New Enhancements to Royal Phone App

I especially like the Muster 2.0

Mobile app functionalities include:

• Just announced: Muster 2.0 – one of the least-loved, but most important, parts of a cruise vacation – the safety drill – is transformed from a process designed for large groups of people into a faster, more personal “one-to-few” approach that guests can complete at their own time.
  • Scheduled arrival time – staggered arrival times for guests help eliminate crowds by managing the ebb-and-flow in parking lots, drop-off areas and terminals to allow for physical distancing from car to stateroom.
  • Expedited boarding – by completing check-in with the app, scanning passport information and uploading a ‘selfie’ security photo, guests can generate a mobile boarding pass and qualify for an expedited boarding process. Debuted in 2018, the innovative, digital experience minimizes check-in and security lines at ports, allowing guests to get on board seamlessly and safely in minutes.
  • Digital key – guests can unlock staterooms with their smartphones by downloading a digital key, available in just a few taps for select ships and staterooms.
    Stateroom automation – using their smartphone, guests have the ability to control elements inside their stateroom, such as the TV, lighting, window shades and temperature, limiting touchpoints while achieving higher levels of stateroom customization.
  • Onboard account – guests can view onboard charges and credits in real time from anywhere on the ship without waiting in line or on hold.
  • Daily planning – onboard activities, entertainment shows, dining and shore excursions are viewable and open for reservations all through the guest mobile app.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/23481-new-technology-driving-royal-caribbean-s-return-to-service.html

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I’m wonder if people can now remove Gratuities from the app instead of waiting inline at Guest Services. Lol

M8

I hope not, that would make it too easy.  Maybe they will have a separate line with a sign up - specific line for removing gratuities!

• Thanks 1

I like or love most of these features but man the staggered boarding or late boarding really, really stinks.i like to get on the ship as early as possible, usually by noon and start vaca early.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 hour ago, notmyrealnameoremail said:

I thought the only missing ship was Grandeur?   

Ships without the app:

Explorer (likely to be added soon as she's about to come out of dry dock)

Jewel

Grandeur

Radiance

Everything you want to know about the app can be found here:

Edited by Biker19

15 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Ships without the app:

Explorer (likely to be added soon as she's about to come out of dry dock)

Jewel

Grandeur

Radiance

Everything you want to know about the app can be found here:

13 minutes ago, Tony O said:

Radiance  is not listed

Thanks.  Now I don't feel singled out.

5 hours ago, JAMESCC said:

I like or love most of these features but man the staggered boarding or late boarding really, really stinks.i like to get on the ship as early as possible, usually by noon and start vaca early.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

The day you board is day 1 and a day you pay for. It’s understandable in a Covid world but when all this passes I hope they don’t retain the late boarding. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

The day you board is day 1 and a day you pay for. It’s understandable in a Covid world but when all this passes I hope they don’t retain the late boarding. 

Exactly my thoughts, you paid for that first day that is why I want to board as early as possible. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Billy Baltic said:

Agreed.  While I understand what they're trying to accomplish, there's a pretty big difference between boarding at 11:00am like I tend to do and boarding at 5:00pm as I've seen offered for boarding times in some upcoming cruises.  

Unfortunately, I would expect them to attempt to (further) monetize the desire of some cruisers to board earlier.  

• Like 1

Nice to see RCI is trying to keep up with technology!

Our last pre-Covid cruises were Explorer for Christmas and Crown Princess for New Year and while Explorer surprisingly won in several departments where we did not expect her to win, Princess app (and medallion) were absolutely amazing!

Well surprisingly internet was cheaper and a bit faster too. But I am more than OK with last two on RCI ships.  

Not to mention dropping or losing your phone mid-cruise. 

Met a guy who made the mistake of upgrading his phone mid-cruise.  It didn't go well.   He won't make that mistake again.  My son enjoyed the DX a little too much and entered the wrong code 10 times locking his phone permanently while on Harmony .   He needed a laptop to wipe it and start over from scratch.   

Curious how it will work when you don't buy a Voom plan.  Some phones are very picky about connecting to wifi and what they perceive as a broken network if they can't reach the internet.     Some phones may connect but once the phone is locked they'll ignore that wifi network and you have to go through the whole process again once you unlock your phone.  Having to do that everytime you scan a QR menu would be a PITA.  

The line at GS may get shorter but the line at the Voom desk may get longer.  

Edited by twangster