New Cancellations as of 6-11-20

I was booked for a b2b baltic/norway cruise this august out of copenhagen.    Here is the latest round of cancellations from RCL website.    Some of this may be old but I snipped this portion for everyone.    Same cancellation policies in place (full refund, FCC at 125% or Lift & Shift)

image.thumb.png.225784e6def00b7b422c315495ebd191.png

1 minute ago, Merion_Mom said:

Yes.   When there are treatments and a vaccine.

Oh so it won't be in August 2020 as some on here think ?  lol

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

I believe, I believe lol. Will that help?

Local news says stock market sold off because of the rise in cases and hospitalizations. Dallas hitting records day after day, I think they said 348 hospitalized just in dallas. 

Idk how positive that is for cruising soon. I heard 70 covid testing sites burned and thought maybe that might make number of positives go down if less testing, but nope. I dont see this as positive for cruising in a month or so, but crossing my fingers.

20200611_182956619.jpeg

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I believe, I believe lol. Will that help?

Local news says stock market sold off because of the rise in cases and hospitalizations. Dallas hitting records day after day, I think they said 348 hospitalized just in dallas. 

Idk how positive that is for cruising soon. I heard 70 covid testing sites burned and thought maybe that might make number of positives go down if less testing, but nope. I dont see this as positive for cruising in a month or so, but crossing my fingers.

20200611_182956619.jpeg

Not surprised Dallas getting spike in cases. All the schools in DFW area going to Arlington for HS graduations.

instructions for graduation - masks mandatory and temp checks on way in. Well they did enforce for the 650 students, but not for the 650 families (5 attendees permitted per student)

less than 10% of families attending were wearing masks and whilst you couldn’t sit next to another family they could sit one seat behind you🤔

this was 2 weeks ago.

Edited by Spurschick
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I was booked for a b2b baltic/norway cruise this august out of copenhagen.    Here is the latest round of cancellations from RCL website.    Some of this may be old but I snipped this portion for everyone.    Same cancellation policies in place (full refund, FCC at 125% or Lift & Shift)

image.thumb.png.225784e6def00b7b422c315495ebd191.png

We're due to sail on Spectrum OTS 6th September.  Final payment due 22nd June.  They'll no doubt wait until after that day before cancelling,  I'm going to have to settle for a FCC if I even get that.  I'm definitely not paying them nearly £4000 that will take me months to recoup!  It's all quite shocking and cynical, really.

Edited by welwyngirl
  • Like 1

We will not be cruising, as we knew it, for a long time, too many variables and unknowns.

I have had 3 cruises cancelled this year and I’m preparing in my head for the cancellation of the 7 for next year.

I fear the new norm is a 3 day cruise with a stop at Coco Cay, maybe starting in November at the earliest.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, welwyngirl said:

It's all quite shocking and cynical, really.

RCI cancelling inside final US payment (typically 90 days) has been going on for months - nothing new or shocking about that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

RCI cancelling inside final US payment (typically 90 days) has been going on for months - nothing new or shocking about that.

The good news (if there is any) is that according to the post-cruise desk they're processing the paid-in-full refunds ahead of the FCCs.

Now that Denmark has announced closure of their cruise terminals for 2020 it will be interesting to see what other European countries do.    Jewel OTS sailings all being cancelled for July/August looks like she moves to Spain and Italy for September/October sailings of 10 nights or more then the TA for November.    Time will tell...

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Think there must be a problem with semantics here.  I meant they are cancelling AFTER final payment date.  I'm in the UK so unfamiliar with US payment terms.  I still think it's wrong they they take payment with (sometimes) the full knowledge that the cruise won't happen.  I can't imagine many cruises taking place for some time.  There are currently no known vaccines or treatments for Covid-19.  You'll no doubt correct me if you know better!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Now that Denmark has announced closure of their cruise terminals for 2020 it will be interesting to see what other European countries do.    Jewel OTS sailings all being cancelled for July/August looks like she moves to Spain and Italy for September/October sailings of 10 nights or more then the TA for November.    Time will tell...

Supposed be on Nov Jewel TA. Except for last week she's been in Med for 2 months. Still almost 6 months away, lot can happen. Been watching her movements, counting days, hoping

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, welwyngirl said:

I meant they are cancelling AFTER final payment date. 

Inside final payment = after final payment. Again, RCI requiring final payment on sailings which they know won't sail has been going on for months.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Inside final payment = after final payment. Again, RCI requiring final payment on sailings which they know won't sail has been going on for months.

Maybe.  It's still cynical and not a great long-term business decision.

21 minutes ago, welwyngirl said:

Maybe.  It's still cynical and not a great long-term business decision.

They have gotten better - when Canada and Denmark closed their ports, RCI cancelled the affected sailings within days. 

2 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Supposed be on Nov Jewel TA. Except for last week she's been in Med for 2 months. Still almost 6 months away, lot can happen. Been watching her movements, counting days, hoping

I would be very surprised if they would start up cruises with a TA. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

We are all keeping so many fingers crossed for so many cruises. It will be very hard to unwind the fingers and use our hands when cruises finally sail.

Are you also on the Brilliance repo to Tampa?

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

I would be very surprised if they would start up cruises with a TA. 

My hope, Might do EU Cruise before as still scheduled and still in EU and has to return to US last week on Nov staying for at least next 18 months. Not that matters, have 12 Cruises Booked Nov2020-Nov2021, planned and can spare a few. Like said it's  6 months, a long way off

Edited by ONECRUISER

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

We are all keeping so many fingers crossed for so many cruises. It will be very hard to unwind the fingers and use our hands when cruises finally sail.

Are you also on the Brilliance repo to Tampa?

Nope, was taking this yr off.  Booked 10 and 11 nite in Nov on Vision, Corner/Aft Cabin. Followed with Jewel TA end of Nov, was really cheap even Air. But scheduled do both 2021 Brilliance Repos next yr,  to Boston and from Boston... Supposed be my first TA

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

Here is an article I saw online today listing the various countries and when they will re-open and who they will allow in.    Doesn't look favorable for europe / med cruises to happen this summer.    but everything changes week by week.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/12/which-countries-are-open-for-summer-travel-after-coronavirus.html