Carnival just sold 6 ships is Holland next??

Thank you for posting that picture.  There is NO clock.  It is the organ.  Sorry for the mistake but you know, I can't remember everything because I am one of those senior citizens who loves my HAL ships and itineraries.  

So, for now are we still safe with the Zaandam?   We plan on embarking on that ship next year in July in Boston!!

On 6/19/2020 at 2:04 PM, SeaHunt said:

I believe them, but for some reason MY mind can't go there 😄 Boredom on a World Cruise? It says "can not compute, can not compute" LOL.

Ditto!  How can anybody be bored on a World Cruise?  We were on the  Amsterdam's 89-day Grand Asia in 2018.   Boredom was not a problem.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

I think it is the Volendam, I noticed  the atrium photos.

<snip>

The Zaandam has that huge organ.

<snip>

I'm probably in the minority with this particular crowd and I certainly don't mean to insult anyone's tastes, but those pictures look old and gaudy to me, and it's yet another reason I would never sail on those old ships.  JMHO.

1 hour ago, S&B said:

Thank you for posting that picture.  There is NO clock.  It is the organ.  Sorry for the mistake but you know, I can't remember everything because I am one of those senior citizens who loves my HAL ships and itineraries.  

So, for now are we still safe with the Zaandam?   We plan on embarking on that ship next year in July in Boston!!

🙂Amsterdam has the clock.

• Like 1

Oh, this is bad!!!  I was on the Amsterdam for 56 days and I don't remember any clock.    Tampa Girl, you were on the 2018 Grand Asia as we were also.  Some days you had to pick and choose what to do because it was so busy.   But everybody to their own liking.  That is what makes the world go around!!

• Like 3

I am not sure that the photos in that web site ad are actually meant to be a specific ship.  I saw discrepancies that make it difficult to know if the photos (which I think are old) are of Volendam, Zaandam, or Maasdam.

5 hours ago, S&B said:

Oh this is sad!!   Ruth, we were just on the Zaandam and are booked for the Voyage of the Viking in 2021 but as I look at the pictures I do not see the picture of the beautiful clock in the atrium.  I do not recognize that picture they show.   Could this be the Volendam instead?  I am hoping so as we loved going to watch the clock every noon.  

5 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

I think it is the Volendam, I noticed  the atrium photos.

I never saw any pictures of the inside, so went strictly by the funnel. The two ships, Volendam and Zaandam have the same funnel, and none of the other ships in the fleet have a funnel the same as theirs. Based on that alone, it could be either ship. 
Of course, you are right that the Zaandam has the organ in the Atrium. 

On 6/20/2020 at 8:50 AM, echoshipmate said:

We are 4* on HAL and Elite on Princess and both are our go to lines. It amazes me that people don't seem to appreciate the differences between the two. Both are wonderful, providing great but different experiences, isn't it ok to love 2 different flavors of ice cream without looking down your nose at one? Princess way out does HAL is some ways and HAL way out does Princess in others. Just enjoy and appreciate the differences instead of arguing about which is better, these times call for more open-mindedness not less.

Amen! From your lips to God's ear.

On 6/21/2020 at 9:22 AM, FredT said:

LOL....  Conversely, my wife and I could not care LESS about entertainment and shows.  It is a rare evening that we  make it to the show lounge.  Now where "activities" are concerned (Talking here about "enrichment" type activities, not the Hairiest man contest or limbo competitions)   HAL trumps Princess hands down. (IMHO)    

But it is the varied itineraries and more unusual ports that get us every time.   And while not exclusive to HAL (Our last cruise was a 21 day Mideast on NCL... GREAT cruise, marred only by Covid concerns that grew daily) HAL does seem to do it better than their other mass market brethren. 

Oh yeah, demographically we are "just" on the cusp of being "retired"  but not quite there yet.  

That is us! I have attended two shows in twenty plus cruises, my wife? None. Just not our thing. 

• Like 1

Petronilus....I do not understand those who take all this cruise line loyalty business to the nth degree and take it personally.  We had cruises on multiple lines.  They have always been very good.  Some different, some better than others....but all good.

On one of our Carnival cruises we sat with a lady who went to great pains to inform us that she was a 'HAL' cruiser and that the Carnival cruise was just a 'one off'.   She seemed to think it was some badge of honor.   I started to smile but did not want to look at DW in case I started to laugh.   If she thought that she was impressing us nothing could have been further from the truth since we don't care.

Edited by iancal
  • Like 2

Be careful with drawing too many conclusions when looking at Yachtworld.

LOTS of vessel are for sale if the right price is offered.

Carnival Inspiration is for sale on that site, as is Volendam, but both are vessels that are amongst the youngest of their fleet types and in good condition. Obviously, because of this fact, the value is higher, but mostly. The oldest ladies are offered for sale first.

I personally would love to sail Volendam.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Despegue said:

Be careful with drawing too many conclusions when looking at Yachtworld.

LOTS of vessel are for sale if the right price is offered.

Carnival Inspiration is for sale on that site, as is Volendam, but both are vessels that are amongst the youngest of their fleet types and in good condition. Obviously, because of this fact, the value is higher, but mostly. The oldest ladies are offered for sale first.

I personally would love to sail Volendam.

Hope " Manneke Pis " is wearing a mask now  ?

BTW we loved the Volendam specially when Captain Christopher Turner , since retired , was on her ! 

Ton

• Like 1