If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

Their choice.  They're a private business.  I'm all for private businesses making their own decisions, and their customers making theirs.  Virgin isn't, however, in the same category as RCCL.  I'm betting their current decision to cruise vax-only is a test -- so those who want to cruise vax-only should sign up for it and give the company feedback that the policy will be profitable.  Profit is what will drive their decision.

15 minutes ago, Incognito1 said:

I sent an email to clarify; waiting on response.

Not sure what needs clarifying.

For cruises sailing out of Nassau and St. Maarten this summer all guests and crew over 18 must be vaccinated.

For any other sailing they will not be able to give you an answer.

• Thanks 1

I asked them to clarify whether this is a test run, or if they expect our future cruises (already paid for in full - eek) to require this as well; and, if so, what is the best way to get a full refund.  Not to clarify what they've already spelled out.

5 minutes ago, Incognito1 said:

I asked them to clarify whether this is a test run, or if they expect our future cruises (already paid for in full - eek) to require this as well; and, if so, what is the best way to get a full refund.  Not to clarify what they've already spelled out.

They won't answer that until they have a firm date and announce a restart date. 

I will add that on the webinar today they did state that they don't expect the vaccine requirement to last forever which I took as it will be mandatory for the foreseeable future

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 4

On 3/17/2021 at 12:10 PM, DCGuy64 said:

Yes and there's no telling the damage done when the media spreads a falsehood as though it were true. A certain well-known major newspaper recently had to admit that it falsely attributed comments to a certain former president about election interfering. Too late, the false story made the rounds for weeks and there's no putting that genie back in the bottle. More evidence why I don't trust the media-there's no accountability for them. (and I am neither a friend nor foe of said former president)

Exactly the media is worthless!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Incognito1 said:

Reading today's CC article about RCCL starting up cruises for only those with proof of vaccination is disconcerting.  I sent an email to clarify; waiting on response.  Will be moving our RCCL cruises to Carnival/Princess if it's not simply a "trial run."  I wonder what sort of proof they'll ask for, or if it's simply check a box.

I think all the cruise lines will have a similar policy. As a matter of fact Princess is requiring vaccination on their first restarted cruises. I posted the below link about that on another thread.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/princess-cruises-reveals-details-of-all-inclusive-uk-summer-seacations-on-medallionclass-ships-301250795.html

On 3/19/2021 at 1:34 AM, Incognito1 said:

Just got back from northern Florida and then Dallas.  It was wonderfully freeing to be back in areas that are open, where some choose to wear masks (or are required by their companies) and some don't.  Wishing my state would follow.

And those 2 states have amoung the most deaths per capita per day in the country.

Texas is less than 1000 from over taking NY in covid deaths

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, cruisinfanatic said:

And those 2 states have amoung the most deaths per capita per day in the country.

I don't know where you are getting your data from but every chart I found by searching has both Texas and Florida way down on the list for deaths per capita from covid.  New Jersey and New York are the top two.  Maybe you should search again to get a true picture and look at more then one chart.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I don't know where you are getting your data from but every chart I found by searching has both Texas and Florida way down on the list for deaths per capita from covid.  New Jersey and New York are the top two.  Maybe you should search again to get a true picture and look at more then one chart.  

Right now per day is not to date

9 minutes ago, cruisinfanatic said:

Right now per day is not to date

You do know that deaths reported can be from months ago.  There is often a long lag between when a person dies and when it is reported.  So a per day chart is useless since it is not a real reporting per day.  You could have one death from a month ago, two deaths from two weeks ago and a death from last week.  A better picture of what is really happening is of per capita to date.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruisinfanatic said:

Simply not true. Florida is in the bottom third of States Deaths by 100k. Easy to find on CDC site.  Not true about TX either. 

F9D227FB-3739-42DE-AE10-EC030977AD8E.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Incognito1 said:

Reading today's CC article about RCCL starting up cruises for only those with proof of vaccination is disconcerting.  I sent an email to clarify; waiting on response.  Will be moving our RCCL cruises to Carnival/Princess if it's not simply a "trial run."  I wonder what sort of proof they'll ask for, or if it's simply check a box.

This is the new norm and likely all the major cruiselines will have the same policies in place that you have to be vaccinated in order to be able to board a cruiseship, this is our new reality. Eventually it will not only be boarding a cruiseship, it will be able to go to a concert, to travel etc. 

31 minutes ago, pinnacleking2021 said:

i am vaccinated and ready to cruise! i just hope they dont punish the people who got the vaccine by forcing us to wear masks 24.7 

I seriously doubt they would expect people to wear masks while they sleep

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, pinnacleking2021 said:

i am vaccinated and ready to cruise! i just hope they dont punish the people who got the vaccine by forcing us to wear masks 24.7 

24/7?  Kind of a stretch is it not.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

The card you get when you get vaccinated, which one could fabricate in about 10 minutes.

Our state issues a certificate of vaccination also.  The argument that people can fabricate one can apply to a lot of  documents.  We've both had both doses and I have no problem showing my card or certificate, but the reality is, we know we've been vaccinated .  I think the idea of people faking them is way overblown.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, BND said:

Our state issues a certificate of vaccination also.  The argument that people can fabricate one can apply to a lot of  documents.  We've both had both doses and I have no problem showing my card or certificate, but the reality is, we know we've been vaccinated .  I think the idea of people faking them is way overblown.

Like many other documents there's at least a seal or some official identifier number. The CDC vaccine cards are just card stock with stickers no different than DIY address labels. That's what makes it easy to fabricate since there's no way to officially verify it.

Just now, smokeybandit said:

Like many other documents there's at least a seal or some official identifier number. The CDC vaccine cards are just card stock with stickers no different than DIY address labels. That's what makes it easy to fabricate since there's no way to officially verify it.

I didn't say it wasn't easy to fabricate, what I said was I think the idea of many people doing it is overblown.  BTW, seals can be faked too.  Our certificate from the state has an ID number on it  as well as the type of vaccine, lot numbers and dates received and that it's through the VA Health Dept.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pinnacleking2021 said:

Why do you see it as a punisment? A lot was learned about the virus but various things are still unknown + the mutations. Hence, when things will get started even with fully vacinated adults maks will need to be mandatory in most public spaces onboard. The more Science will learn throughout time maks will also disapear / reduced to be worn to a minimum. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

That's what makes it easy to fabricate since there's no way to officially verify it.

Have you been vaccinated?  We had to enter our personal info. We get updates and surveys from the site that administered the vaccine. They know who got what. The boss saw something from one of the hospitals she covers regarding a database for keeping the vaccine records. 

M8

4 minutes ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

They already made the announcement yesterday.  All adults over 18 will have to be vaccinated (guests who can't, including kids will have to have a PCR test 3 days prior to sailing) and masks will be required.

You're wrong.  Nothing was mentioned about masks.  And nothing was mentioned about guests who can't.  What was mentioned is all guests over 18 need to be vaccinated, kids need the negative test and the other protocols and restrictions have not yet been determined, which would include masks, social distancing and possible excursion bubbles.

• Like 1