The Daily for Thursday Jul 30, 2020

richwmn

2 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@DeeniEncinitas Can you see this? Tried a different file.

Resized952019060595115244 (1).jpg

My sweet sis!!! Yes I finally got it! I was at Costco getting my glasses when your email came! She or he is so innocent and so little. I love it . Hope you and Allen are doing great! Take a pic of your misters and hummingbird feeder when you have your little dive bombers! Here at this Costco I had to have a temperature check to go into the eyeglass dept. 👍 
Take care virtual hugs

Denise😊 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

My sweet sis!!! Yes I finally got it! I was at Costco getting my glasses when your email came! She or he is so innocent and so little. I love it . Hope you and Allen are doing great! Take a pic of your misters and hummingbird feeder when you have your little dive bombers! Here at this Costco I had to have a temperature check to go into the eyeglass dept. 👍 
Take care virtual hugs

Denise😊 

Here in Texas, when you buy a car, the dealer receives your license plates. So ours are available now and we will go tomorrow to get them. They install the plates and "state sticker" (I have no clue) but when you enter the dealership, they take your temperature. Weird, right?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Here in Texas, when you buy a car, the dealer receives your license plates. So ours are available now and we will go tomorrow to get them. They install the plates and "state sticker" (I have no clue) but when you enter the dealership, they take your temperature. Weird, right?

Unfortunately, while that is neither specific, nor very accurate, it's about the only thing we can easily do.

Roy

• Like 3

Yes, I can see the picture now, too.  What a cute little flower eater.  I feel for you Jacqui!

Prior to moving here I had the Knockout rose bushes around my patio and the deer would eat them.  So DH bought some coyote urine product to spray on them.  The deer stayed away, but due to the horrible smell you wouldn't want to be out there either.  They sure are persistent creatures.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Bought a bird bath for our hummers and put it together today and added the solar mist sprayer. OM Goodness they love it! Instead of fighting over the 2 feeders, they fight over dive bombing the feeder and mister! They are so happy!!

Yes, picture please!  I love hummingbirds.  There is a hummingbird sanctuary southeast of Tucson near Sierra Vista called Ramsay Canyon.  We went once and stayed at the B&B there.  I felt really out of my element with all the hummingbird experts, we even met someone who did rehab for wounded hummers.

BTW, I was able to see your photo this time, so whatever you did worked.  Thank you!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Bought a bird bath for our hummers and put it together today and added the solar mist sprayer. OM Goodness they love it! Instead of fighting over the 2 feeders, they fight over dive bombing the feeder and mister! They are so happy!!

Sounds wonderful 🙂.   So glad they are enjoying the bird bath. 😄 

We have been literally bombarded by hummingbirds this year.  I’m not sure why.  they are hitting every flower, every dahlia, everything.  Very strange.  They usually only go to the dipladania and the dahlias and some of the callas.  Not this year.  Everything is their treasure trove.  I’ve never seen so many.  

We have no idea where they are nesting but when I headed out a pile flew out of my big clematis on the side so maybe?  

DH and I are enchanted 😄 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Yes, picture please!  I love hummingbirds.  There is a hummingbird sanctuary southeast of Tucson near Sierra Vista called Ramsay Canyon.  We went once and stayed at the B&B there.  I felt really out of my element with all the hummingbird experts, we even met someone who did rehab for wounded hummers.

BTW, I was able to see your photo this time, so whatever you did worked.  Thank you!

My family is all down in Tucson, Sierra Vista, and Bisbee. My mom has mentioned the hummingbird sanctuary before and said it’s fascinating. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the daily.  Love the quote.  International Friendship Day,  Latest news seems to be Noordam is on the way to Singapore, departing Klang very recently.

Today's care list.

Allen, still waiting for results, and Joy

Continued improvement for Sharon's in-laws.

Emotional healing for Andi-Land

All in the path of Isias

All Doctors and Health Care Workers

And Krazy Kruizers

Roy

I haven't been on CC much lately

If    KK is ill, I  did not know but certainly wish her well.

To any here who are ill , I  wish you fast and full recovery   Sorry if it is    'oldnews',

I truly dislike this board's current format and dont' enjoy CC as much I did for  a bout  10

years so I come here very much less now than I did with the former format.

I am sorry if such (KK and others who may be ill) were  discussed long ago as I am not aware of same

Edited by sail7seas
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, sail7seas said:

I haven't been on CC much lately

If    KK is ill, I  did not know but certainly wish her well.

To any here who are ill , I  wish you fast and full recovery   Sorry if it is    'oldnews',

I truly dislike this board's current format and dont' enjoy CC as much I did for  a bout  10

years so I come here very much less now than I did with the former format.

I am sorry if such (KK and others who may be ill) were  discussed long ago as I am not aware of same

Sails!!! So happy to hear from you!!! It has been a long time! I saw your thread you started last week!! Please don’t stay away! If anything I cherish The Daily!! This is a place where we all talk share ideas help each other and just enjoy !!! Share pictures! Recipes ideas of cruising again!!

You always have valuable information that you gave  to me and to all with all your years dedicated to cruising. Yes I agree

CC here has changed BUT to me for the better!! I have a lot of good friends all here on The Daily! I remember when you hurt your hand and you were always on giving advice!

WELCOME BACK SAILS!

Denise😊 I missed you

• Like 3

8 hours ago, kazu said:

CUTE Bambie?  Cute but destructive.

DH put a planter outside the fence - it was in full, beautiful bloom.  A big beautiful sunpatiens.  He promised to move it back in every night (yeah, right)

This is what it is left

3B43851A-7114-46A1-8439-790E0338CA59.thumb.jpeg.1c16716ebea8076f2d9ad05f9ab218bf.jpeg

I made the mistake of planting roses in my retaining wall and my driveway planter.  I thought since they were prickly they’d be safe.  My roses were about to open and look:

E486F71E-11E2-4A53-8A5E-38169C3FFC7C.thumb.jpeg.9a1abac08445c916e02b29be7e5258e5.jpeg

I stupidly thought my little cover would protect it.  Hasn’t protected anything 😞 

I’m going to try to figure out some way to protect them but you can take all those dam deer and shove them as far as I am concerned.  We are overridden with them and they eat anything under the sun.  Sorry, but I’m depressed with these dam deer.

I don’t need their Lyme disease on my lawn and I don’t need them eating my plants.  How much fencing does one person have to buy for crying out loud????

As a gardener, I've got to agree with Jacqui on this one. I tried growing Hostas at the MN house we just sold. The result? Fat deer, no hostas!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1