DISCOVERY PRINCESS - CURRENT STATUS??

PoohUnderstands

Sorry... but just looking at what is happening around the world..... 

over a year worth of princess passenger number have died......

Honestly...... there are enough Cruise ship slowly rusting.....

We don't need any more ships at the moment.....

and as a side point the government in Australia is saying

international boarders closed until mid 2022......

Almost 20 years ago we were scheduled to do the Panama Canal Cruise on the Brand New Coral Princess.  It was scheduled to cross the Atlantic several weeks before the cruise.  We watched as the ship's crossing was delayed several times, until Carnival informed us that we were to be the first cruise of the ship, after it arrived.

Several weeks before the Cruise, Carnival notified us of a further delay, and our cruise was cancelled. 

I have a hunch that this will happen again.

By the way...we booked Carnival Pride at the last minute...had a fantastic time. 

3 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

Hope you are correct, we are booked on the 50 Day, Ft Lauderdale to LA, on January 6th.  If it's cancelled, it would be our 8th cancelled cruise!

And I hope you are not correct...we're supposed to be sailing November 24th.

1 hour ago, taznremmy said:

I am being optimistic that if any cruises on the Discovery are cancelled, it will be the earlier cruises, and the 11/17/21 TA may end up being the inaugural cruise.  🤞

That would be wonderful!  We join the ship on the 24th.

11 hours ago, Gretchendz said:

So I did reach out to a Princess contact of mine who said that should be an announcement--or at least more information to TAs-next week.  Stay patient and hopeful 🙂

Sounds good.  I'm trying to stay patient and I'm definitely hopeful, but with all the FCCs I am concerned about the scramble if some of these Discovery sailings are cancelled.  I have the New Year itinerary booked and I really like the islands.  I'd rather not go to another ship or itinerary, assuming I could find one. 

• Like 1

Just was checking the price on our December Discovery cruise.  The website has no cruises on Discovery available until March of 2022.  Oh well, maybe we will look at another ship or line.  Princess is good with having refundable deposits.   

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dar & Bob said:

Just was checking the price on our December Discovery cruise.  The website has no cruises on Discovery available until March of 2022.  Oh well, maybe we will look at another ship or line.  Princess is good with having refundable deposits.   

yep, same for us ... of course our cruises still show in the Personalizer , but then so does our April 18, 2021 cruise that was recently ( 1/6? ) cancelled

bummer ... that might be the dagger ...

Edited by voljeep

Just received cancellation notice for the November TA. Just getting a refund of the deposit or $15 per person if we book another cruise.

We also have cruises booked in March 2022 on the West Coast. They are still a go, for now. Was hoping they would also be cancelled.

Edited by Geoffa30

Just got three emails canceling my cruise on Discovery Princess scheduled for Nov 3- Nov 24 due to deployment changes. Still have one more cruise booked on the Discovery Princess for January 24, 2022  that was not part of the flurry of cancellation notices.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Geoffa30 said:

Just received cancellation notice for the November TA. Just getting a refund of the deposit or $15 per person if we book another cruise.

well, that seals the deal on our 2 December cruises on Discovery in the Caribbean

waiting on the email(s) to make it "official" I guess

2 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

I would take a switch to the Regal over a cancelation...

maybe - we booked it as the US Inaugural on Discovery - 4 day 1 port - Grand Turk .. which we enjoy just walking down to Jack's Shack and hanging out ( RIP Topher ... )

• Like 1

This is what it says for the 50 day cancellation:

IMPORTANT NOTICES
VOYAGE CANCELLATION - DISCOVERY PRINCESS
Please be advised that due to deployment changes, your Discovery Princess voyage has been cancelled. Guests who choose to rebook on to any other sailing will receive an onboard credit of USD $15 per person (credit applies to first two guests on the booking; replacement cruise must be booked by July 31, 2021). Guests who do not choose to rebook on another cruise within 30 days will be refunded to the original form of payment.

We sincerely apologize for any disappointment this cancellation may cause and look forward to welcoming you aboard another Princess cruise in the future.
Edited by taznremmy

My 2021 Dec 9 Itinerary was changed from Discovery Princess to Regal Princess. I'm OK with that. I do have to check with my cruisin' buddy and see what happened to our rooms. We had two that were close enough (same deck, 5 or 6 rooms apart, she needed more wheelchair accessible room for her mom.)

Edited by CruiseMrB

12 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Thanks for sharing. I expect further cancellations / changes will follow as I cannot see the ship miraculously getting from Italy to California by March 22 if it’s only going to launch in spring 22. Do you think a further press release is imminent?