If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

3 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Being cautious would be him saying "We don't yet have enough data so I would recommend still not eating indoors"

Fauci outright said "you can't do it" 

Every Sunday after church and visiting my MIL, we go to our favorite local restaurant.  In warm weather we have eaten outside, but since mid-Nov we've been eating inside.  We see the same man and his elderly mother every single week.  Telling people they "can't eat inside" is destroying small businesses.  How come he doesn't say "you can't go to WalMart or Home Depot"?  The restaurants we go to have all been open, none have had to close for a case among staff.  The few people I know that have had it mostly have no clue where they caught it and most haven't been eating in restaurants at all.  

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, BND said:

Shhh, don't tell anyone, but we've been going out to eat, getting our hair cut, this entire time.  We even eat inside.  We just try to go when restaurants aren't as busy.   Will we still comply with mask rules after our second shot?  Yes, but it won't be necessary.

The kids in our county have been in school for in person learning since September.  We have also been eating inside, I have been getting my nails done, visiting my son and seeing my friends since May.  My county even had a Christmas parade and a Mardi Gras parade.  There is no mask mandate in my county but most people do wear them inside stores.  We also seem to be very good at not crowding together and giving everyone plenty of space.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Keksie said:

The kids in our county have been in school for in person learning since September.  We have also been eating inside, I have been getting my nails done, visiting my son and seeing my friends since May.  My county even had a Christmas parade and a Mardi Gras parade.  There is no mask mandate in my county but most people do wear them inside stores.  We also seem to be very good at not crowding together and giving everyone plenty of space.

Yet in some states you can't eat indoors, can't go to school, can't have any parades, etc, etc.

The irony is that their covid numbers are no different than anyone else's

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Our county is just starting back school to a hybrid model (2x a week in class) starting with K-5 and moving up, but only with students who requested to go in.  We've visited my parents and our sons and DIL's have been here to eat with us several times.  We just don't sit right next to each other and we spread out when we eat and don't hug.  We had our bathroom remodeled and today they're here doing some minor follow up repairs to a cabinet and paint touchup.  We had a furnace blower unit replaced and a plumber in for other issues, all in the last 10 months.  We decided last spring that we can't live our lives in fear.  My husband, both sons and one DIL have all been going into work everyday.  DIL is a nurse in a Dr office and sons and DH work in offices (engineers, IT).  We all wear masks and don't crowd together, but that's it.   We wear masks in church and have seats distanced for everyone, but we still sing.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Yet in some states you can't eat indoors, can't go to school, can't have any parades, etc, etc.

The irony is that their covid numbers are no different than anyone else's

Our covid numbers are somewhere in the middle, no worse then other places and better then many. 

37 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I like that data. Thank you for publishing the source, not just the figures.

To be honest, I wish I could delete it. The chart came to me via a group of scientists working on one of the vaccines. However, I saw a misspelling in the chart after I posted it and it makes me suspect of the origin. That said, researching the numbers, they are close by a few percentage points, all in the 90's, to what Israel is reporting. So, take the chart as a generalization but look up the study to get real numbers. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cured said:

To be honest, I wish I could delete it. The chart came to me via a group of scientists working on one of the vaccines. However, I saw a misspelling in the chart after I posted it and it makes me suspect of the origin. That said, researching the numbers, they are close by a few percentage points, all in the 90's, to what Israel is reporting. So, take the chart as a generalization but look up the study to get real numbers. 

To be fair misspellings happen and the i and o are right next to each other on the keyboard.  If I had a  nickel for every misspelling I find in all kinds of places, I'd be very wealthy.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BND said:

To be fair misspellings happen and the i and o are right next to each other on the keyboard.  If I had a  nickel for every misspelling I find in all kinds of places, I'd be very wealthy.  

The keyboard on my phone alone would probably contribute greatly to your wealth.😐

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/26/2021 at 8:47 PM, legaljen1969 said:

I feel the same way. This has been rushed.  We have no idea what the long view is on this vaccine.  Sure, it may help with COVID now but what is it going to affect later?   We just need more time to know what will happen.    I worry for these young people who are getting it to stay employed. What if it affects their fertility or affects their babies?    
People have taken many medications that seemed perfectly safe for a long time (Zantac) for one and now it has been yanked off the shelf because of carcinogens.   Who would have ever thought medication for heartburn would be carcinogenic?

I would LOVE to have the right to cruise again.  I really want to see my family more.  My parents have been vaccinated and they want me to be vaccinated before they see me again, but they understand why I am wanting to wait.   Already  known side effects on mammograms and lymph nodes.  Scary stuff. 

I agree with what you are saying. I too feel the vaccines have been rushed and that scares me so much. there is no way to know the side effects in short time it has taken to get the vaccines. And I was definitely in the camp of not getting the vaccine.....until now. I have been giving it some serious thoughts recently...and it has been stressing me out...will I, won't I ...and my husband and I spoke about it and we have decided to get it now...as we just couldn't live with ourselves if we didn't take it when we are  offered it and then one of us got seriously ill with covid. I still have huge fears about it and still wonder if it correct thing to do....but  I am trying get it into my head  that we could say that for all our choices we make. I do  have the fears about the fertility aspects of it...not for me (i'm not of that age lol)  but for the young people who have to decide  what to do... cos no-one knows. And I fully understand why some people will chose not to take the vaccine, I truly do and that is their choice to do so. I have not made the decision to do with cruising... I have done it for my family... however I am so looking forward to going a cruise again ... but we will not go with all the restrictions in place  like masks, social distancing, no buffet, time restrictions in the pool etc as it is not a holiday for us... I want the real cruise experience. take care

• Like 4

17 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Restaurants have been as unfairly judged in all this as cruise lines have.

I fully agree. being told can't go to restaurants etc but supermarkets and shops (at some points)  are fine... but that's cos covid stops at those doors and knows not to enter. yeah right. restaurants/bars in UK when they were open for the small period of time,  had  a system where you gave your name and number for track and trace.  Shops/supermarkets haven't done this so imo restaurants are safer to go to 

It is a choice whether to get vaccinated or not. And I respect the decision of those that choose not to get it. I don't really want to be around their Covid coughing, or be on a ship/bus/plane with them, but that is just me. :classic_tongue: I feel the same way about all contagious diseases. :classic_sad: We are eager to get vaccinated. And if enough people feel similarly and get their shots, then those that choose not to be vaccinated will have some level of protection because there will be less of the virus circulating.  It is never going to be a 100% vaccinated population.  :classic_smile: 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Coralc said:

It is a choice whether to get vaccinated or not. And I respect the decision of those that choose not to get it. I don't really want to be around their Covid coughing, or be on a ship/bus/plane with them, but that is just me. :classic_tongue: I feel the same way about all contagious diseases. :classic_sad: We are eager to get vaccinated. And if enough people feel similarly and get their shots, then those that choose not to be vaccinated will have some level of protection because there will be less of the virus circulating.  It is never going to be a 100% vaccinated population.  :classic_smile: 

And there is a new one shot vaccine that is FDA approved now.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Meanwhile everyone's beloved Fauci said you shouldn't eat indoors or go to the movies even if you have the vaccine.

IMHO, it is possible Dr. Fauci is waiting until there is no doubt that vaccinated people will not infect others. I know I've seen Dr. Fauci say it appears and there is some evidence that vaccinated people have a low viral load if they do contract the virus but it is not yet proven that vaccinated people can not infect others. That was paraphrased because I didn't record that statement he made on TV. I was very encouraged, however, when he made that statement.

Bottom line, I think Dr. Fauci is erring on the safe side right now with his recommendations until there is evidence and proof that vaccinated people can not transmit disease to others.

• Like 3

On 2/26/2021 at 9:34 PM, cured said:

No need to worry. It is a paper with no scientific chops, junk science as it were, authored by a preeminent antivaxxer who espouses far flung conspiracy theories. He is a laughing stock and his "theories" have been debunked by real scientists.

Thanks you for that information about the author.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, BND said:

Shhh, don't tell anyone, but we've been going out to eat, getting our hair cut, this entire time.  We even eat inside.  We just try to go when restaurants aren't as busy.   Will we still comply with mask rules after our second shot?  Yes, but it won't be necessary.

Same here. We have been dining inside restaurants since they were open at 25% capacity here in Florida. Never stopped going even when our governor opened the restaurants to 100% capacity. We are very careful and, just like you, go at off times so the restaurants are not that busy. We do what we have coined "lundin" which is a combo of lunch and dinner so we usually dine around 3:00 in the afternoon as our main meal of the day. That is also a senior thing to do. LOL.

As a precaution, we dine only in restaurants which have added those extra barriers to the backs of booths and we request a booth to sit in. We also do not dine with anyone other than hubby and me. 

As for hairdressers, I wear a mask and all the employees in my hair salon wear masks so I have always felt safe enough to get a haircut.

Bottom line is I have been "living life" as best as what is available to me but I do it safely. NEVER, EVER go to crowded events indoors or outdoors. I keep my distance from others at all times, even family. Now that I'm vaccinated, I will continue to wear a mask and distance from others until our country reaches herd immunity or when it is determined, without a shadow of a doubt that vaccinated people can NOT transmit Covid to others.

23 hours ago, cured said:

Because it is his job to be cautious till all the data is in. It would be completely irresponsible to change recommendations based on early studies. The current data coming in is looking better than expected, but until it is official, he is going to take a cautious stance. Which I appreciate.

Agree. I believe I just posted your thoughts but I believe you said it better than me. Thank you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coffeebean said:

IMHO, it is possible Dr. Fauci is waiting until there is no doubt that vaccinated people will not infect others. I know I've seen Dr. Fauci say it appears and there is some evidence that vaccinated people have a low viral load if they do contract the virus but it is not yet proven that vaccinated people can not infect others. That was paraphrased because I didn't record that statement he made on TV. I was very encouraged, however, when he made that statement.

Bottom line, I think Dr. Fauci is erring on the safe side right now with his recommendations until there is evidence and proof that vaccinated people can not transmit disease to others.

If you look at Fauci's history, this definitely is not the case.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

If you look at Fauci's history, this definitely is not the case.

I have been following what Dr. Fauci has said since this pandemic began. I'm aware, he was censored  under his previous boss so there is that. He has assured the American people he will be transparent with us and will always tell us the truth. I believe him now that he has a new boss.

What were you eluding to when you referred to "Fauci's history"?

Edited by coffeebean
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

His flip flopping (even post Trump) on important issues.  His hypocritical stances on past pandemics compared to covid. 

And he was never censored by Trump.  He's not the type of person who would ever allow himself to be censored.

I saw Dr. Fauci on a newscast claim he was not able to be "transparent" under the previous administration.

Dr. Fauci also said that he is now able to be transparent and will always tell the American people the truth about the pandemic whether the news is good or bad. I take that claim to mean he was censored under the previous administration. I don't know how else to take it, actually.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

I saw Dr. Fauci on a newscast claim he was not able to be "transparent" under the previous administration.

Dr. Fauci also said that he is now able to be transparent and will always tell the American people the truth about the pandemic whether the news is good or bad. I take that claim to mean he was censored under the previous administration. I don't know how else to take it, actually.

Heard him say that.

31 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Then maybe, as a physician, he should have resigned so he could tell the world what was really on his mind.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, coffeebean said:

What were you eluding to when you referred to "Fauci's history"?

Maybe when he was telling everyone to wear a mask around people not of their household and then did the complete opposite.  When called out on his behavior  gave a lame excuse as to why.