How about a Celebrity Exclusive Land Hotel?

yellowhat

In  these days time is hard to follow...weeks turn into months, etc. So..imagine if Celebrity took over an exclusive holiday address with their X standards, food, drink packages,24 hour customer desk,  spa, etc.  Hundreds of X dedicated customers have thousands of $ in FCC that they may never use (due to age, health, cruise future, etc)...imagine X Customers arriving at the airport.(.after getting pre=Tested.at their departure )then proceeding  to the exclusive resort for 10..14 days..Yes it could be years before any board a X Boat..so in the meantime wouldn't it be fun to eat, MSBC, drink, feel secure in all sense of security..that's my time of holiday..that's why I have sailed in X the past 14 years..secure,,calm and cool

So you've basically described a 4-5* AI resort. They already exist,  and many in the Caribbean  are now opening up to pax arriving by air (many requiring COVID  tests). However,  no matter where it's located, it all depends on whether you could even get there, depending on your passport. 

• Like 2

If I want to stay at a resort, I'll pick one with a proven track record and good reputation. Celebrity knows about as much about running a successful AI as Sandals' management knows about running a cruise line.

• Like 4

Maybe they could  dock  a ship  at Labadee. Maybe Reflection...good  ship, nice beach, places to play and nice water excursions.

Think outside the box!

8 hours ago, GateGuardian said:

At this point, it may be a better idea to just build up a travel website and let people use their FCC for other vacations (hotels, flights) and just take a commission to generate revenue.

I like that option!

On 7/20/2020 at 2:48 AM, hcat said:

Maybe they could  dock  a ship  at Labadee. Maybe Reflection...good  ship, nice beach, places to play and nice water excursions.

Think outside the box!

I like that one.

when can we go?

On 7/19/2020 at 8:48 PM, hcat said:

Think outside the box!

But that Labadee airport, it's primitive. 

Of course you could fly into Port Au Prince and take a transport for the 5 or 6 hour trip to Labadee. 

Maybe we better get a bigger box, cause I ain't flying into Haiti.

18 hours ago, ORV said:

But that Labadee airport, it's primitive. 

Of course you could fly into Port Au Prince and take a transport for the 5 or 6 hour trip to Labadee. 

Maybe we better get a bigger box, cause I ain't flying into Haiti.

I don't think Haiti is excluding Americans at this point but that might become a factor in the future if arriving by ship or air.

https://www.voanews.com/covid-19-pandemic/haiti-reopens-international-airports-borders-amid-pandemic

Edited by TeeRick