Crew retuning

karena1

Our Crew friend from St Lucia just sent us a message that he has been recalled to Navigator for Sept 21st.  Anticipating cruising starting on Nov 1st.  Sent me the actual text from Royal.  So super good news.  We will book Navigator for Nov if that happens just to see him!!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Yorkvillain said:

Good news. What department does your friend work in?

He is a bar tender-normally mans the satellite bars.  We have known him a long time and love him, so super happy he is finally getting to go back to work!

Edited by karena1
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, karena1 said:

Our Crew friend from St Lucia just sent us a message that he has been recalled to Navigator for Sept 21st.  Anticipating cruising starting on Nov 1st.  Sent me the actual text from Royal.  So super good news.  We will book Navigator for Nov if that happens just to see him!!

You just made my evening!!!!!

55 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Interesting. I would have bet bartenders wouldn’t be the first recalled. 

M8

Perhaps bartenders are not the first recalled;  sounds promising that other departments were called back prior to him!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, karena1 said:

Guess I better buy back in on RCCL stock.

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Interesting. I would have bet bartenders wouldn’t be the first recalled. 

M8

I would tend to agree, unless maybe he is taking on a different role? However Navi typically a shorter cruise length, like 4 days. 

All that I can really think of is, if they’re starting to call back crew they must feel they have a pretty good plan for the CDC. Or maybe they’re taking the ship to Europe and just sailing in one country like MSC. 

• Like 4

I had booked a new cruise for sept 2021 this past week and the CSR had told me they were hoping to start up with some modified sailings in November - but didn't know for sure.     

I will be so happy to see them start up just like they are in Europe.  I suspect they will have alot of the same protocols in place that MSC has had for the last 3 weeks of their sailings.     

I suspect the modified sailings will be out of Florida which makes me sad as I am not going to fly to a cruise now - would love if they had something out of baltimore or bayonne.

fingers, toes and legs crossed.....

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

Thank you very much for posting, timeline makes sense if Royal is going to attempt a November start! We are only a couple of weeks out, please keep us in the loop on updates. 

This also lines up with idea that Navigator and Mariner might be the first out of the gate.  Hasn't there been speculation that Royal will restart with 3/4 day cruise first?  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

You know others called back before your friend?

I posted this elsewhere but seems others getting calls. ... from the carnival board. I'm not betting on November, but this guy thinks possibly December ... but at least we know calls going out.

Lol if nothing else first cruises out they plan on us drinking

20200904_143011504.jpeg

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

This kind of makes sense now. I have a couple of Mariner sailings in November. The pricing has been usually within $20 - $40. Up a little and down a little. Today I checked pricing they've nearly doubled in price. There are lots of cabin availability in every category. So it seems if you want to be one of the first to sail you'll certainly pay the price.  

7 minutes ago, Retired LEO said:

This kind of makes sense now. I have a couple of Mariner sailings in November. The pricing has been usually within $20 - $40. Up a little and down a little. Today I checked pricing they've nearly doubled in price. There are lots of cabin availability in every category. So it seems if you want to be one of the first to sail you'll certainly pay the price.  

I just checked the prices and they seem normal looking to me.  What price are you thinking looks double?