If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

5 minutes ago, legaljen1969 said:

I feel the same way. This has been rushed.  We have no idea what the long view is on this vaccine.  Sure, it may help with COVID now but what is it going to affect later?   We just need more time to know what will happen.    I worry for these young people who are getting it to stay employed. What if it affects their fertility or affects their babies?    
People have taken many medications that seemed perfectly safe for a long time (Zantac) for one and now it has been yanked off the shelf because of carcinogens.   Who would have ever thought medication for heartburn would be carcinogenic?

I would LOVE to have the right to cruise again.  I really want to see my family more.  My parents have been vaccinated and they want me to be vaccinated before they see me again, but they understand why I am wanting to wait.   Already  known side effects on mammograms and lymph nodes.  Scary stuff. 

Ha! We have a huge law practice here who is "for the people" and we jokingly suggest that they are at the ready to sue....."if you were vaccinated with the Covid vaccine back in 2021, call our law office now. You could be entitled to compensation" 😂🤣😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, legaljen1969 said:

I feel the same way. This has been rushed.  We have no idea what the long view is on this vaccine.  Sure, it may help with COVID now but what is it going to affect later?   We just need more time to know what will happen.    I worry for these young people who are getting it to stay employed. What if it affects their fertility or affects their babies?    
People have taken many medications that seemed perfectly safe for a long time (Zantac) for one and now it has been yanked off the shelf because of carcinogens.   Who would have ever thought medication for heartburn would be carcinogenic?

I would LOVE to have the right to cruise again.  I really want to see my family more.  My parents have been vaccinated and they want me to be vaccinated before they see me again, but they understand why I am wanting to wait.   Already  known side effects on mammograms and lymph nodes.  Scary stuff. 

It's only conspiracy sites raising people's fear regarding fertility -- there's absolutely no medical evidence that is possible.  Mammograms are suggested to be delayed temporarily as your body adjusts its immune response following vaccination -- there's nothing permanent to be to be afraid of (not really scary).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This vaccine is not FDA approved and, as such, is designated as experimental. No vaccine has ever been approved for other coronaviruses (i.e. SARS, MERS, common cold) because in the animal trials, many of the animals died when later exposed to the virus they were vaccinated for (this effect is called antibody dependent enhancement/pathogenic priming). The experimental Covid-19 vaccines skipped the animal trials in order to be rushed to market. There is no long-term data to know if this same harmful phenomena will occur in humans. That is a risk I am not willing to take at this time.

There are also concerns the mRNA vaccines might create a risk later on for neurodegenerative conditions such as Alzheimer's or ALS according to this research article in December 2020 Microbiology and Infectious Disease Journal 

https://scivisionpub.com/pdfs/covid19-rna-based-vaccines-and-the-risk-of-prion-disease-1503.pdf

10 minutes ago, OceanCruise said:

This vaccine is not FDA approved and, as such, is designated as experimental. No vaccine has ever been approved for other coronaviruses (i.e. SARS, MERS, common cold) because in the animal trials, many of the animals died when later exposed to the virus they were vaccinated for (this effect is called antibody dependent enhancement/pathogenic priming). The experimental Covid-19 vaccines skipped the animal trials in order to be rushed to market. There is no long-term data to know if this same harmful phenomena will occur in humans. That is a risk I am not willing to take at this time.

There are also concerns the mRNA vaccines might create a risk later on for neurodegenerative conditions such as Alzheimer's or ALS according to this research article in December 2020 Microbiology and Infectious Disease Journal 

https://scivisionpub.com/pdfs/covid19-rna-based-vaccines-and-the-risk-of-prion-disease-1503.pdf

No, they didn't. For instance, Pfizer/BioNtech had preclinical trials in rhesus macaques which demonstrated efficacy against infection and disease in the primate model. 

• Like 2

According to Dr. Fauci and CDC:

Will the vaccine actually prevent you from getting Covid?---No 

Will the vaccine prevent you from giving Covid to others?---No

Is it FDA approved?---No (only has emergency use authorization)

Do you need to have resuscitation equipment available when vaccine is administered?---Yes

Will the vaccine give you long-standing immunity?---No (likely need booster shots)

Can you stop wearing the mask after the vaccine?---No

Do you still have to social distance after getting the vaccine?---Yes

Can you get together with family and friends after getting the vaccine?---Not really recommended

Can you go to restaurants and theaters after getting the vaccine?---No

So, what is really the benefit of the experimental Covid vaccine that uses a completely new technology, the pharmaceutical companies cannot be held liable for, and we don't have long-term safety data on?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, lizzius said:

No, they didn't. For instance, Pfizer/BioNtech had preclinical trials in rhesus macaques which demonstrated efficacy against infection and disease in the primate model. 

They did not complete full animal trials before testing on humans as is standard in vaccine development. There are no long-term completed clinical trials on animals and no FDA approval. Humans are being tested along with the animals

Per your article: "Pfizer and Moderna were given approval to simultaneously test their vaccines on animals while they were conducting Phase 1 trials on humans. The vaccines were tested on mice and macaques."

16 minutes ago, OceanCruise said:

Do you need to have resuscitation equipment available when vaccine is administered?---Yes

Will the vaccine give you long-standing immunity?---No (likely need booster shots)

Can you get together with family and friends after getting the vaccine?---Not really recommended

So, what is really the benefit of the experimental Covid vaccine that uses a completely new technology, the pharmaceutical companies cannot be held liable for, and we don't have long-term safety data on?

The answers you provided are for the short term.  The benefit of the vaccine is that it will reduce the number of infected people enough to bring the transmission/infection rate down enough to allow people to resume a more normal life.  Another benefit is that it will reduce the number of infections among more vulnerable people, potentially saving their lives.

As to your second question ("Will the vaccine actually prevent you from getting Covid?---No"), that may be true, but it significantly decreases the chances of a person with Covid ending up in the hospital. 

Edited by time4u2go
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, OceanCruise said:

My DH & myself are waiting this out. No hurry to get it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

The answers you provided are for the short term.  The benefit of the vaccine is that it will reduce the number of infected people enough to bring the transmission/infection rate down enough to allow people to resume a more normal life.  Another benefit is that it will reduce the number of infections among more vulnerable people, potentially saving their lives.

How do you know this? There is no long-term data. The need for additional shots indicates that immunity is not lasting. Remember, every drug that has been recalled due to harmful effects was initially deemed safe and was FDA approved. Remember thalidomiode?

2 minutes ago, OceanCruise said:

How do you know this? There is no long-term data. The need for additional shots indicates that immunity is not lasting. Remember, every drug that has been recalled due to harmful effects was initially deemed safe and was FDA approved. Remember thalidomiode?

So what is your point?  Do you feel that there shouldn't be a vaccine?

2 minutes ago, OceanCruise said:

You arguments are flawed.  However I understand that your point of view it fixed.  That nothing anybody put would change them.  I have had both jags, I have spent today vaccinating people and I can honestly say it has been the most rewarding shift I have had for years.

I take responsibility for my decision to have the vaccine.  You equally have to take the responsibility for you not taking it and the potential consequences of that choice.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, OceanCruise said:

"So, what is really the benefit of the experimental Covid vaccine"?

Simple answer:  It can save you life as well as the lives of those you love.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, yogimax said:

"So, what is really the benefit of the experimental Covid vaccine"?

Simple answer:  It can save you life as well as the lives of those you love.

I think the purpose could also be to reach herd immunity so covid isnt a threat. Some say we need to reach herd immunity asap before it mutates and we cant. 

But yes on a personal level it's important as I am around elderly parents. My bil and sister said no to the vaccine. He said he might as well deal with covid as side effects of the vaccine. Guess who has covid after arguing against it. He got out of the hospital last friday when they were able to send him home on oxygen. They are improving but still sick. I just hoping they dont go around my folks without a negative test. He got his way ...he gets to deal with covid. More than one way to reach herd immunity. 

It can be viewed as which side effects do you want, from covid or the vaccine. My answer is a age related answer obviously. And I want herd immunity in usa. 

• Like 2

Has anyone checked out the CDC website for Vaccine Adverse Effects Reports (VAERS).   https://vaers.hhs.gov.   There are pages & pages of reports.  Anyone (incl. health care workers) can post here.  Historically only 1% of adverse effects & deaths are reported.  If you click on number beside report, it gives all details about person affected.   It is fascinating reading.  Not hearing about a lot of this stuff in the news either.

A little tricky to fill in the right boxes but definitely worthwhile reading.   At main page click on "VAERS data", at bottom of main page check - Search CDC Wonder, on next page click I Agree (near bottom), then "request form" tab.   Then fill out data request boxes.  

If anyone is interested, I can post instructions on which boxes to check to get to reports.
NJ 

30 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

My DH & myself are waiting this out. No hurry to get it. 

38 minutes ago, OceanCruise said:

So..we can wait and not get the vaccine like Lorraine, her DH, and OC, or we can trust the POTUS and all of his advisers that wish to get 100 million people inoculated in 100 days in order for herd immunity to occur as quickly as possible.

Seems like an easy choice to me and that is why my DW and myself got our first Moderna shot the other day.

• Like 5

Despite the purported 95% effectiveness of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine, Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla announced Thursday that the vaccine maker is testing a third dose of its vaccine in anticipation of annual booster shots.

Wall Street analysts are projecting Pfizer and Moderna will generate $32 billion in Covid-19 vaccine revenue -- next year alone.

Looks like this will be an annual thing.  Pharma is making lots of $$ with no liability costs?

NJ

10 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

My point is that are risks that could be deadly because this vaccine is experimental. There has been a lot of hysteria to scare people and influence behavior. The vaccine uses a technology different than traditional vaccines. It should be an individual decision whether or not to take the vaccine as long as the person is fully informed of the risks. Prior attempts at developing coronavirus vaccines have caused deaths in animals when later exposed to the virus which is why those vaccines were not approved. There are no long-term studies to ensure these same harmful effects will not occur in humans because this has never been done before.  People need to be fully informed and, unfortunately, doctors speaking out about possible harmful effects are being censored. All we hear about 24/7 is to wear masks and get the vaccine. Why isn't Dr Fauci talking at all about ways to build up natural immunity such as exercise, good nutrition, socialization, sunshine/Vitamin D (research shows Vitamin D deficiency is linked to Covid deaths)? I also find it curious that the flu seems to have almost disappeared this year.

• Like 3

Off for evening cocktails now but found one more bit of news.  Guess prices going up since annual booster shots will be required?

Hope everyone has a great weekend!   

NJ 

Amid the high-stakes fight against COVID-19, a company at the forefront of the vaccine effort is laying plans to hike prices after the crisis. A top Pfizer exec said the drugmaker aims to charge more after the "pandemic pricing environment," and an influential analyst says the company could be eying prices 3 to 4 times higher.

On an earnings call earlier this month, Chief Financial Officer Frank D’Amelio said that “obviously,” the company is “going to get more on price” after the “pandemic pricing environment." He was speaking in response to Bank of America Merrill Lynch analyst Jason Zemansky, who asked the management team about how profit margins for the program could change over time.

In short, D’Amelio explained that Pfizer expects its COVID vaccine margins to improve. Under one pandemic supply deal, Pfizer is charging the U.S. $19.50 per dose, D'Amelio said, which is “not a normal price like we typically get for a vaccine—$150, $175 per dose. So, pandemic pricing.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We got Pfizer yesterday.  Second dose is March 19th.  My parents and MIL have both had both doses.  We'll feel a lot more comfortable visiting them in a few weeks.  The line was long but moved fast.  Dr. Fauci is not exactly  a overly positive person.  He is more of a "Debbie Downer".  There are extremist beliefs on both sides.  

As for saying "it could be deadly because it's experimental", that really makes no sense.  One does not cause the other. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, OceanCruise said:

My point is that are risks that could be deadly because this vaccine is experimental. There has been a lot of hysteria to scare people and influence behavior. The vaccine uses a technology different than traditional vaccines. It should be an individual decision whether or not to take the vaccine as long as the person is fully informed of the risks. Prior attempts at developing coronavirus vaccines have caused deaths in animals when later exposed to the virus which is why those vaccines were not approved. There are no long-term studies to ensure these same harmful effects will not occur in humans because this has never been done before.  People need to be fully informed and, unfortunately, doctors speaking out about possible harmful effects are being censored. All we hear about 24/7 is to wear masks and get the vaccine. Why isn't Dr Fauci talking at all about ways to build up natural immunity such as exercise, good nutrition, socialization, sunshine/Vitamin D (research shows Vitamin D deficiency is linked to Covid deaths)? I also find it curious that the flu seems to have almost disappeared this year.

Okay, show the data about previous corona virus vaccine attempts.  The last attempt at Coronavirus vaccines was SARS and it was stopped because of lack of funding due to the fact that "epidemic" basically died out quickly on it's own.  

Also, "risks could be deadly because it's experimental"?  One does not cause the other.

Edited by BND

1 hour ago, OceanCruise said:

They did not complete full animal trials before testing on humans as is standard in vaccine development. There are no long-term completed clinical trials on animals and no FDA approval. Humans are being tested along with the animals

Per your article: "Pfizer and Moderna were given approval to simultaneously test their vaccines on animals while they were conducting Phase 1 trials on humans. The vaccines were tested on mice and macaques."

You were trying to say they skipped it entirely, which is obviously untrue. Glad you learned something, though.

1 hour ago, time4u2go said:

He doesn't have one. People waiting out vaccinations prolong the time it takes for us to get herd immunity. Get your jab so we can get back to normal. Otherwise we're all going to be waiting on shore for you to catch the virus from Marge at the salon and roll the dice on severe disease.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, NJ&Ozzie said:
Has anyone checked out the CDC website for Vaccine Adverse Effects Reports (VAERS).   https://vaers.hhs.gov.   There are pages & pages of reports.  Anyone (incl. health care workers) can post here.  Historically only 1% of adverse effects & deaths are reported.  If you click on number beside report, it gives all details about person affected.   It is fascinating reading.  Not hearing about a lot of this stuff in the news either.

A little tricky to fill in the right boxes but definitely worthwhile reading.   At main page click on "VAERS data", at bottom of main page check - Search CDC Wonder, on next page click I Agree (near bottom), then "request form" tab.   Then fill out data request boxes.  

If anyone is interested, I can post instructions on which boxes to check to get to reports.
NJ 

I love this part of the disclaimer that you have to agree to in order to view the reports.

"The reports may contain information that is incomplete, inaccurate, coincidental, or unverifiable. In large part, reports to VAERS are voluntary, which means they are subject to biases. "

• Thanks 1

Getting our 2nd dose in early March. I have friends and family who say they will never take any vaccine for Covid because: 1. It doesn't really exist. Made up by 'libs' to make people jump through hoops. 2. Waiting for proof it does not change one's DNA [J&J?]. 3. Vaccines cause autism, mental retardation, or various other horrors. 

This has simply become absurdly politicized.

I was around in the 50's watching my fellow school students on those little double crutches during the terrible polio epidemic. The vaccine was FAR more dangerous, but it was a M I R A C L E!!! So many horrors avoided by this perhaps crowning achievement of human medicine. 

Please, I do not just ask, I beg, get your vaccine! For yourself, for your family. For your friends. For everyone! Ignore the political nonsense and do it. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1