The Daily for Sunday Aug 23, 2020

richwmn

today is Hug Your Sweetheart Day, Daffodil Day, and Ride the Wind Day  

If you're going to do something tonight that you'll be sorry for tomorrow morning, sleep late.
        -- Henny Youngman

Meal suggestion for today - Summer Garden Fish Tacos

Wine of the day - Château Branaire-Ducru St.-Julien vintage 2015

Gulf Bridge (Amsterdam Luggage) at Sea Caribbean destination Miami eta 8/27

At Sea Atlantic
Volendam destination Gibraltar eta 9/9
Westerdam destination Gibraltar eta 9/9

At Sea Indian
Eurodam destination Fortaleza Brazil eta 9/8
Nieuw Amsterdam destination Fortaleza Brazil eta 9/7
Noordam destination Limassol eta 9/10

Piraeus
Maasdam

Katakolo
Veendam

Punta Arenas
Koningsdam
Oosterdam

Port Klang
Zuiderdam

Rotterdam
Amsterdam - at Rotterdam Botlek
Rotterdam - at Rotterdam Botlek

Scheveningen NL Anchorage
Nieuw Statendam
Zaandam

0823World.png

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Morning Dailyites & my Sisters. Denise, stay safe out there.  Bless you for volunteering your skills and experience. Joy you might get more from the two storms than I do. Just heard that Laura will most like miss The Keys, too. 

Hmmmm another chock full day. I see “ride the wind” and I automatically think of sailing. I haven’t been sailing since I left Maryland, but it always felt like riding the wind, when the wind caught the sails. 

Lol on the quote! Meal sounds great.

Wine is very highly rated. Average price is $60, so a bit pricey, but it does sound Like an another amazing French red blend. Not sure about when it is best to drink it though. WS is the only one that said it is good to drink now. Two of the other reviewers said 2025. At this price, I would probably wait before opening. 

#33 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2018

An attractive bouquet of red and black fruit, lovely and fresh, clear-cut and complex. Dense and round on the palate, it is powerful yet elegant.

Blend: 65% Cabernet Sauvignon, 26% Merlot, 5% Petit Verdot, 4% Cabernet Franc

WE95

Wine Enthusiast

This family-owned estate has produced a structured and dark wine with great concentration balanced by acidity and pure, creamy fruit. It is a wine with a good future. The aftertaste leaves juicy acidity and firm tannins. Drink from 2025.

WS94

Wine Spectator

This pumps lush fig, boysenberry and blackberry confiture notes along, pushed by a rather polished but ample structure. Lots of anise and violet details cascade in on the finish, giving this extra aromatic dimension. Best from 2020 through 2038.

Prayers to all who need our support.  

🥂 to those celebrating!

Stay well everyone!

• Like 7

Thank you for the daily, Rich.  Love the quote and the selection of days. 

My meal suggestion today is Lebanese Lamb Shank with Baked Alaska which I enjoyed on August 23, 2013 and again on the Statendam exactly a year later.

Today's care list:

Fatcat's MIL

Mrs Vmax

Summer Slope's neighbpr

Dr Fauci

Cedar Rapids

Soaking rain and heat relief for Phoenix and much of the Southwest

Teachers, students, and school staff

Those fighting wildfires

Those preparing for

Good weather for outdoor services

Patience for Dismomx5

and Krazy Kruizers and Joe

Today's celebrations and shoutouts

Welcome travelingbums

Welcome back GeorgesGal

Happy 5th Cruise Critic anniversary to puppycanducruise

Sharon's In-Laws

Front Line health workers

Firefighters

and family visits

Roy

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 🙂 

I might be missing the boat,  but wasn’t it daffodil day the other day?  I might be having a senior moment 😉 

Definitely will give my sweetheart a hug today.

Love that quote - great advice - LOL. 😄 

Fish tacos are yummy,  Great meal suggestion.

Thanks @cat shepard for the wine description.  It does sound nice, albeit pricey especially silly with our exchange rate and taxes on wine 😉 

Marley was supervising me working yesterday.  He wishes everyone a happy Sunday 😄 

012002A7-F475-436C-B092-A601ED7A3B82.thumb.jpeg.9f3ca3af464e032eb452f9bc7ddd7058.jpeg

EA8A9021-6885-46A5-A64C-01D05C8B8D1D.jpeg.b0127c9355ccd0f849f3d7a852c72f34.jpeg

Prayers to all on our Care list and big shout outs to our celebrations today.

Have a great day, stay safe and don’t forget your mask: I need one like this 😉 

6CAB2D73-C511-4CD5-BA30-BFFAEBC9387F.thumb.jpeg.335cd91557394fe79ca982d0706e1495.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Haha 1

Good morning Rich! Thank you for the Daily. I love the garden fish taco idea. No on the wine.

I hug my sweetheart ALL the time!

Welcome to our new viewers and hope you jump right in with your type of Daily sharing.

Roy, said all my prayers from your list and will toast early today to your celebrations with a mimosa at brunch.

Good morning to my adorable sisters Denise and Ann. Ann I saw this morning where the storms are veering. Another historical happening with 2 hurricanes at the same time.. just the historical thing we need right now..

Denise hope you and David are finally rested up from your "adventure" and happy to be home having fun.

We had 9 cardinals at our feeders last night and 5 hummingbirds. We sat outside and they pretty much ignored us, so I guess we are all family now.

Sweetheart's come in all shapes and sizes:

cute puppy hugs - Cute Puppies Photo (41423765) - Fanpop

And I guess hugs can be confusing?

image.png.42463b281cad4e19b493496f2d13ac80.png

I had some really funny "ride the wind" jokes, but better post a "safe for CC" picture:

image.jpeg.fec17b41d6c0dae5f70a0f38cbbe9f9d.jpeg

Have a Blessed Sunday, hug your loved ones. Wear your mask. Be good. Love ya'll!

Edited by Seasick Sailor
  • Like 7
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Today's sunrise will double as a where am I.  I have been there on HAL and Crystal has been there but not me aboard.  It  was August 23 but for now I won't say what year:

dawn0823.JPG.8697eb8645e71e2a45817d8ccd3e0c32.JPG

Roy

Hi Roy, thanks for the pictures and sunrises. Could this be Quebec? 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Today's sunrise will double as a where am I.  I have been there on HAL and Crystal has been there but not me aboard.  It  was August 23 but for now I won't say what year:

Roy

I think we can  narrow it down to Canada.  But which city?  

• Like 2

These are from last summer at our Canada Cottage. I hope the gardens are surviving our absence this summer!

A mixture of sedum in bloom -

1844758108_DSC_1457(2).thumb.JPG.6f4b4412c04b3ca25664edf202300480.JPG

Armor stone terrace at the lakeside. The peonies go back almost 100 years to my grandmother's house in Beaver Falls, PA -

DSC_1444.thumb.JPG.604bade1ada25313adc40d4c807fb7fb.JPG

Geranium and sedum -

311825157_DSC_1406(2).thumb.JPG.1a3cba18225c786d70eebbb06b33f61d.JPG

• Like 15

Good  morning to  all. I am   a  long  time  lurker...I  think Roy's  picture  is taken  in  Montreal. It  looks  like   a   street  near   the  Cathedral   at   the   top  of   the  hill. Also, Kazu, your   dog  Marley  is  just   so cute!

• Like 7

1 minute ago, smitty34877 said:

Good  morning to  all. I am   a  long  time  lurker...I  think Roy's  picture  is taken  in  Montreal. It  looks  like   a   street  near   the  Cathedral   at   the   top  of   the  hill. Also, Kazu, your   dog  Marley  is  just   so cute!

Welcome to the daily.  Your answer sounds like something I could easily picture but still not the right province.

Roy

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Welcome to our Daily! Hope you join us more often.

Joy

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Welcome to the gang!

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Nice to see you posting 🙂. Welcome to the Daily 😄 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

That is  a street in Saint John, NB, I believe.  Failing that,  Halifax 

• Like 4

Good morning, it will be a hot and humid day in Southern Ontario.  Thanks for all the information Rich, you keep us fed and watered with your meal and wine suggestions, thinking with your quote of the day, what we can celebrate and hopeful that the ships are coming to ports closer to us.   Thanks to Roy for keeping the lists up to date and to Cat Shepard for the wine descriptions.  We are not having tacos, but a close second - fajitas.   My best to all for a glorious Sunday.  

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, Live4cruises said:

My vote is Halifax.

We spent 2 great days there, and were looking forward to returning this fall.  Not to be, sadly.

Not Halifax but Saint John (I should have been to Saint John in late July).  I also should have been in Halifax this fall (September 25 on the Zuiderdam),

Roy

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kazu said:

I might be missing the boat,  but wasn’t it daffodil day the other day?  I might be having a senior moment 😉 

@kazuThat's what I thought too, so I Googled it. Here's a couple references I found

Aug 18, 2020 - Today is World Daffodil Day. Daffodil Days are held on a wide range of dates at the world, national, and local level.

Aug 18, 2020 - Daffodil Days are held to raise the awareness of cancer and how to avoid it. Other goals of World Daffodil Day, are to raise funds for cancer

• Like 5