P&O November cruises not available

normansbay

I see that and hopefully I am not breaking the rules on companies, but all P&O Cruises for November 2020 seem to now be unavailable for November including Iona, on a certain on-line booking agent are they ahead of the game as they are still on P&O's site or is it just a site update gone wrong?

Mmmm

Nothing @ the cold house till 4 Dec

P&O site & another online/TV agent (the 1st one I thought of 😉 ) seem unchanged.

Who knows?

Edited to add....

Cruise +  Flight

Eastern Caribbean from Barbados, 27 November 2020 (15 nights)

( 331 )

This sailing is not available

Please search for a similar sailing below

Edited by Eddie99
Addition

I've just been having a rummage on that site.

First Iona cruise appears to be 12th December.

No changes on the online agent that I use, though.

Perhaps we need to be bracing for an announcement - on Tuesday at 10am, of course. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Possibly just the cold house Avril?

I checked P&O and another website and all seems normal there

Just seems odd for that, large, cruise agent to have omitted them and to specifically say “This sailing is not available”

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

Just seems odd for that, large, cruise agent to have omitted them and to specifically say “This sailing is not available”

Maybe they don't want to risk it all going 

☆☆☆'s up again causing them more financial problems. Just safer not to sell them

Avril 

2 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Possibly just the cold house Avril?

I checked P&O and another website and all seems normal there

Or being a touch cynical, just for the sake of posing a different possibility....

There is an expectation that a further suspension is coming, someone has jumped the gun, it's been spotted, and there's a possibility of getting a few more bookings over the weekend (at full fare) until it's cancelled.

A bit like the scenario with Oceana....

We were booked on the Ventura January cruise to the US and Caribbean.  That cruise is no longer available to book. I suppose it could be sold out (unlikely as quite a few of us have cancelled) , or P&O are trying to reduce pax numbers, but it does seem suspicious. 

We have a Feb 2021 Caribbean booked so wanted to see Azura sail out there on Oct 16th but that doesn't look like happening now.  We have to pay balance on Oct 24th so won't know what to do now if the first cruise is scheduled for Dec. I have 2 FCC's for earlier cruises that I cannot even see anywhere as I am not set up yet on the system where you can see/use FCC's  and if we get another one cancelled we will be in a real mess.

I noticed also that the January and February 35 night cruises on Ventura aren't showing on P and O website.It may be that although not sold out, P and O may have decided that there are enough sold cabins at the moment in order to plan social distancing onboard.It may also be that those cruises are not going ahead though Arcadia's world cruise is still showing? We have previously been on a cruise which disappeared from the website for a few weeks (I think because it was sold out) but re appeared later when people cancelled

13 minutes ago, bee-ess said:

We have a Feb 2021 Caribbean booked so wanted to see Azura sail out there on Oct 16th but that doesn't look like happening now.  We have to pay balance on Oct 24th so won't know what to do now if the first cruise is scheduled for Dec. I have 2 FCC's for earlier cruises that I cannot even see anywhere as I am not set up yet on the system where you can see/use FCC's  and if we get another one cancelled we will be in a real mess.

If the cruise is cancelled by P and O you will be entitled to a refund.Our balance for Jan 2021 on Ventura is due 5 October and I am going to wait until then before transferring as I hope it will be cancelled by P and O and I don't want Fcc

10 minutes ago, ann141 said:

If the cruise is cancelled by P and O you will be entitled to a refund.Our balance for Jan 2021 on Ventura is due 5 October and I am going to wait until then before transferring as I hope it will be cancelled by P and O and I don't want Fcc

We cancelled ours and moved the deposit to a 2022 cruise.

I have had a look on the P&O website this morning:

The first cruises available to book are still:

Azura (A021) - 16/10

Arcadia (J014) - 18/10

Britannia (B024) - 23/10

Iona (G024) - 24/10

Ventura (N034) - 24/10

Aurora (R019) - 30/10

I could also book to go to San Francisco on Arcadia in January if I so chose.

All of the above are accepting bookings for 2 passengers (in an inside cabin), so they are definitely still on sale. Whether or not they are actually available, or planned to sail who knows....

Speaking of sales, the low deposit and latest extra OBC offer is until Monday 3rd August.  Just in time for Tuesday 4th August...(at 10am)...

The cold house website remains as yesterday

If it was just a glitch surely it would have been fixed by now?

As Ann says, above, P&O aren’t showing Ventura’s two 35 nighters Jan & Feb 2021.  Not looking great for the near future

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, wowzz said:

We cancelled ours and moved the deposit to a 2022 cruise.

I don't want to cancel until 5 October when the balance is due as I would prefer P and O to cancel and have a refund of the deposit rather than transfer the deposit to a future cruise.I think previously someone said you can just keep moving deposits but someone else stated that when they spoke to someone at P and O they were told they could only move the deposit to a cruise on sale at the moment.If they waited until the new brochure was out they would have to pay the usual £50pp admin charge to transfer.

9 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

As Ann says, above, P&O aren’t showing Ventura’s two 35 nighters Jan & Feb 2021.  Not looking great for the near future

Both itineraries include stops in Florida, where the virus is currently on the rampage. Things can change, but it’s unlikely to be a place to consider visiting for a while yet.

1 hour ago, No pager thank you said:

I should add, I cannot find any examples of "sold out" cruises on any ship, any itinerary before Christmas...

Traditionally cruises in November and December are difficult to sell whereas the 35 night cruises to the Caribbean are popular.Also possibly more people have already cancelled their cruises if they were due to sail before Christmas.Obviously we don't know the reason but am sure we will find out at some point!

2 minutes ago, ann141 said:

Traditionally cruises in November and December are difficult to sell whereas the 35 night cruises to the Caribbean are popular.Also possibly more people have already cancelled their cruises if they were due to sail before Christmas.Obviously we don't know the reason but am sure we will find out at some point!

Yes, there is definitely something strange going on...

I would say that our planned Christmas and New Year cruise on Iona is still on sale, which I would imagine is a popular choice (in normal circumstances).

I'll have another look later to see if anything changes😀

2 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

Yes, there is definitely something strange going on...

I would say that our planned Christmas and New Year cruise on Iona is still on sale, which I would imagine is a popular choice (in normal circumstances).

I'll have another look later to see if anything changes😀

From what Molecrochip has posted you might be on the maiden cruise!!

57 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Many TA's were left struggling  because of the sudden and ongoing cancellations since March. They probably don't want to be caught on the back foot again and so are taking matters into their own hands. Survival mode.

Avril 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

Ventura’s two long cruises in Jan/Feb are showing as sold out.

That would cause a problem if, by any chance, the cruises went ahead. They wouldn’t be able to adequately social distance on a full ship. 

15 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

That does not surprise me, but if they do go ahead I wonder if the US ports would be changed to further Caribbean destinations?

Would  the islands would want ship loads of potential COVID19 spreaders

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

Ventura’s two long cruises in Jan/Feb are showing as sold out.

Do you know whether this is because there are enough cabins sold at present (with social distancing measures in place)or more likely that these cruises are going to be cancelled?