P&O November cruises not available

normansbay

13 hours ago, Bazrat said:

The comercial rate of interest is not that high to warrant the expense of taking in money than refunding it.

IMO the issue is not one of interest earned but of cash flow. Carnival needs money coming in now to pay bills due now. What it is effectively doing is taking an interest free loan from customers.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ann141 said:

But if lots of people pay the balance and then take FCC instead of a refund the interest mounts up even at very low rates at present

I don't think the interest rate or value is at all significant, however the extra availability of cash and not needing to draw against an established credit line, will be far more valuable to the finance dept.

I really must read to the end of the thread before I comment, I really must...........

Edited by terrierjohn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I don't think the interest rate or value is at all significant, however the extra availability of cash and not needing to draw against an established credit line, will be far more valuable to the finance dept.

I really must read to the end of the thread before I comment, I really must...........

I'm guilty of that too. 😆

Avril 

8 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

4 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I'm guilty of that too. 😆

Avril 

The only problem with reading till the end Avril, is that by then I will have forgotten which posts I wanted to comment about!! So I think I will just have to accept the status quo.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Denarius said:

IMO the issue is not one of interest earned but of cash flow. Carnival needs money coming in now to pay bills due now. What it is effectively doing is taking an interest free loan from customers.

i see what your saying but could they guarantee to get enough money in to pay the bills, or in my view you use the established line of credit and the money that comes in you put in the general funds or even ring fence them, because would you as a director take the chance of using customer funds than not being able to pay them back in 3+ months,nothing would kill a company faster than the stigma of fleecing your customers.

32 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

i see what your saying but could they guarantee to get enough money in to pay the bills, or in my view you use the established line of credit and the money that comes in you put in the general funds or even ring fence them, because would you as a director take the chance of using customer funds than not being able to pay them back in 3+ months,nothing would kill a company faster than the stigma of fleecing your customers.

I think if P&O/Carnival were likely to be going bust, they would certainly have "un-ringfenced" any customers money to try and stay afloat, long before they went bust.

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

I think if P&O/Carnival were likely to be going bust, they would certainly have "un-ringfenced" any customers money to try and stay afloat, long before they went bust.

Your might be right but if your caught doing that than you would theoretically debarred from being a director, but saying that Boris would more than likely make you a lord.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Going back to the original post, I checked the website that was alluded to, and the November cruises are still not showing. 

What with the lack of an announcement this morning, it seems quite odd 

Still showing on P&O's website. Even the October cruise is still there. The cost of the November 6th cruise has even gone up.

Avril 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Still showing on P&O's website. Even the October cruise is still there. The cost of the November 6th cruise has even gone up.

Avril 

If anyone is booking cruises for November this year, they need their heads examining.

Talking of which, I am getting numerous emails regarding 2021 cruise deals.  Is anyone seriously contemplating booking a cruise for 2021 at the moment ?

I guess a late cruise next year, with a minimal deposit might be attractive, but  the prices I've seen aren't that special.

19 minutes ago, wowzz said:

If anyone is booking cruises for November this year, they need their heads examining.

Talking of which, I am getting numerous emails regarding 2021 cruise deals.  Is anyone seriously contemplating booking a cruise for 2021 at the moment ?

I guess a late cruise next year, with a minimal deposit might be attractive, but  the prices I've seen aren't that special.

What, where and how first!

7 hours ago, wowzz said:

We have December 2021 with a low deposit on Iona at what we thought was a good price for select balcony, but are still only hopeful we will go. 

A fair bit needs to change/settle, but hopefully we have plenty of time for everything to be sorted. 

Andy 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

lets do a quick survey of how many cruising deal emails we get per day. I guess up to 20 😱

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

Is anyone seriously contemplating booking a cruise for 2021 at the moment ?

Errm yes, me?? I booked one for October,  but that was booked last year so doesn't count. However 😊, I've transferred the deposit from this year to a June /July cruise 2021.😉

Avril 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

lets do a quick survey of how many cruising deal emails we get per day. I guess up to 20 😱

Already had two waiting for me this morning. One from CC for NCL and a Fred Olsen.

Avril 

3 hours ago, Cathygh said:

Someone on face book is reporting that Azura's TA on October 16th has disappeared.

Cathy

It may be premature to assume that the Winter fly cruise programme is cancelled in its entirety.

It could for example, mean that the ship will reposition without passengers. The risk of an outbreak in mid Atlantic hundreds of miles from the nearest land may not be one which P&O is prepared to contemplate. Or it could mean that the start of the season is delayed until December or even January. Or of course it could just mean that they are not taking any more bookings because the ship will sail with a reduced capacity and that capacity has already been reached.

Time will tell.

Edited by Denarius

2 hours ago, Denarius said:

It may be premature to assume that the Winter fly cruise programme is cancelled in its entirety.

It could for example, mean that the ship will reposition without passengers. The risk of an outbreak in mid Atlantic hundreds of miles from the nearest land may not be one which P&O is prepared to contemplate. Or it could mean that the start of the season is delayed until December or even January. Or of course it could just mean that they are not taking any more bookings because the ship will sail with a reduced capacity and that capacity has already been reached.

Time will tell.

But what do you do with 3000 pax in the Caribbean if you get a case of CV19 onboard? Having to quarantine the entire ship and then flying everyone home would be a nightmare . 

The entire Caribbean season seems high risk to me.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, wowzz said:

But what do you do with 3000 pax in the Caribbean if you get a case of CV19 onboard? Having to quarantine the entire ship and then flying everyone home would be a nightmare . 

The entire Caribbean season seems high risk to me.

You seem to have split your half full glass again wowzz, you're beginning to sound like Mercury and KTS's love child.😆

• Haha 1