The Daily for Sunday Aug 23, 2020

richwmn

Good morning all!!  Thank you Rich and Roy. 

Prayers and congrats for all on our lists. 

Ride the wind reminds me of a ride in a convertible.  And I hug my sweeties (DH and kitty) as often as I can.

Dinner tonight will be nachos.

• Like 4

🌺Good Morning Rich and to all on The Daily!!!!!
🌺To my wonderful sisters Ann and Joy 

love you guys! Stay safe with the 2 storms 

enjoy the day and tonite let’s just give a toast to all 🥂🍾  “To cruising soon and to all to be safe!”

🌺🌺 Roy so appreciate your care with the prayer list and celebrations too👍 It means a lot. I confess 🙄 I cheated by enlarging your photo of your sunrise on “Where am I!” I saw a 🇨🇦 flag so I knew at least the country! LOL

🌺🌺🌺 Jacqui love the picture of Marley 

so adorable and with your travel experiences you nailed it on Roy’s picture!

Can not wait for when we all start cruising again! I miss Roy’s blogs each morning to read as well as with Jacqui and Jose’s adventures!

😊Keep the faith and know we will all be back on our Blue HAL Beauties soon!

Denise😊

• Like 8

Thanks Rich and good morning all!  It was definite daffodil day recently, lol!  I remember looking for photos, and I didn’t have any, lol? 

Thanks Cat for the great wine descriptions, wish I had access to Total Wines right now.  

• Like 4

I use two different lists to chose the daily "holiday". One list did have Daffodil Day on the 18th, the other one which references an Australian web page lists it for today.

Also, the "Ride the Wind" reference is to Hot Air Balloons, but everyone can take it to mean anything they wish.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

with your travel experiences you nailed it on Roy’s picture!

Thanks, but I have to confess - I didn’t do any travel to identify that picture 😉. I’ve been down that street too many times 😉  It’s a horror in the winter by the way 😉

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, kazu said:

Thanks, but I have to confess - I didn’t do any travel to identify that picture 😉. I’ve been down that street too many times 😉  It’s a horror in the winter by the way 😉

So Halifax has a street that looks like the one in Saint John?

We went from Quebec to Boston last fall on NCL. Loved every city we stopped in. Would love to do it again.

• Like 4

Good morning all and thank you Rich for the Daily.  At least it's still morning here on the west coast, good afternoon to some!

We're having beautiful weather after a bit of a hot stretch.  Mid 70's F and no rain in sight 🙂  I plan to use the day to garden, it's perfect weather for it.  

In about 10 days we'll leave on a little road trip (social distancing and staying safe).  We're heading to Rocky Mountain Ntl. Park in CO, and then our yearly trip to Yellowstone.  Meanwhile, just trying to get some things done around the old homestead while the weather is good.  Everyone have a great day!

• Like 7

Good morning (yes, it's still morning here), thanks for the Daily!  I'm a little late to the party today - it's been a busy morning at our place with the kids and grandsons here - but I'm not complaining!  I will certainly hug my Honey Bunny today (always do), and it seems we may just "ride the wind" in his I-don't-know-what-year-it-is-but-its-old Jaguar convertible today.  Actually DH wants to take our oldest grandson (age 5) out in it for a spin to the ice cream parlour.

Great suggestion for dinner tonight - we can make fish tacos and have the remaining porcupine meatballs on the side for those who don't care for fish.  And wine.  BTW, I love the mask; I will look into getting one (or more) of them!

Our son posted this pic on his FB page yesterday and captioned it "and I will show you the universe" with DH and our smallest grandson (8 months).  I thought you might like it.  I'm sorry it appears to large; I don't know how to reduce the size of pic for posting here when I copy and paste.

image.thumb.jpeg.a2a898709745f31e71716a0323da2d37.jpeg

Prayers for all those who need them, and even for those who don't think they do, and happy thoughts for the celebrations we have today.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 16

Thank you for the Daily Rich.  I'll give my sweetie a big hug today.  I love daffodils and posted a photo the other day of some on my old home work desk that is now my husband's office work desk.  Happy ride the wind day!  We had fish tacos last night so won't have them again today, not sure what we will have.  I was complaining last night about doing all the meal planning and cooking and my husband just announced he is on his way to our local meat shop.  It'll be a surprise what he buys and makes.

46 minutes ago, kazu said:

Jacqui, funny thing, I was looking at cruises last night and am interested in the Zaandam 8/21/21 7 day roundtrip Boston.  It had some ports I haven't been to, including St John, NB and I was wondering if that is where you were.  Now I know!  Thank you Roy for posting the picture!

Have a great Sunday everyone!

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

So Halifax has a street that looks like the one in Saint John?

We went from Quebec to Boston last fall on NCL. Loved every city we stopped in. Would love to do it again.

Quite similar.  They are both hilly cities and downhill takes you to the boardwalk/waterfront and uphill takes you to their memorial sites.

Halifax is prettier than Saint John IMO and I believe their street is a two way one (my memory can be short).  They both have steep walks if you are going uphill with Halifax being the steepest IIRC.  Halifax’s waterfront has really been upgraded and is very pretty with important museums and sites.  Saint John’s is nice but it’s museum although close is a bit hidden unless you know it is there.  The Boardwalk is nice but the work on the waterfront is not as extensive as Saint John’s.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I have been having a hard time getting on to CC today.  But good morning all, and thank you Rich and Roy.  I have a couple to add to the Care List,, Roy - my DH spent some time at the hospital yesterday for back pain (spinal stenosis) and will be out of action for a while!  Also Mrs. Sailingdutchy, in Ontario, who fell off a ladder (!!) and ended up the hospital with an injured back.  So everybody, take care, these things come in threes!!

Welcome to all the newcomers to The Daily, this is turning into a very popular thread.😄

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Our son posted this pic on his FB page yesterday and captioned it "and I will show you the universe" with DH and our smallest grandson (8 months). 

I love this!  Great caption 🙂  We have 2 grandsons, ages 5 and 7, they mean the world to me.  Thank you for sharing this great photo!

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Jacqui, funny thing, I was looking at cruises last night and am interested in the Zaandam 8/21/21 7 day roundtrip Boston.  It had some ports I haven't been to, including St John, NB and I was wondering if that is where you were. 

LOL Sharon - tip #1 never call Saint John, N.B.  St. John.  If you are flying you could end up in Newfoundland if you type that in.  

We don’t live in Saint John - we prefer God’s country 😉 But we are close enough that we can get there easily and I worked there for a few years.  So, yes, we know the city.  And I especially know that street 😉 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

I have been having a hard time getting on to CC today.  But good morning all, and thank you Rich and Roy.  I have a couple to add to the Care List,, Roy - my DH spent some time at the hospital yesterday for back pain (spinal stenosis) and will be out of action for a while!  Also Mrs. Sailingdutchy, in Ontario, who fell off a ladder (!!) and ended up the hospital with an injured back.  So everybody, take care, these things come in threes!!

Welcome to all the newcomers to The Daily, this is turning into a very popular thread.😄

Oh no Ann, I am so sorry to hear about Pat and Martha. ❤️ 

I hope they are both feeling better very soon. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, kazu said:

LOL Sharon - tip #1 never call Saint John, N.B.  St. John.  If you are flying you could end up in Newfoundland if you type that in.  

I became aware of that with my first trip in Newfoundland in 1999.  The tour organizer wanted to be VERY sure none of the participants ended up in your fair city.  Must say, though. that getting to Saint John is not exactly easy, it's a lot better than St. Johns.  IIRC, for me it was Baltimore-Toronto-Halifax-St. Johns with both the end segments on little puddle jumpers.

Roy

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, kazu said:

We don’t live in Saint John - we prefer God’s country 😉 But we are close enough that we can get there easily and I worked there for a few years.  So, yes, we know the city.  And I especially know that street 😉 

Hilarious!  And good to know! 

I really don't want to do that particular cruise though because it's only 7 days so may not make it to Saint John anytime soon.  Looking for something to replace my 17 day New England/Newfoundland/Greenland cruise that was to be on the Rotterdam.  May end up doing a New England/Canada B2B.  Was also looking at a TA.  I have Cruise Credits and want to book something.

• Like 3

Rich:

Thank you for the Fleet report: aka the DAILY.  It is nice to see the Signature Sister heading to Brazil.  I am thinking maybe they wlll windup at the Bahama anchorage and maybe Ft Lauderdale around Christmas.  Here is hoping...

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

IIRC, for me it was Baltimore-Toronto-Halifax-St. Johns with both the end segments on little puddle jumpers.

I call them puddle hoppers but it’s the same idea, Roy.

I have to take one every time to get out of here to connect.  Oh, the joys of travel 😉 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

I really don't want to do that particular cruise though because it's only 7 days so may not make it to Saint John anytime soon.  Looking for something to replace my 17 day New England/Newfoundland/Greenland cruise that was to be on the Rotterdam.  May end up doing a New England/Canada B2B.  Was also looking at a TA.  I have Cruise Credits and want to book something.

Sharon, I recommend if you are doing B2B, to fly into Boston or another US state. Allen and I flew to Quebec last year via Spokane, WA for a cruise and it took FOREVER. Layover in Chicago was over 4 hours on a red eye. 

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

I was looking at cruises last night and am interested in the Zaandam 8/21/21 7 day roundtrip Boston.  It had some ports I haven't been to, including St John, NB and I was wondering if that is where you were. 

I’ll have to check that out. I’m interested in seeing that area, and Zaandam (or Volendam) would be a winner. But for now I’m not putting any deposits down until we have a better idea on Mr Covid.

1 hour ago, richwmn said:

Also, the "Ride the Wind" reference is to Hot Air Balloons, but everyone can take it to mean anything they wish.

I’m going to interpret it as a special day for mountain biking.😃 I did a short ride today in the heat. It was warm and humid. My group was scheduled for a 22mile ride to a swimming hole. 

Once I get into shape (and it gets cooler) I’ll properly celebrate. 

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Maybe make it a 21-day B2B2B with a continuing to a 14-day round trip to Montreal.  I think the days when HAL ships will be able to get to Montreal are numbered.

Roy

• Like 5