Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

8 minutes ago, Schmoe38 said:

Heather

Unless you have not done any of the previous Power Up Points activities, you may not get over the threshold on this one. As mentioned previously, this is an opportunity for those cruisers who have not yet earned any Power Up Points.

If you have previously earned PUPs, I’m not sure there is anything preventing you from completing the quiz, just resist the temptation to call Captain’s Club if the points don’t get credited.

If you haven’t yet earned points right from the comfort of your own home, here’s your chance. Simply read the above section about our Europe 2022 season and then click “Take Quiz” to take a short quiz. You’ll earn 20 Power Up Points (2 Club Points) for answering the questions correctly. Be sure to submit your answers by March 3.

Randy

As I read this, it's not restricted to people who haven't earned Power Up points.  I read this as an invitation to people that might not have been aware of the Power Up points.  I fully expect to see my 2 points added to my point total next month.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, hvbaskey said:

Ahhhhh VERY good point - thank you Randy!  the details *are* in the fine print.  

I may have just wait another month for the next activity! - we’re “one point” away 🍹

Heather

It looks like the same instructions can leave themselves open to different interpretations.

It may be worthwhile covering as many bases as possible by completing the quiz.

I’m going to complete it with the expectation that we will not receive the points, but will be pleasantly surprised if we get them.

Randy

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Schmoe38 said:

Heather

It looks like the same instructions can leave themselves open to different interpretations.

It may be worthwhile covering as many bases as possible by completing the quiz.

I’m going to complete it with the expectation that we will not receive the points, but will be pleasantly surprised if we get them.

Randy

Yes!  same here.   We completed the quiz with no expectations.  It will be a pleasant surprise, if awarded 🙂

1 hour ago, Schmoe38 said:

Heather

Unless you have not done any of the previous Power Up Points activities, you may not get over the threshold on this one. As mentioned previously, this is an opportunity for those cruisers who have not yet earned any Power Up Points.

If you have previously earned PUPs, I’m not sure there is anything preventing you from completing the quiz, just resist the temptation to call Captain’s Club if the points don’t get credited.

If you haven’t yet earned points right from the comfort of your own home, here’s your chance. Simply read the above section about our Europe 2022 season and then click “Take Quiz” to take a short quiz. You’ll earn 20 Power Up Points (2 Club Points) for answering the questions correctly. Be sure to submit your answers by March 3.

Randy

Randy,  I believe it is trying to get new participants into the PUP game not be restricted to them by that sentence.  After I participated it told me I had answered them correctly and will be awarded the points.  I have participated before.

Edited by ChucktownSteve
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Host Kat said:

It is in the Captain's Club newsletter, From the Bridge. https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/newsletter/exclusive-captains-club-newsletter-february-2021

Read the Europe info, click the Take Quiz button.

image.png.b3b16a64ed493c289a89027be7b39c61.png

16 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Here's the link to the actual survey: https://pages.email.celebritycruises.com/EarnPointsSurvey

Thank you very much!

It is very helpful to get the links to PUP activities for people for me who somehow never get an email even though they registered multiple times.

Very appreciated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ChucktownSteve said:

I meant not about something to do but what's the benefit of the Elite+ goal with the new AI as commented on ad nauseam in other threads. lol

I agree with you.  Elite + does not provide me with any additional benefits that I would typically use during a cruise.  I don't do laundry, go to the Spa, buy the Premium Package or go to Specialty Dining.  

25 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I saw that sentence about new participants, but it took my CC number just fine and told me I had qualified at the end.  So it is open to everyone, no worries.

When I first opened the information about Europe, there was a space for my C.C number. I read the information and then opened the quiz section for a second time. This time, by C.C had been inserted, so there was no need for me to put it in. I have done PUP activities in the past, so conclude it’s not only for new participants. 

1 hour ago, ChucktownSteve said:

I meant not about something to do but what's the benefit of the Elite+ goal with the new AI as commented on ad nauseam in other threads. lol

Extra laundry!    we prefer to travel “carry on” only - so whoo hooo!   LOL!

Also - will see how the internet plays out.  E+ has 240 streaming while AI is the SURF.
The big ? (TBD) is that can we stream the first 240 and then get the lesser SURF after that?  or do they run parallel?   Do I get SURF and the 240 streaming minutes?

Will see 🛥️

Edited by hvbaskey

54 minutes ago, hvbaskey said:

🛥️

Traveling with carry-on only works fine for short cruises, but unless you're fond of washing your clothes in the sink and waiting for them to dry in the shower, when instead you could be enjoying the cruise, for a long cruise or a B2B, free laundry is a great benefit.

• Like 4

I saw the link posted here last night and didn't receive the email. I was going to go back to it this morning and complete it and put in my Captains Club #. This morning DH and I both received emails with dedicated links that had each of our Captains Club #s already entered when we clicked Take Quiz. Strange, that ours came later but we did the quiz and took screen shots of our completed entries. We should each be getting 7 more points with this activity and the steak cook by March 14th. Thanks for the heads up! I always know each time there's a new PUP activity because of a flurry or activity on this thread.

13 hours ago, hvbaskey said:

Thank you so much for pointing out that the Quiz was at the bottom of the newsletter.  I would have missed that without following this thread!   Those 20 PUP points puts us over the threshold to Elite Plus 🐳

I think perhaps some of the others on this thread that say they aren't getting them just may not be reading the whole email. Nothing in the header about it being Power Up, only the CC newsletter. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, islandwoman said:

Traveling with carry-on only works fine for short cruises, but unless you're fond of washing your clothes in the sink and waiting for them to dry in the shower, when instead you could be enjoying the cruise, for a long cruise or a B2B, free laundry is a great benefit.

Yes, agreed!   we always used our “one bag of laundry” each (very efficiently, of course) and now 2 bags each is a great benefit when you travel carry-on only.   

Edited by hvbaskey

1 hour ago, hvbaskey said:

Also - will see how the internet plays out.  E+ has 240 streaming while AI is the SURF.
The big ? (TBD) is that can we stream the first 240 and then get the lesser SURF after that?  or do they run parallel?   Do I get SURF and the 240 streaming minutes?

Will see 🛥️

240 or a discount on unlimited. You don't need streaming unless you are doing Netflix. I bought a CC discounted unlimited surf because the last sailing was 11 days and 240 would not have been enough. I was doing FaceTime calls with Surf.

42 minutes ago, islandwoman said:

I only do underwear T shirts and socks with the free laundry. They must dump it all in at the highest heatn as they damged a few shirts. The laundry that I pay for they don't damage and the shirts come back on hangers, not folded.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

240 or a discount on unlimited. You don't need streaming unless you are doing Netflix. I bought a CC discounted unlimited surf because the last sailing was 11 days and 240 would not have been enough. I was doing FaceTime calls with Surf.

Yes, the perk for E+ is that, I was just wondering how it will be applied now that the “All Inclusive” (AI) promo includes SURF for everyone.   Will the E+ streaming perk still be available (for streaming vs. internet) and then will you only have SURF ?  or will we have access to both?  240 streaming and unlimited SURF (via AI).

just something to chin wag about since there is nothing else to do in the pandemic - LOL

Received the News Letter this morning in my junk mail. I took the quiz through the email, and my Captains Club number appeared in the link. However, if I noticed that if I clicked on "Take the Quiz" from the page about the European sailings, there was a blank to enter the CC#. 

Nice way to dream about cruising again on a very soggy February morning in Texas.