Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

19 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Elite get 30% off package or Upgrade, E+ 35%

Full chart on X website outlines all benefits.  The  screenshot is highlights of Elite benefits.7121EE47-7537-4A74-AA8C-215B378BA7EF.thumb.png.9becfca1998ba2f423c930f1a447899a.png

Very interesting with the option of “upgrade”.   I have missed that statement in the past (or maybe it is new with the current AI program).

Our next cruise I was wondering if we would have access to 240 minutes of streaming service and then the remainder of the cruise, we would use the unlimited SURF (included in AI).   

BUT!  now I see that maybe we can just upgrade from SURF to Streaming right from the get go!

Thank you for sharing this 🌻

1 hour ago, hvbaskey said:

Very interesting with the option of “upgrade”.   I have missed that statement in the past (or maybe it is new with the current AI program).

Our next cruise I was wondering if we would have access to 240 minutes of streaming service and then the remainder of the cruise, we would use the unlimited SURF (included in AI).   

BUT!  now I see that maybe we can just upgrade from SURF to Streaming right from the get go!

Thank you for sharing this 🌻

Right now this all seems like putting the cart before the horse! 

8 hours ago, hvbaskey said:

Same here.  In addition, even with drinks packages (around for ages) - we enjoy attending the Captain’s Club Happy Hour to chit chat and socialize.   Its even more special when you have a great host/ess that attends as well (e.g., Graham is very interactive).

There are benefits which are not necessarily tangible - but make the cruise more enjoyable 💫

Agree. We have always enjoyed the evening CC HH. We would only go up to the Sky Lounge for a drink or two before heading down to the MDR (SD) for our 6:00PM reservation. We also have been getting the CBP long before cruising stopped in 2020. 

3 minutes ago, GerScot said:

Just received it. You need to take a video or upload a photo telling of your Celebrity experience. Not for me!

Is it limited to a shipboard experience or can it include other Celebrity experiences such as dealing with their website, PowerUp Points exercises, etc?

• Haha 1

I called Captains Club on Saturday about our missing PUPs from last month. They told me to send an email, which I did, containing screenshots proving we completed the activity,  and our Captains, Club numbers.  To date the only response I've received is a customer service survey about the phone call. Just sayin'.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Luvcrusn said:

I called Captains Club on Saturday about our missing PUPs from last month. They told me to send an email, which I did, containing screenshots proving we completed the activity,  and our Captains, Club numbers.  To date the only response I've received is a customer service survey about the phone call. Just sayin'.....

We had to prove participation on one earlier PUP activity.  There was no acknowledgement of our proof, but we did get the points in the next month's distribution.

32 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

We had to prove participation on one earlier PUP activity.  There was no acknowledgement of our proof, but we did get the points in the next month's distribution.

Thats good to hear. We've had to do this same thing twice before and both times we first received an email acknowledging receipt of our email and then another email saying the points would be awarded the following month!

Simple uploaded a drink I ordered from the Martini Bar one day and a blurb.  All set and thankyou everyone who needs to tell us you are not doing it, I find that useful information overall.  Overall I will be at elite plus now on my next cruise if it happens in Nov.  Will see not holding my breath but have a back up plan for an AI if need be.  

• Like 2

It’s been over a year, a long year, since any of us cruised.  I could not possibly remember a crew member’s name or action from our last cruise on the Edge that returned to Ft. Lauderdale on January 26, 2020.  We could not have dreamed what was about to happen to cruising just several weeks later.   I really, really wanted to do this activity as we need only two more points to give us Elite status.  I had been thinking I’d do whatever to get those two points, even post to Facebook.   But unfortunately they came up with an impossible one.  

7 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

No instagram, no Facebook.  Pass.

You don't need either of those, just make a recording with your phone and send it to Celebrity by using the link provided in the email.  No public posting required.

5 minutes ago, joetop2467 said:

It’s been over a year, a long year, since any of us cruised.  I could not possibly remember a crew member’s name or action from our last cruise on the Edge that returned to Ft. Lauderdale on January 26, 2020.  We could not have dreamed what was about to happen to cruising just several weeks later.   I really, really wanted to do this activity as we need only two more points to give us Elite status.  I had been thinking I’d do whatever to get those two points, even post to Facebook.   But unfortunately they came up with an impossible one.  

It's not that hard, just tell a story of good service that someone gave you.  You don't need to remember their name... for example, "our waiter made a special effort to get me XXXXX even though it wasn't on the menu that night because he knew I liked it so much"  This one is really pretty simple and doesn't require any public posting or research for a quiz.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, garyl62 said:

It's not that hard, just tell a story of good service that someone gave you.  You don't need to remember their name... for example, "our waiter made a special effort to get me XXXXX even though it wasn't on the menu that night because he knew I liked it so much"  This one is really pretty simple and doesn't require any public posting or research for a quiz.

This was the easiest 2 points thus far.  Drag and drop a photo into the square, add a caption, enter your name / # in next screen and  

prefer this to the past social shares 👍

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Gosh, wouldn’t it be funny to upload a video of their webinar when the sound was all goofy?

I found it interesting they went into great detail with suggestions for getting a quality video.   "Do as we say not as we do".

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, timf2001 said:

I'm up to 31 points now and have yet to set foot on a Celebrity ship.  Unfortunately, that rules out the latest points offer for me.

Not necessarily,  Record a video of yourself talking about your wonderful booking experience 😉 and that you're looking forward to your first cruise.  I'm sure you'd get the points. 

Edited by doodlefan
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, garyl62 said:

You don't need either of those, just make a recording with your phone and send it to Celebrity by using the link provided in the email.  No public posting required.

Probably the quickest one. It just took time for this senior brain to think of a photo that I could use, that involved a member of staff. I found that last night, took a screen shot and uploaded it this morning. I took the screen shot, as I would have had to scroll through too many photos, as it was July 2018, when we last sailed on a Celebrity ship.