jones Act...  and has been closed. As mentioned before, there are other existing threads for the topic.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2770424-the-jones-act/

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2746701-could-lifting-the-jones-act-be-a-help-in-this-mess/

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2762370-a-pvsa-question/

Host Kat emo32.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Bruin Steve said:

Of course, for those of you who are only a cruise or two away from Elite, it will help you get there faster...and, then, you will get:

Free cocktails before dinner!  No, wait...from here on in everyone will get a drink package included in the price...so...nevermind...

But, you will get some FREE internet minutes...No, wait....from here on in everyone will get a wifi package included in the price....so...nevermind...

Oh, yes, you will get the right to forgo the full hot breakfast in the MDR and instead eat a mostly cold continental breakfast in a smaller venue...

And, of course, you will get one free bag of laundry...but, of course, that must be turned in prior to the third day from the end of the cruise...So, if it's not a long cruise, make sure to pack your dirty laundry to take along!

Can't wait to get those points so you can get to Elite, huh?  Or, are you already there?  Maybe you can use the PUPs to get to Elite Plus?  Then, you get TWO bags of laundry!!!

I think you forgot Priority Boarding.....never mind, they've eliminated Priority Boarding in a post covid world.

12 hours ago, ChucktownSteve said:

Sit. Stay. roll over. Jump through this hoop.  If you are in the UK, hop on one foot.  Get five PUP points.

So other than the very few who are close to the next level...what difference at this point does PUP make?  With the AI program or Suite Life diminishing Elite and Elite+ benefits, what's the use?

Anyone heard of Ivan Petrovich Pavlov? PUP reminds me of his dog experiments. And there's the circle back.  Here's your treat.  🤣

It is a diversion that occupys lockdown time. I like the quizzes they have had and the Apex video reminded me of wanting someday to cruise again. I don't do the social media stuff. I am Elite + and so far from Zenith that I don't even check to see if the points were awarded!

5 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I think you forgot Priority Boarding.....never mind, they've eliminated Priority Boarding in a post covid world.

I figured that saves me 3 to 5 minutes time and sometimes I noticed passengers that were in the regular line got through ahead of me. The benefit that has often benefited me is priority tendering. That has saved me many lines and waiting.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I figured that saves me 3 to 5 minutes time and sometimes I noticed passengers that were in the regular line got through ahead of me. The benefit that has often benefited me is priority tendering. That has saved me many lines and waiting.

Absolutely the best benefit

22 hours ago, Bruin Steve said:

Captains Club is being changed and the perks will change

• Haha 1

From Celebrity's original announcement of the 'Always Included' pricing:

“Always Included” is available for all new bookings on any of Celebrity’s cruise offerings, excluding Galapagos holidays. As part of its new approach, Celebrity has also re-invented its loyalty program to offer Captain’s Club members new perks and special onboard experiences.

12 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

If Celebrity has reinvented the loyalty program, they have certainly kept it a secret.😊

They're just builiding anticipation before announcing that...

We all get a second scoop of gelato! Woo hoo!

• Haha 1